Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE good vibes for ollie

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • graysonbun
      Participant
      123 posts Send Private Message

So Ollie hasn’t been eating what I would call normal good amounts of hay, I have an appointment at the vet booked for this Thursday, I don’t think it’s urgent as he is still eating and pooping, but I do want to get him checked out as I think he may need to have another molar file. He had one at the end of December 2017 – so I wouldn’t be surprised if his teeth are bothering him again and that is what is affecting his eating habits. In fact, I’m almost hoping that this is the issue, as he’s had it done before and it seems like a pretty routine procedure? 

If this is the problem I will still be obviously worried about him going under anesthesia, as he is a bit older now as well, but I know it is worth it! Any good vibes for Ollie would be so appreciated! If anyone is interested I will be happy to update on Thursday with the results from the vet. I hope you’re all doing well and have a lovely day!!

• Meg
        Participant
        560 posts Send Private Message

healthy recovery vibes for ((((Ollie)))). he’s lucky to have you taking such good care of him!

• Bam
          16957 posts Send Private Message

Many vibes for (((((Ollie)))))

We always worry, but you are right, rabbit dentals are a pretty routine procedure. Many elderbuns here get them.

• DanaNM
            9050 posts Send Private Message

Vibes for ((((Ollie))))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• graysonbun
              Participant

thank you Meg, Bam, and DanaNM!!

Luckily we were actually able to move his appointment to today, so in just a little while we will be taking the short drive to the vet – I am hoping it goes okay, and if we need to schedule a molar filing I hope we can make it as soon as possible for him!

I will keep updates posted! Thanks again for all the good vibes for Ollie

• graysonbun
                Participant

hi everyone! I’m here with an update for all of you! Ollie is doing much better. Our vet actually didn’t have any concerns with his molars after taking a look and everything else checked out okay as well, so guessing it was just a bit of gas or something of that sort that worked its way out of him naturally? I am happy that his eating habits seem to be improving and getting back to normal!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE good vibes for ollie