Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Guess Who’s Staying!!!

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
    • MountainBuns
      Participant
      513 posts Send Private Message

Ok so as some of you already know, Caroline was on the way to being rehomed, But with the help of air purifiers and baby gates she wont be leaving anytime soon!

Im happy she’s staying and I hope you all are too!

• Gordo and Janice
        Participant
        703 posts Send Private Message

Very happy! That is such wonderful news. Happy for everyone involved! It’s so nice to hear great news for a change.

• ThorBunny
          Participant
          824 posts Send Private Message

Woohooo! Very happy news

• Harley&Thumper
            Participant
            444 posts Send Private Message

Excellent news

• BB8
              Participant
              101 posts Send Private Message

That’s fantastic! congrats!

• OnyxMoon
                Participant
                260 posts Send Private Message

Yay!! Congratulations, Caroline is here to stay!

• Bam
                  16957 posts Send Private Message

Oh, so happy to hear this! Congratulation to both you and Caroline!!!

• Bladesmith
                    Participant
                    849 posts Send Private Message

W00T!!

• MountainBuns
                      Participant

Thanks for all the support!

When I thought about it, I feel bad for her, She hasn’t been getting a lot of attention. When she binkied(inventing new words here,lol) toward me every morning I would ignore her but no more! She stays in a confined area with a baby gate in my room, every morning I say hello to her and she gets pellets and if the water is dirty she gets a refill. I let her out till Im done my shower then she comes back into her area while Im at school, When I come back, I let her out again and sometimes she gets to roam the halls when my parents are not home lol. I put a plate of grass in the middle because I heard its the equivalent of hay and she likes it way more, She eats hay with it as well though. The grass has no chemicals and is freshly grown and washed in my yard. Later she gets veggies too, she snacks on hay and grass throughout the day, sometimes she gets a little apple or banana. She’s gonna be VERY spoiled, just wait till I order her some new toys!

I also wanted to know if you guys had any toy suggestions and I wanted to switch her to a healthier brand of pellets as the ones her owner game me were alfalfa pellets, any suggestions?

• Gordo and Janice
                        Participant

@EatSleepBunny – “sometimes she gets to roam the halls when my parents are not home”……….naughty, naughty…lol. The things we do.

I’m glad she is getting more attention. We used Kaytee brand Timothy Complete and/or Kaytee brand Timothy Complete Plus pellets. I’m sure others will give you plenty of suggestions.

• Bam
                          16957 posts Send Private Message

A treat ball is often highly appreciated. You can give her part of her daily pellets in a treat ball. It’s good exercise and it lets her use her brain a bit.

My Bam loves apple twigs more than any toy. It’s enriching and a treat but not fattening. He gets apple twigs every day because I have pesticide-free trees. Willow toys is another option that’s both a snack and sth to destroy – bunnies like snacking and destroying…sorry, bunstructing, stuff =)

Fresh grass is great. It’s good for the tummy and teeth just like hay is, but a lot yummier.

• MountainBuns
                            Participant

Lol I know right, Thanks for suggestions

• MountainBuns
                              Participant

How about these, they look pretty high quality but has any tried them, lol I dont know anymore

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/mazuri-timothy-based-rabbit-food

• LittlePuffyTail
                                18092 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear that!

This is the first time I hear of that brand of pellets so no input there.

• MountainBuns
                                  Participant

Lol, my bunny eats her fresh grass like its fast food. I wanted to get treat balls before, I’ll look into it again. Where do you get your apple twigs, Bam?

When people ask about my bunny, this memory will always come to mid, One time I got money as a gift. I went and bought a ton of stuff for myself, then I also bought something for Caroline. It was a little willow ball. I brought it home and she nudged it with her nose. She didnt pay much attention at first until….the next day she nudged it again, then she bit through it. I praised her and told her she was a good girl, then she just WENT TO TOWN with that thing! It lasted like a minute. She destroyed it so fast and swiftly, it was then that I realized the power of those teeth, lol. I’ll probably buy some from the Binky Bunny store, along with some bells and stuff.

• LBJ10
                                    17014 posts Send Private Message

That’s wonderful ESB! For both you and Caroline!

• OnyxMoon
                                      Participant

I suggest Oxbow rabbit pellets, I’m not sure how old she is but they have young and adult pellets. They also have a great variety of hay, if you’re looking for hay. I’m about to make Onyx a treat ball as I’m typing this.

• MountainBuns
                                        Participant

Lol, Onyx, I have used oxbow treats and she loved them, I have orchard hay from a local farm but I’ll try out their pellets. Caroline is 4 years old, she will be 5 this year.

• joea64
                                          Participant
                                          1423 posts Send Private Message

Yay! Great news! I was wondering what was happening – I mentioned to the Friends of Rabbits people last Saturday when I went to get hay for Panda and Fernando that you might be contacting them, but it appears you were able to save the situation after all.  I give them Oxbow Essentials (the adult rabbit version) for breakfast every morning; I cut back their daily ration a bit as part of the diet they’re currently on, but that appears to have made them more eager to eat what they’re served because they clean the bowl out every day now where they used to leave leftovers behind.  You can get 5-pound or 10-pound bags at all the major pet stores. Also, you might want to see if Caroline likes Oxbow’s botanical hay (timothy mixed with various aromatic herbs); I bought a bag on sale at PSP last weekend, and my two appear to like it – I mix in a little with their regular timothy hay in the mornings and evenings – plus which it smells really good.

• Luna
                                            Participant
                                            2219 posts Send Private Message

Congrats! New setup, new routine, new food/toys – you definitely worked hard and I know Caroline appreciates it .

• MountainBuns
                                              Participant

Yup, Caroline has been pretty excited. Me and her just had a little “dispute”, I let her run around and she got into my parents room. My mom cannot STAND Caroline so I had to take her back before my mom got home, Caroline wasnt having it. I had to guide her with a broom (dont worry she wasnt hit), she kicked, growled, and tried to scratch EVERYTHING, I got scared because she tried to eat stuff under the bed. She’s giving the Bunny Silent Treatment right now, lol.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                Participant

Wow…close call! It’s sad your mom can’t stand her. Good work warden! Stay on top of them escapees! Might want to shut mom’s door next time. They are experts, and I do mean experts at going and getting to where they are not supposed to be. You’ve worked hard enough to get to where you are. Don’t want a catastrophic setback.

And nothing like bunnitude.

• MountainBuns
                                                  Participant

I shut it but she opened it lol,

• OnyxMoon
                                                    Participant

Sneaky bunny!! lol 

• joea64
                                                      Participant
                                                      1423 posts Send Private Message

Fernando has been assiduously chewing and digging at the sisal play rug in the buns’ enclosure, no doubt trying to dig his way out at the place where he’s made several successful jailbreaks in the past. He spends about fifteen minutes or so every evening doing this, and has already chewed up two corners of the rug thoroughly (good thing it’s natural plant fiber!) I’ve been monitoring to see if he tries to dig/chew through the carpet as well, but so far he hasn’t. I think of putting a tile at that place to deter him if he attempts any such shenanigans.

• MountainBuns
                                                        Participant

Lol the little mischievous guy

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Guess Who’s Staying!!!