Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Moving with a Rabbit

This topic contains 34sd replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Q8bunny 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

pinknfwuffy
    Participant

Thank you! We’re planning on this Saturday but snow may force it to Sunday. Either way, by the end of the weekend we should be in our new home. And happier, hopefully. Updates soon! Unless all of the packing kills me and Olaf takes over the world.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Good luck x

Dface
    Participant

Good luck to you and Olaf!!

pinknfwuffy
    Participant

We made it! It’s been a few days now and Olaf and I are settling into our new home. It’s a tiny cottage with just enough space for a human and house bunny. Olaf took the traveling remarkably well. He didn’t eat on the road (as expected) but gobbled up lots of greens and hay as soon as we arrived. I left him in his cage for the first 24 hours to get used to the new environment. He thumped quite a bit two nights in a row but there were lots of new sounds and smells so I don’t blame him. Last night was better and I think he’s gotten used to a lot of it. I have his pen set up so he can explore one half of the living space and I’ve tried to recreate our routine as much as possible. He did a few binkies after some exploring so I think he approves.

THANK YOU to everyone who offered sage advice. It really means a lot to me and I’m happy to have this community for moral support.

Q8bunny
    Participant

A tiny cottage sounds so lovely to me. My dream is to live in a tiny space with Chewie (either a tiny house or a tiny Japanese-style flat).

Dface
    Participant

So glad to hear it went smoothly! My pair did the same stamping routine for the first few nights too lol.
    But sounds like you guys are definitely on the right track.
    Ditto Q8 Id love a little cottage that i could plant window boxes and basically bury it in a mound of different flowers.. But then would i have room to keep hoarding rabbits…?

Q8bunny
    Participant

ROTFL ?

That IS the dilemma, isn’t it?

pinknfwuffy
    Participant

Q8 – I do hope you have one of your own eventually! This place was just absolute luck. It’s a rental next to the landlord’s house but they are a lovely family (which is a major improvement from my last landlord). I’m really looking forward to making it a home. I LOVE small cottages and houses so I’m taking notes on this one in case I ever get to have a sweet little plot of my own.

I agree, Dface! A darling little cottage covered in blooms! A few of the tiny houses in the area I live have roses climbing over up the walls and over the roofs in the summer. It’s magnificent. I saw a tiny house show where a couple designed their home around their bunny so it had built-in tunnels and hide space. O.O

Sounds like rabbit people also have the same taste in accommodations.

Dface
    Participant

A purpose designed rabbit cottage sounds like a dream..!
    I have seen loads of cat oriented houses but never rabbit ones.

I love the coziness of cottages, and I’m huge into fire places /stoves.
    (i think peep would really love lounging in the warmth from one)

I do think rabbits maybe attract similar kinds of people ?

Q8bunny
    Participant

Thank goodness for birds of a feather flocking together!

This winter, we’ve established Chewbacca’s love of warmth, so we too are rooting for a pot belly stove or something in our eventual place.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.