Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING I dont’ think this is going to work

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

I saw Cotton herding Ruby away from Honey Bunny when I last had HB out here. Could possibly be Cotton is too jealous to have HB in with them,.    I am afraid they may fight.  I can keep trying but keep an eye out for that once they allow HB into their area. 

I like HB.  HE sure is neat with that big face he has.  He likes attention.  I would love to have all 3 in the living room.  Ohh frustration. 

It is best that I work with them while hubby is napping or something.  He can’t help but get  involved and upset when one nips at the other. He doesn’t want them fighting and hurting each other.  Awe. Sweet.  But he shouts and swings his hand over them to get their attention.  I think that is just scaring them and they dont’ stop anyway.  Perhaps making them more aggressive when nipping or chasing. 

I find a calm firm noooo and placing them side by side works well.  Giving treats too.   

• bunnytowne
        Participant

Well knock me down.   Cotton jumped onto HB’s head in the litterbox and started grooming him.  I am flabergasted.   When Cotton got done I gave him a treat.

I had to chase Ruby off she was fighting Cotton between the bars there. HB’s playing in his paper and Cotton is over there too.  Now Cotton is exploring the area.  I have a bowl of food out there for them.

Cotton just wants to get back in his play area.  Oh now he is chinning everything.  You know I have never seem HB mark or chin since he has been here.   He has groomed me some. 

Hmm this is going good.   Soon I will try HB and Cotton in the living room with Ruby in her house.  I suppose I will let Cotton back into his area now.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

can you keep Ruby completely separate until her spay? maybe if you focused JUST on Cotton and HB you would have a more favorable result. maybe you could get them bonded and living together 24/7 and then slowly reintroduce Ruby later?

• bunnytowne
            Participant

thats a thought.

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

it seems to me, if i’m understanding you right, that the problems come in when *Ruby* is involved. it’s worth a try, right BT? who knows, it’s might work out well… ;o)

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING I dont’ think this is going to work