Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE My bunny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Amanda
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,

My mom found a bunny sitting all by himself by a street this summer, and I decided to keep him and I brought him to college with me  Today he jumped in the fridge when I opened it and it was adorable. His name is Thumper and he’s around 1 or 2 years old. 

I just get a little stressed out sometimes because pets are not allowed in on campus housing, but no one’s discovered him so far. I’m planning on living off campus next year so that won’t be a problem then.

Do you guys have any tips for new bunny owners? I haven’t had much time lately because I’ve been so busy with school, but I try to let him out of his crate for at least 2 or 3 hours a day. 

• Bam
        16957 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for saving this bunny!

Basic bunny info can be found on this page: https://binkybunny.com/BUNNYINFO/tabid/53/Default.aspx

You seem very fond of him, that’s really great. Caring for a bunny is a bit of a learning curve, but we’ve all been there and we’ll be happy to offer tips if you have specific questions.

Diet is important, the House Rabbit Society has a lot of info about how to compose an appropriate bunny diet: http://rabbit.org/faq-diet/ The HRS is a good, reliable source of info.

For medical stuff, Medirabbit is a trusted source.

Hoping to hear more from you and Thumper!

• sarahthegemini
          Participant
          5584 posts Send Private Message

It’s great that you saved this bunny As for tips, have a browse on the different sections here and you will learn A LOT. But it’s definitely a learning curve as Bam said and chances are you’ll make mistakes, but we all do Give Thumper as much time out of his crate as possible and make sure he has plenty of grass hay (timothy, orchard, oat are the ones I know of but there are more) They should have leafy greens every day too such as romaine lettuce, rocket, watercress, kale, parsley, dill, carrot tops, chicory etc. Fruits and carrot are very high in sugar so should be given in moderation, I. E. As a treat

To keep him entertained, baby toys are great. Stacking cups, plastic bowling pins, baby keys, giant legos are all enjoyed by my two lops. Willow toys that they can chew are usually appreciated too.

Not sure what your cage set up is like, could you post a photo? If you’re using bedding all over, most of us here reccomend not to do that because it can make litter training more difficult. So just use litter substrate in the litter tray and keep the rest bare or with a fleece blanket if you absolutely must have something on the bottom.

Would love to see Thumper if you can post photos for us

• Bladesmith
            Participant
            849 posts Send Private Message

Good for you! The learning curve is quite steep, but oh so worth it. Two pieces of advice; One, bunny proof your room to a fare thee well (Because of they CAN get to something bad for them, they will. Usually around 3 am.) Give your bun as MUCH free time out of cage as you possibly can. You don’t need to be with it every second, but they thrive the more they can binky loose. Feeling that bunny tugging on your pajama leg when you’re typing will remind you of how much love and affection a bun can offer.

And; This thread is worthless without pics. We need the pics!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE My bunny