Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Introducing Trinket! Also: new to the Forum

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • TrinkyDink
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello all!

My name is April, today is the 1 month anniversary of owning my first ever bunny, whom I named Trinket (female). Her birthday was June 17th. My husband and I have collectively agreed we would not be having kids, but he said yes to the bun – so here’s our baby! <<

Trinket does zoomies, but doesn’t binky very often. She is freeroam in about 3/4s of our house (she restricts herself from the kitchen/bath because of slick floors). I’ve read that binkies can be less common in bunnies that can exhaust themselves at any point, this seems to be true with her. Still, one day I hope to find a treat or a toy that will make her go NUTS!

I used BinkyBunny forums to help me prepare for her arrival a lot, and every little question I’ve had has been more or less answered here. I thought I’d be a passive observer on the site, but as it turns out I have so much bunny love that my in-person world is probably sick to death of listening to me, so I’d like to be involved in the forums once in a while to help me uncork all my gushing. 

I’ve also never really participated in forums so I’m still sort of new to the format of it all. I’m following logic for etiquette, however.

• Wick & Fable
        5812 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB TrinkyDink! My goodness, my heart and eyes were not ready for the amount of adorable fluffiness captured in the photo. Oh so cute! You’ll most likely find that owning a rabbit is quite similar to having a child — paranoia about health, constant monitoring, sometimes you bicker… haha.

I am glad BB forums helped prepare you, and you’ve decided to join and participate in the forum! In terms of forum etiquette and culture, there are posts you can read here: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aff/10/Default.aspx . I will highlight that an important item to keep in mind with forum participation is that readers are only seeing the text you type. So things you’re thinking that aren’t in the message, tones you want to convey, etc., can lead to things being misconstrued. As a general example, very short statements can come off as harsh while elaborating a little goes a long way.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and contribute!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bladesmith
          Participant
          849 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to all three of you!

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Trinket is beautiful!!! Love the name too. Big Welcome!

• Q8bunny
              Participant
              6345 posts Send Private Message

A fellow airvent flopper! My Chewbacca loves that too. Welcome to you and to your adorable caramel floof.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Introducing Trinket! Also: new to the Forum