Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR HELP! Bunny still pooping everywhere in his cage 2 weeks after being neutered?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • mschoonover11
      Participant
      288 posts Send Private Message

Hi. 

2 weeks ago Toby was neutered and he has made a gr8 recovery. The vet, and other people have told me that a rabbit would have better litter habits after being fixed. Well, he’s not Before he was neutered, he was pooping these territorial poops that smelled like body odor/onions and there would be like 50 of them spread out everywhere in his playpen. Now after being fixed, he’s doing it again! It’s really smelly, messy, and it’s also getting really annoying to have to scoop of a ton of poos daily and then throw them into his litter box. What should I do for him to have better litter habits with his poop? He pees in his litter box which is good, but he just doesn’t poop in there. 

And smell wise, it’s gross. I think it could be his scent glands, so I’m going to have to clean them to see if that’s the problem with the smell. 

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

He’s still hormonally spiking, so it can really take at least a good month or two for that to all die down. My boys were back to good after a month and a half.

• sarahthegemini
          Participant
          5584 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes they go through a hormonal surge so his habits and hormonal behaviours will be worse for a while – a month or so – and then they’ll improve. You should still keep picking up the poops and put them in the litter tray so he gets the message. Some bunnies immediately just ‘get it’ whereas others need to be taught. Having said that, if they’re stinky poops then it’s likely him marking due to his hormones so once they’ve settled, things should clear up,

• mschoonover11
            Participant
            288 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the replies!

I really hope he gets the message of pooping in his litter tray after a month or two lol

• Sirius&Luna
              Participant
              2320 posts Send Private Message

You also still need to train them – they won’t automatically understand just because they’ve been neutered, so you might need to spend some time picking him up and putting him in the litter tray.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR HELP! Bunny still pooping everywhere in his cage 2 weeks after being neutered?