Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A help! spending time issues!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Grace
      Participant
      25 posts Send Private Message

Hey, its Grace again!! I haven’t been on in such a while…

Well, I feel like I haven’t been spending much time with my rabbits. I really love them! Today I hung out with them and they were so sweet, they were cuddling with me and climbing up to me I realized that I haven’t been spending any time with them. I go to Tae Kwon Do, after school programs and acting school! I need to spend more time with them! Anybody have any games that I can play with them or tips on getting closer with them?

Thanks!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

You should spend your studying time with them! When you have to read or work on something, sit on the ground to do it, -may distract you a bit but then you can spend time with them and they’ll visit you while you sit on the ground

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Kokaneeandkahlua’s has a great idea. Rabbits like to just hang out with you too. So grab some pillows and hang on the floor with them while you study. And if they eat your homework… you can actually say “My rabbit ate my homework” and have it be true. LOL!

And if you want to talk to them…you can read out loud. May help you with your studies too!

• sweetbluebun
            Participant
            102 posts Send Private Message

I try to get some quality time right at the start of the day. I’ll come down, feed them and spend some time just hanging out and relaxing a bit before I have to head off to work. It’s fun and makes the day go better!

• hooty22
              Participant
              606 posts Send Private Message

Oh studying with the bun is the best. I don’t study nearly as much as I did my first two years of law schools, but when I did, I would spend a couple hours a night sitting on the floor reading with my buns. My classmates always thought it was entertaining to see all the scalloped edges on my books and notes from little Felony nibbles….

Now that I don’t have nearly as much school work, we hang out watching tv and when I read or crochet. He doesn’t like to watch football with me though. Lots of times he sits in his cage and thumps at me because I’m yelling profanities at my Steelers….

• Steve Parker
                Participant
                76 posts Send Private Message

I have to agree. I often sit on the floor when watching TV or listening to music. I read the newspaper on the floor and this time of year, wrap Christmas packages on the floor. Buddy will cuddle up with me when I do any of these things. He loves to chase the ribbon spools when I tie bows on packages. He does have a habit of trying to sit in the middle of the wrapping paper, though. Makes gift wrapping kind of tough, but lots of fun.

• skunklionshow
                  Participant
                  1257 posts Send Private Message

I’m thinking about a cat study that said something to the effect of……cats spend more time w/ their owners than dogs do!  B/c cats spend so much time lounging about & sleeping, people often think that they don’t spend time w/ their owners.  It’s more that cats view socialization as being around their people…that’s counted as social interaction.

At this point my 2 rabbits seem to prefer to spend time w/ me while cuddled up together in their cage.  I have the door open for hours, Jessi comes out for a few hip hops ever few hours.  When I sit on the floor or watch tv down there…they definately don’t leave their cage (I think they despise my forced love pets).  Maybe I wrong w/ rabbits, but I feel like they just enjoy being around us, whether we’re watching a movie (they enjoy all DH’s craptacular Netflix pix) or eating dinner.  I can’t help but wonder if they see socialization similar to cats??????

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A help! spending time issues!