Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Mad March Hare-brained rabbit folk and their rabbits

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • jerseygirl
      22345 posts Send Private Message

Do tell !  Have you got some confessions/admissions of bunny-craziness or know someone you’d like to tell a story about?  Some ideas you’ve thought about doing for your rabbits that would be considered a tad over-the-top?

Or is it something your rabbit(s) have done that is just bizarre and silly? 

Okay, so maybe it’s things that aren’t so crazy when you’re talking with other rabbit folk, but you get strange looks from others in your life.

I don’t really have anything myself to admit, at this time. Not anything I think is too out-of-control crazy, anyway.   I did take in 5 rabbits for bunsitting last night, so there is not a bedroom in the house that is rabbit-free anymore. 

I did have a little “you know you’re rabbit obsessed when…” moment last week.  I bought the Ikea rabbit soft toy and it has brown foot pads sewn on the hocks. It’s kinda driving me nuts because it’s anatomically incorrect. Im going to get to it with an unpicking tool at some point. I just now it!

Also, this photo I saw on a rescue page made me envious. Im like, I want a bidet for the bunnies!

No automatic alt text available.
        (photo was shared on Rabbit Run-away Orphanage FB page

I believe this rabbit thinks it’s just a place to hang out)

I do recall many years ago thinking if I had the money, I’d try to install some sort of flushing litterbox system. 

ETA: I just realised the toliet seat is up in that photo. I hope the bun doesn’t try jump onto that one. Fingers crossed this was just a one-off photo the owner snapped. I’m always paranoid about rabbits jumping into a toilet so its always seat down at my place, even though they don’t have access to the bathroom. 

• DanaNM
        9050 posts Send Private Message

I got one, not sure if it’s in the theme though: The other day something was itching me in my bra…. turns out it had a bunch of hay pieces in it!

OOPS!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Haha, a bunch eh?
            Had you been using them to measure how many cups of hay to divvie out for the rabbits?

I did find an old bun poop in my underwear drawer once. My reaction?
            “Aw it so cuuute”. It was one of Timbu’s baby poopies. I got nostalgic…

When he was tiny, I had made a small grid condo that sat on top of my dresser. It must have rolled in during that time.

I also found HIM in the bottom drawer of that dresser one time. Lol!

• Dface
            Participant
            1084 posts Send Private Message

DanaNM-Hay anywhere is the worst, I’ve had a coworker pull a strand of hay out of my hair (whoops)
              Jersey-the bidet is hilarious!!

I have plans to give the rabbits the glass house when the weather gets nicer…the mock up plan involves refitting the roof so it’s not glass (i dont want to cook the rabbts) filling half of it with soil, (organic worm mulch basically) and getting it about a half metre deep, and sloping creating a mound to the bench areas on either side (Peep doesnt jump) giving them access to the grape vines.
              Im also hoping to place a large storage container in it (to act as a burrow) with a lid for access in case I need to get them out and a camera to see what they get up to down there, and a pair of connected tunnels to lead them in and out. the plan is to then plant grass on the rest of the soil to create a mound for them to play on as well. There’s also the “decontamination” section, which is just a soil free are for drinking bowls, which i can use to groom them before they are allowed back in the house for the evening/night.
              I also want to padlock the door and have 2 keys cut, one for me and a house key-just to stop guests wandering in to “play” with them.
              Family do not feel comfortable with how much excitement I have for this. (A lot of excitement is that Im working shift work atm and rabbits are so loud when they know you are trying to sleep!)

My mom also has plans to convert the hen house when the last of the hens pass away (read: my mom is wishing the hens lives away so she can build her dream bunny shed for my rabbits)
              She has the whole thing planned out (im not actually part of these plans) and she is so excited to spend her days looking out at the rabbits in their shed play area.

The rest of the family think we are mad..

I also got weird looks when I bought them a childrens ball pen, and the shop assistant started asking how old the kids were and I was like ” oh my rabbits are 1 and 2 years old”…and tried to calculate that in human years for comparison…

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Dana: LOL you sound like me changing for the gym. Every time I’m changing on my lunch break I find hay all over the bathroom stall at work… oops! Yesterday I had a poo stuck to my foot inside my flat and didn’t notice it until I changed into sneakers, and there goes a poo rolling across the floor.

• DanaNM
                9050 posts Send Private Message

LOL it was like a dusting of small crushed up pieces, like the kind at the bottom of a hay bag! Who knows how they got there…

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• pinknfwuffy
                  Participant
                  660 posts Send Private Message

Bunny bidet, my goodness!

I think we’ve all done some ridiculous things for our buns. It seems to get worse the longer you have them. I was originally set on the idea that Olaf would have his condo and a few toys here and there since my apartment is so small. I’ve now rearranged my furniture for the sole purpose of his pleasure and have turned most of my living room into Olaf’s room. That’s Olaf’s spot. Olaf likes it that way. We can’t move the end table, that’s Olaf’s office/fleece-forest/hideout. Narf.

I also wear a headband with parsley stalks stuck in it in order to bait the creature into letting me trim his nails. It’s an attractive look.

• Bam
                    16957 posts Send Private Message

Pinknwuffy, my living room has been renamed bunny town, because that’s basically what it is. Two big cardboard boxes, one wooden toy house, two IKEA beds, one bunny bunk bed, one rabbit litterbox, two tunnels. Plus hay, hay and more hay.

He has the run of the hall and bedroom too, there are more boxes and beds and hay.

• Azerane
                      4689 posts Send Private Message

Jersey, paw pads on rabbits gets me every single time. Just stop already! lol

Anybody who isn’t a rabbit person that sees my house is probably a little concerned about me, because the buns literally have half the living room. If it’s their own bedroom it’s not so bad because it’s not glaringly obvious that they take up half the main living area. But there they are, just munching away on hay Honestly, I’ve no idea what I’d put in that space if it didn’t have bunnies in it.

Sometimes I browse houses for rent/sale online just for fun. The selection usually goes something along the lines of “but where would I put the bunnies?” haha. If there’s room for the pets, then I can think about the other things that are important. If there’s no room for the pets, there’s no point in looking.

Almost anything I say about my rabbits to non-rabbit people I feel often gets me funny looks. Even things like “I bought that dog bed too, for my rabbits…”

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Mad March Hare-brained rabbit folk and their rabbits