Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I love having a bunny because…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • professorzap
      Participant
      72 posts Send Private Message

Just thought today how glad I am to always have a bunny in my life!  So that I decided to start a thread where people can voice their opinion about what ways bunnies bring special joy into their lives.  [I love having other pets–my kitty and doggy–but bunnies have their unique place in my heart!]

One of the BIG things I’ve noticed is that it is somehow very special to have such a fragile little being trust me.  Even my previous less friendly bunnies would show me that they trusted me by allowing me to pick them up (but only when absolutely necessary ).  Even the less friendly buns accepting me as their more clumsy, large caregiver made me feel all warm inside.  When the less friendly buns would occasionally let me pet them or even purr….OMG!  With the friendlier bunnies, when they would sit for long periods of time wanting to be rubbed and purr  

Another thing I just LOVE is their cute little binkies and that, out of the blue, they sometimes just take off running!  On the rare occasions where they walk instead of hop….TOO CUTE!

So what about you guys?  You love those things too?  Other things you love?

• Taloan7
        Participant
        138 posts Send Private Message

I love nurturing things. Growing plants, creating a homey home, feeding people, etc. Bunnies are so communicative with their body language that I just get a huge sense of satisfaction when I look at my bunny and see how content she is. When she is sprawled out on the floor I’m like “yeah, I did that.” haha

• professorzap
          Participant

• professorzap
            Participant

Taloan7 said, “Bunnies are so communicative with their body language that I just get a huge sense of satisfaction when I look at my bunny and see how content she is. When she is sprawled out on the floor I’m like “yeah, I did that.” haha”

Totally agree! I know I feel so happy when I see my new little bunny with his feet stretched out behind him as if to say, “ah, I’m so comfortable and feel so secure that I can be totally chill.” And when he lays at my feet all relaxed, I feel appreciated for giving him a new home that he truly finds contentment in–even if he does still want to get into the off-limits rooms in the house!

• Azerane
              4689 posts Send Private Message

I love bunnies because they have such smooshy little faces

• Gordo and Janice
                Participant
                703 posts Send Private Message

…while you are on the floor with them petting them (so soft) and they are splayed out flat and looking at you with those half closed eyes and taking the occasional deep breath with long sighs of contentment as they gradually fall asleep, for that little moment in time, life is so sweet.

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Oh there are just so many reasons! As you mentioned already, there is just something so special about gaining their trust. It is a very unique relationship that I personally believe to be more satisfying than other animals, like cats and dogs. I also really enjoy their varying personalities and ability to express themselves. If you do something that Ophelia doesn’t want, you can bet that you’ll be met with lots of rabbittude!

This reminds me of a quote from the new movie, Peter Rabbit. I honestly cried like a baby when Bea said to McGregor: “rabbits are generous, honest, pure and graceful creatures”.

• professorzap
                    Participant

Wow, you guys are so right…Bunnies are soooooo awesome!

• professorzap
                      Participant

I also think rabbits are largely very “Zen,” in that they seem to live for the moment. Wish I could be so present instead of worrying about things!

• sarahthegemini
                        Participant
                        5584 posts Send Private Message

I love that my bunnies trust me and feel comfortable around me. It’s so heartwarming to see them flop right by me, or come running to me for pets. It’s so satisfying having such naturally fearful animals feeling so…happy and content. It makes me feel good

Of course their squishy adorable faces are so loveable.

I love it when they are really mischievous too. When they’re doing something they shouldn’t and they know they shouldn’t be doing it. It makes me happy because it shows that they aren’t afraid.

I love how complex they are and how they communicate with one another too. It’s so interesting and hilarious to see, especially when you see that they have no sense of boundaries with each other lol.

I just love them for so many reasons

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                          Participant
                          2512 posts Send Private Message

Yes, their trust is a wonderful compliment ^_^ I’m a calm person and I’ve always connected surprisingly quickly with anxious cats. Until I met Breintje I’d never expected that it would take so much work to get a bunny to fully trust you. It takes such a long time, but when he flopped at my feet last week I could only look in awe!
                            I also love having a bunny because they have such massive personalities and funny quirks, and they are good at making mischief. Cleverness and a bit of spirit is important in a pet to keep things fun. The best part is that bunnies can be all these things in one day: from lazy to hyper, and from delightful destruction to amazing affection ^_^

• professorzap
                            Participant

Awwwww 

Participant

Squee! So much love and trust ^_^

• professorzap
                                Participant

I love that bunnies can be mischievous too…That’s why I have the post up about my rascally rabbit doing everything he can to thwart my barriers into the cat’s room

Participant

Haha, talk about mischief ^_^ Breintje loves to push the limits.

I grow herbs on the window sill, and Breintje can get up there after a little climb from the back of one of the couches. I was behind my computer and saw him sitting on the back of the couch spying on me. His face was near my parsley plant and he was looking to see if I was watching. You could just see his brain thinking up his plans.

*Look at me being ever so sneaky, I iz so clever!*
                                    “Breintje, I can see you!”
                                    *Turns head aside nonchalantly and sits there looking like a perfectly innocent angel*
                                    “Breintje, I know what’s going on in that little brain of yours!”
                                    *Ah, bugger it! Come what may… {{Chomp}} Big bite out of the parsley plant, zooming away with a mouth full of greens, binkying like mad…*

I couldn’t even be mad at him, too busy laughing

• Daisy
                                    Participant
                                    199 posts Send Private Message

I like having a bunny because when I come home or out of my bedroom into the living room where their pen is I always have two bunny faces at the pen going OHAI YOU! with Muffin her ears pointed all the way up (I always go “stop doing that Muffin you’re a lop!”) and Monster, well, if he could he would have his ears up too. :’)

They’re also fun to watch and they make great topics for conversation (“hey you have a hole in your bag” -“yes I know a Monster robbed me from my grapes”).

• CrymsonRed
                                      Participant
                                      16 posts Send Private Message

Having had buns for as long as I have…(first bun when I was 18) I actually forget that they are supposed to be these fearful creatures. lol

But their mannerisms are just so adorable and I’ve always loved the way they cleaned their little faces and their little lop ears. <3

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I love having a bunny because…