Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A house pest control

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • somebunny
      Participant
      168 posts Send Private Message

hello

its a bit late for me to ask this question, but we just had our house pest controlled.

the company that did the pest control says that it is safe for pregnant women, pets and plants.

bunny has been home all day and seems fine, though i haven’t let her out yet. there is no smell of chemicals in our house at all.

just wondered if anyone else has had pest control in their house and if it was ok for their bunnies?

should have checked here first but the bugs were really getting to me.

(i’m not even sure if we had it done inside the house as my mum was overlooking the pest control thing while i was at work, i told her to tell them not do inside the house if they were not sure it would be ok for bunny. haven’t had a chance to find out what they decided on and i can’t tell if inside has been treated or not due to no smell).

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

The complex here has a bugman come once a month.  He said to keep bun in cage for an hour.  I assume it is so the spray can dry and they won’t get wet spray on their fur and lick it off.  My buns have always been fine with this spray it is odorless too.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

We had a pest man come to our house as well and it was OK for the bunnies. The only thing I would recommend is ask if they put anything on the baseboards – I told my bug man that the bunnies would sometimes chew the base boards, so he said that he should not put a certain chemical on the baseboards that they usually put on there because then the bunnies would ingest it if they chewed the baseboards. So ask your bug man not to put any chemicals on the baseboards.

• wendyzski
            Participant
            1312 posts Send Private Message

When my condo board informed me that they would be sending an exterminator in I told them that they could not enter my unit until I had a chance to speak with the company!  My condo board president was really snotty about it, and the first guy I spoke with was an ass, but eventually I got a manager who was willing to answer my questions.  We talked about the kinds of products they would use, and I told him a little bit about rabbits (specifially how they will lick things).  We settled that they would use no liquid products and that any gel bait would be either under appliances, inside cabinets, or more than 30″ above the floor. 

I woud imagine that any reputable company would want to work with you to limit any liability to them if they poisoned someone’s pet!  It might take you a few tries to get a manager rather than Joe Schmo “Oh yeah, dat’ll be fine!”, but it was worth it for my peace of mind.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

I’m no help-I live so far north bugs are only a problem when camping in the summer But sounds like your good

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

The first time an exterminater came to my apartment, he refused to spray it because of my bun. Eventhough they say to keep pets out for an hour, rabbits have a more sensitive respiratory system and should be gone for 24 hours. I was amazed at how well they knew their stuff and were willing to lose money to protect my bun. Now, they use ‘organic’ gels that they are safe for any creatures over a pound in weight but to be certain, they bait only in spaces that the buns can’t get to (such as on top and in cupboards)

• Erbear
                  Participant
                  155 posts Send Private Message

As long as your pets aren’t chewing on the treated baseboards and carpets then it’ll be cool. We usually say that everyone/thing should stay out for 4 hours but we’re really overprotective of our clients. What were they treating for? I’ll have a better idea of what they did if I know what it was for… (email is okay if you don’t want to answer on here)

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A house pest control