Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Helping a bun cope + getting him friendlier?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Biscuit@Smores
      Participant
      28 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been posting about Smore’s situation for a while. He had flystrike and he seemed to be improving. He seemed fine and I was watching him so diligently but sadly he crossed the rainbow bridge.

He and his brother, Biscuit, were outdoor bunnies, I was going to make them indoors after Smores healed and got the supplies. I was keeping biscuits outside and Smores inside to let smores heal and also the hutch I had was too small for 2 rabbits.  Biscuit was confused about where his brother was so I would bring him out in a carrier (mesh) to help him see but, biscuit never approached the carrier. I put a towel that smelled like smores in the nighttime cage and a biscuit sits next to it.

It’s been 2 days since Smores died. We brought him out and Biscuit caught a glimpse of the body. I was too stressed and emotional to remember to let him see the body fully.

I’ve been spending time with Biscuit and making sure he’s acting right. Out of the two he was the less friendlier and also the dominant bun. He likes pets but Smores would be the one who would run up to you. Biscuit recently hasn’t been letting me pet him but will let me sit next to him sometimes but, some times if I get close he leaves. I try to respect his boundaries so If he leaves I don’t chase him.

I was planning on bringing him indoors but since he’s healthy my folk say not to, even for the night since he’s been outdoors all his life(7 yrs). I know many say to get a new bun but I don’t think my folk would let me and I don’t think I can emotionally deal with ‘replacing’ my Smores.

Any advise would be great.

• DanaNM
        9047 posts Send Private Message

I think in your situation continuing to spend as much time as possible with him is the best you can do. Keep a close eye on his eating to make sure he doesn’t go into stasis from depression. Bringing him in would be ideal, so he could spend more time with you but as you mentioned that’s not an option right now.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Helping a bun cope + getting him friendlier?