Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Limping, but better

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Quantum
      Participant
      286 posts Send Private Message

Quantum worried us both yesterday–she was “puddling” quite happily while I petted her and then Mike went to put on a knee brace.  The sound of the velcro ripping apart sent her shooting forward about 3 feet (which was kind of odd because the noise hadn’t bothered her before).  I noticed that she wasn’t putting much, if any weight, on her left front foot.  She was also not at all excited to let either of us have a closer look at it.    So, we let her be and I kept an eye on her.  She didn’t appear to be in any distress, would lay down stretched out and relaxed, not in a tight bunny loaf.  By yesterday evening when I petted her, she let me stroke a finger down the foot on top and both sides–no wincing or jerking away.  And she was eating, drinking and using her litter box in the living room just fine.  Not to mention shamelessly sitting up and begging for treats (totally normal)! 

This morning?  Still a bit of a limp, but nothing like yesterday.  I’m still trying to figure out what she did.  Pulled muscle?  Caught a toe nail at a bad angle?  I just wish I could stop fretting, but soooo relieved that it doesn’t appear to be anything serious.  On the good side, while looking up local vets (just in case), I found out our nearest animal hospital has a vet that’s a member of the American House Rabbit Society–whoo-hoooooo!  I’ll be calling her soon so we can get Quantum a check-up.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad Quantum is okay. Good thing too that you have a local vet who has experience too.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

oh bunnies. sometimes they startle very easily. i startled one of my buns yesterday as i was walking out to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. someone flipped out and darted across the pen. not sure who…

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

I was waiting outside the bathroom door to scare Dave when he came out…and Kahlua must have seen me suddenly becuase I heard her startle, then she fell off the maze into the litterbox, JUMPED up and into the maze where she proceeded to stomp (because it was *my* fault….) for thirty minutes or so She’s not the brightest rabbit I’ve ever come across!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Limping, but better