Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny circles me what does this mean?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Willow
      Participant
      39 posts Send Private Message

When I ever Willow’s play-pen he circles around me running fast and making very low honking noises. I’m not sure what he wants.

• Hazel
        Participant
        2587 posts Send Private Message

At 4 months old he’s probably hitting puberty. The circling and honking means he’s courting you. 😆

• DanaNM
          9050 posts Send Private Message

Yep, sounds like he’s getting ready to mount you!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16999 posts Send Private Message

Yep, he’s definitely lovestruck.

• Pat22eguin
              Participant
              14 posts Send Private Message

He wants to make love lol. Get him fixed as soon as possible because he’s going to become frustrated and most likely destructive. In the meantime, get him a plush toy slightly smaller than him that he can mount and release some of his built up energy on.

• Willow
                  Participant

And I also tried putting a plushie but he had no interest in it 😅

• Willow
                  Participant

Hi, thank you all for the replies.

I haven’t got him fixed yet as all my vets are booked till June, but he has stopped with the circling and honking and is currently 6 months old. I’m very happy he isn’t spraying at all and is litter-trained😪 Moreover, he doesn’t show any aggression or destructiveness so I hope it stays like this. I still do want to get him neutered though, but again all my vets are booked till June😔

• Bam
                    16951 posts Send Private Message

There’s no rush, health wise. Most, if not all, intact buns will get spring fever in early spring, when the light starts to return. It tends to subside, at least to an extent. It sounds great that he isnt spraying now! Spraying is pretty much the least nice thing about bunny puberty.

• Hazel
                      Participant
                      2587 posts Send Private Message

Agreed, there’s no rush. I would say this is actually a good thing. Teenage hormones play a big part in healthy development, so the fact that he gets to stay intact for a little while longer and let his hormones do their thing is great. Most of the time, the hormonal behaviors make this more or less impossible. I’m glad he’s behaving himself, fingers crossed it stays that way. 🙂

• Willow
                        Participant

Yup fingers crossed!🤞🏻

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny circles me what does this mean?