Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hmmm conflicting signals

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

I have started holding Cotton for a litle bit at nite there b4 bed.         He does his big tooth purrs yet he also is bobbing his head around in between looking to get down.  So I dont hold him for very long.

Seems like mixed signals I am getting from him.  HE gives tooth purrs then looks to escape hehee.

After I let him go off he will sit somewhere and I go pet him there.  HE gives big ol tooth purrs then.   There are times when I am petting him that he seems to have fallen into a deep relaxation.  His eyes almost close. His eyes kind of roll back a little bit. When I stop petting he will stay in that position for quite some time.  Then he seems to come to and notice I have stopped petting him and stick his head out for more.

Gosh I just love that rabbit.  He sure is a trip.

• BUNNYFOOFOO823
        Participant
        104 posts Send Private Message

Bunnytowne that is too cute! He sounds like such a sweet little guy! How do yoU get those bows to stay on? I have wondered if I should try and put some on Tigerlilys mane

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

Those bows are actually barrettes.   Shhhh dont’ tell….

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies are also big on the mixed signals. Sometimes they want to snuggle and get pets, and sometimes they run away and flick me off with their feets as soon as I get near them! I think it has a lot to do with the rabbit-tude that they will do whatever they want, whenever they want

• skunklionshow
              Participant
              1257 posts Send Private Message

I officially call it “hug therapy”.  I have a cat that was extremely standoffish and hated to be held.  DH started a hug therapy program w/ her forcing her to accept his hugs.  She now actually accepts his hugs & snuggles.  I like to think I follow a similar program w/ my rabbits b/c they hate hugs.  Bunnies are too cute & I can’t resist them, I just want to snuggle them up….so I utilize “hug therapy” so I can get my snuggle on.  Leo usually starts scratching when he’s ready to leave me.  Jessica will just leap out of my arms or lap….NO FEAR.

I too wondered about the bows….too cute!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hmmm conflicting signals