Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I hope this will help someone

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sr. Melangell
      Participant
      1708 posts Send Private Message

I have been away, so my friend could look after me, I’ve not been too well.

Over Christmas my friend was ill too, Christmas eve my friend fell asleep at the computer, so I woke him up, but he fainted and went very pale and started shaking, he was mumbling something too, I was trying to keep him on the chair, he is a very tall man and weighs 15 stone because he is tall, when he came round he stood up, mumbled something and I had to grab him before he fell, he fainted again and started shaking, so I waited until the shaking stopped, then got the phone and called an Ambulance, I said. “I think my friend has had a stroke because he’s collapsed and started shaking and not talking properly.” The lady told me help was on the way and told me what to do, I kept repeating everything to her and told her what I was doing, she asked me if I knew artificial respiration just in case, I told her I did and that I used to be a nurse but I said I was now almost blind, within less than 3 minutes the Ambulance came.

They examined my friend and said it was some sort of faint and he was coming round, LOL the shock hit me and I bent down and said. “Hun, these people have come to help, I didn’t know what to do sweetheart.” Then broke wind, the man said that they were trying to bring him round not knock him out.”

My friend is fine he had lots of tests, I did tell the Ambulanceman I was unsure what to do and he said. “You did the right thing.” I said that I’ve helped with accidents, delivered a few babies but because I thought he had a stroke I knew to be very careful, the ambulanceman said not to worry and I did the right thing.

What I’m saying is especially if any little ones read this, ‘when in doubt call them out’ call an ambulance if you are not sure what to do, no one will be angry, just do what you can do to keep the person comfortable and talk to them until help arrives.

• LittlePuffyTail
        18092 posts Send Private Message

Scary. Glad your friend is okay.

• Bam
          16957 posts Send Private Message

CA, how genuinely scary! So glad you called the ambulance and they got there so fast! I hope your friend will stay well, it sounds very reassuring that they’re doing lots of tests.

I hope you and Olly have had an otherwise merry Christmas.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I hope this will help someone