Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Jetson ran away

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • Briana C.
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

Jetson is an outdoor bunny, I forgot to lock his cage last night and this morning it is empty, Greyson is still in his cage but Jetson is nowhere to be found. i have bennn crying a lot, but actually i think he has a pretty good chance in the wild. being 15 pounds, not too many predators have a chance with him, I have seen foxes around here, but somehow I dont think they could catch him. i opened his door to his cage and put a lot of food out, but racoons could get it so id have no way of knowing. i cant believe i forgot to lock it i feel so stupid. I dont know what to do without my baby. I was just about to build a bunny mansion for them, i still will, i wont deny greyson his present just because jetson is gone. but maybe when my dad gets home we can set uppp rabbit traps, jetson loves bananas. any advice? I looked all in my yard, but we havwe 12 acres so its impossible to look everywhere. Hopefully he will comeback. We have a garden full of greens that rabbits love mabye he will find them, i just cant brlive it im so scared this is his first winter it doesnt get really cold till january, but still it can get cold. It may sond bad, but i am so glad that it was Jetson that got out and not greyson, greyson is so much smaller and more vulnerable. I just dont know if he will return, we didnt have the ideal relationship. plese pray for him to come home and that he will be safe.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! I hope you can still find him. Don’t give up!

Try going out at dusk and dawn and see if you can spot him. Even if he’s 15 pounds he will still be vulnerable to any predator and to the elements.

• Monkeybun
          Participant
          10479 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! Hope he comes home! Hopefully he’s just exploring today, and will go home when he wants his dinner.

*crosses her fingers and monkey’s ears*

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

My friend was in a similar situation. She rented a live trap and filled it with lots of yummy things and caught her bunny in a few days.

Don’t give up! Do everything you can to find him. I hope you’re reunited with your bunny soon.

• jerseygirl
              22345 posts Send Private Message

Oh this is sad! Please update on whether you’ve found him or not. Sometimes they don’t stray too far from where they feel secure. On you property, look for places that would be naturally attractive for a rabbit. My rabbit when very young disappeared under a shed that had almost like a burrow under it. She must have squeezed into a tiny gap. Hope you have good news soon. {{{JETSON}}}

• feeona
                Participant
                96 posts Send Private Message

prayers

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Briana, I think you can get him back. Being a large rabbit you will have a better chance of spotting him, too. definitely try the banana lure.

• RabbitPam
                    11002 posts Send Private Message

Maybe set a series of banana slices at intervals, leading him back.

{{{{{{{{Stay safe and come home soon, Jetson}}}}}}}}}

• i~luv~frappichino&sammy
                      Participant
                      192 posts Send Private Message

im sorry for what happened but dont lose any hope and start setting thoses banana traps up and set them everywhere!!!

• Briana C.
                        Participant

thanks for your support, still no signs of him, but i havent gave up hope, i really hould swwt up some rabbit traps (safe ones) but things have been crazy with everyone coming in for thanksgiving. greyson seems rather tense and a lot less affectionate than usual, i guess he misses his big little brother. thanksgiving was hard without him but i am thankful that all my other pets and family were here safe, im worried about jetson though, i assume he will find something to eat but what? and i thought he’d have got into our gared and eat up our collards and other veggies, but no signs of him , tommorrow i will try to wake up early and search for him, even dropping could bee a sign of hope, just today i noticed little scratch marks on the ground where he tried to dig on the ground after he got out. i am so worried, I just caught a baby snake the other day, it was only a brown snake, but what if he ran into a venemous one? I just hate not even knowing if he is even still in our yard. My dad said when he was a kid he hunted rabbits and they always ended up going in a big circle, dogs would chase them in the distance and then end up where they started, i sure hope that is the case… your thoughts and prayers are appriciated I wont loose hope

• RabbitPam
                          11002 posts Send Private Message

How are things? Any sign of Jetson today?

• MooBunnay
                            Participant
                            3087 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about Jetson. I’m still praying that he will be home soon.

• jerseygirl
                              22345 posts Send Private Message

Any news Briana?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

Put up posters-someone might have brought him inside.

Also the live trap is a great idea-you can rent or buy them. Caught me a cat (the cat I was trying for) in less then an hour.

Expand your search area-he may have gotten chased by a cat or something and gone further then you’d think he’d be.

Please keep us posted!

• Briana C.
                                  Participant

i havent gave up, but no signs of him, i love him so much, its getting really cold here i can only hope he found his way into the arms of a kind caring person

• mocha200
                                    Participant
                                    4486 posts Send Private Message

i hope so to. i will pray for him and you. don’t give up

• Carrot Lane Bunny
                                      Participant
                                      186 posts Send Private Message

any updates

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Jetson ran away