Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Moving soon!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • SassyBuns
      Participant
      48 posts Send Private Message

My family and I are moving soon and my mom wants to build the bunnies a portable shed with an outdoor pen attached for them! The only thing is we don’t know what to build it out of, what protection we need on the inside, how we keep bugs out and last if we need any special things like a heater for winter or ac for summer! Any tips help )

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Hi there!

Honestly, bunnies should never live outside because of predators, inadequate living quarters and the influx in temperature. I suggest living inside the house so you can easily detect if they get sick, because GI stasis is the silent killer, but also it is healthier and they live longer if they live inside. If you HAVE TO keep the buns outside, I would look into buying an extra large insulated dog house.
          I hope that helps.

• Daisy
          Participant
          199 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Bunny House on 5/08/2018 8:04 PM

Hi there!

Honestly, bunnies should never live outside because of predators, inadequate living quarters and the influx in temperature. I suggest living inside the house so you can easily detect if they get sick, because GI stasis is the silent killer, but also it is healthier and they live longer if they live inside. If you HAVE TO keep the buns outside, I would look into buying an extra large insulated dog house.
            I hope that helps.

That’s not always true. When you’re in Australia or Canada I understand why it is better to keep bunnies inside (harsh weather, bears, snakes…), but in a lot of countries it is completely fine to keep bunnies outside. Just judge for yourself if your country is suited for bunnies outside and always make sure you enclose the entire pen (including the top and bottom!) so that no predators can get in or bunnies can jump or dig out.

Bunnies are fine between -20 and +30 degrees Celcius. Make sure you have a dog house or some other space stuffed with straw where they can hide from cold, wind and rain. Also make sure there are spots where they can hide from the sun.

• Azerane
            4689 posts Send Private Message

Hi there, which country are you from as that will help with our recommendations for what you may need to make a bunny safe shed

• SassyBuns
              Participant
              48 posts Send Private Message

I live in the us

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Moving soon!