Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Introducing myself and the bunnies

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnybuns
      Participant
      92 posts Send Private Message

Hello, my name is Nina and i’m happy to join this community! I have a bunny named Mile and around the beggining of August i will get another bunny named Bella (i already planned out everything so excited). Soo, Mile is a 1 year old male, he’s a mix between lion head and dwarf. His coat is black, his tummy is white, he has a slightly gray-ish “beard” (since he’s a lion head), and has ginger little hairs there and that. He loves his purple tunnel, favorite fruit is banana or apple (he hates citrusy fruits), favorite vegetable, he loves carrot tops and parsley (doesn’t enjoy spinach and arugula that much). He had GI statis and it was really hard in a way, of caring and going everyday to the vet, but i think that just brought us closer together. An inexperienced veterinarian checked his teeth and was like, his teeth are okay, he clearly thought he has some parasites in his intestines and not enough good bacteria in his gut so, everyday we came and he would get his shot. And in the end it turned out, Mile didn’t need the shots cause the problem was in his TEETH. The owner of the veterinary station was a older man and he checked his teeth and Mile had to go on a operation. His tongue was kinda cut, because his back teeth were sharp cause he didn’t eat much hay. He got that done and we neutered him. He stayed at the veterinarian station for a day and we picked him up tommorow morning. I started giving him some shredded carrots and lettuce cause he couldn’t eat pellets and hay, he ate like a few strands of hay and that’s it. He improved for a week, eating much more hay and even started with some pellets. I was so happy that he made it, i know one day i cried for 15 minutes thinking about i don’t want him to die, he’s my precious baby, he can’t! When i didn’t know the problem was in his teeth, i used to masage his belly everyday for 30 minute sessions about 3 times a day, cause he was gassy. And that’s the whole story, i usually get so detailed with stories i’m sorry haha

• Bam
        16957 posts Send Private Message

Very welcome to the BB forums!

I’m sorry you had to go through this ordeal, so glad the vet found out what was wrong and took care of it. I too had a bunny with dental problems and it took 3 weeks before my vet understood what was going on, she kept saying his teeth were fine. But they weren’t.

We love detailed bunny stories here =)

• Wick & Fable
          5812 posts Send Private Message

It would be good to note what your rabbit’s behavior was like going into having teeth problems. Rabbits sometimes show the same behavior ticks when teeth begin to bother them. Wick will have a “shorter fuse”, so he’ll get ticked more easily, leading to more “sassy” pees, where after being rejected treats or grooming, he purposely pees outside his litter box or on the sofa/bed to make me mad. He’ll also get bouts of small poop.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Luna
            Participant
            2219 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I’m so glad your little Mile pulled through everything .

• bunnybuns
              Participant

Hi and thank you! Yeah, although the veterinarian that checked his teeth was a young man, (about 25 years old??) he probably started working not too long ago when we brought Mile in for his problem. I do understand that he didn’t have the experience of a professional animal doctor. I’m just happy everything turned out just fine.

• bunnybuns
                Participant

Mile just sat in the corner of his cage, he did not want to move… Just sat there all day. One night i went to bed as usually, and in the middle of the night I just woke up to get a glass of water and when I came back I saw him in his litter box laying and I could hear his stomach sort of “growl”. No poops, no pee. I was extremely worried and stayed up all night to keep an eye on him. I got about 5 hours of sleep that night. I didn’t stay up all night, i got 20 minutes of sleep in between when my eyes were practically closing by itself. He had some really small poops in the morning, about 2. I allowed Mile to be on my bed when he was sick, and he peed multiple times, but that’s what makes me think myself. The whole day would pass and no pee, but when i let him hop on my bed he suddenly pees, every time! So i let him go onto my bed, cause he needed to pee and i guess that was the only way he will get it out if his body. Did he just want to mark his territory or what? Do you or anyone else know why would he do that?

• bunnybuns
                  Participant

Hi Luna! I was so glad too I mentioned it way too many times

• LittlePuffyTail
                    18092 posts Send Private Message

Big Welcome to BB!

Those teeth can really cause problems. My little senior lop has to have his molars trimmed every 5 months or so. Always stresses me out a bit to have him go under for the procedure.

But the joy they bring us is definitely worth the stress they can sometimes cause.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Introducing myself and the bunnies