Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Finn the Mini Lop Bun

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I have made a few posts on here, and not introduced Finn yet.

Finn is a Mini Lop house bunny, his 6 months and he is Incisor’less. His actually been through quite a lot. He had to be neutered very early as he was incredibly hormonal, then he injured his leg, then he needed he teeth filing down, followed by them being removed the same day his sister passed away. He is very well known at the vet!

Whatever has been thrown at him at such a young age, he has come out fighting and unscathed. We are all so proud of him.

He is a cheeky, loveable bunny — in fact when his sister Patience was around and he had his teeth he was very shy, and never wanted to come out of his hutch. Now his had a completely new lease of life. very active, into everything, eats like a champ and loves to come out of his hutch. This is just proof to me that if people are willing to invest in their pets, they can make a full recovery and enjoy life. Having his teeth removed is probably one of the best decisions I have made as a pet owner. 

I have just set him up on Instagram finn.the.mini.lop.bun

Anyway – here he is.

• Harley&Thumper
        Participant
        444 posts Send Private Message

Adorable

• Luna
          Participant
          2219 posts Send Private Message

He’s adorable! Thanks for sharing pics of him .

• Wick & Fable
            5812 posts Send Private Message

Following you on Instagram! So cute. Something about the rabbit nose/mouth combination, teeth or not, is so lovable! Looking forward to having you and him being a part of the BB community!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Millie
              Participant
              42 posts Send Private Message

Hello Finn! Cute name! Love you so much…your story is so inspiring and outstanding. Bless you + your owner’s soul xoxo -L

• Deleted User
                Participant

Posted By Wick on 1/17/2018 4:37 PM

Following you on Instagram! So cute. Something about the rabbit nose/mouth combination, teeth or not, is so lovable! Looking forward to having you and him being a part of the BB community!

He has a very flat little face even more so then his sister, which is what makes him very cute, but is also why his teeth had to come out. No room 

Swings and round abouts lol. 

A lot of these flat faced buns are now being bred for their cuteness, but do be aware. Its in-perfect. Never the less, i love him anyway. 

Following you back!

• Deleted User
                  Participant

Oh he is just precious!!!! How fluffy!! What a champ for making it through all that <3

• DanaNM
                    9050 posts Send Private Message

What a cutie! And what a fighter!

Rabbits are such resilient creatures when we give them a chance!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Deleted User
                      Participant

Posted By DanaNM on 1/17/2018 5:42 PM

What a cutie! And what a fighter!

Rabbits are such resilient creatures when we give them a chance!

Exactly!

His sister passed away and she was healthy. The day she passed was the day after i got them back from boarding so I am not sure if it was anything that happened there. Finn was skin and bones so needed emergency vet, then his sister had what looked like a heart attack and died. So i was at the vets attending Finn, then had to rush home to bury Patience. That was a stressful day. But if any of then was more likely to die i would have thought it would have been Finn. So it dose go to show. Even the vets where amazed at how quickly he was eating after having his teeth removed – the minute he woke up 

…his never missed them since. Who needs teeth, in fact we have both come accustomed to it. No biting or chewing, my wires are very happy 

• tobyluv
                        Participant
                        3310 posts Send Private Message

Finn is precious!

• DanaNM
                          9050 posts Send Private Message

What an awful experience, stressful to say the least!

Moose ate right away after his molar extractions too! He went right for the dandelions.  

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• GarfyTheLop
                            Participant
                            171 posts Send Private Message

He is gorgeous! I’ll follow you on instagram

My little bun has had his teeth filed down too, and we were told he may possible need them removed but since his recent vet trip they’re looking ok! Glad to hear he is doing well without them  

So sorry to hear about the loss of your other bunny xxx

• Sirius&Luna
                              Participant
                              2320 posts Send Private Message

He is so gorgeous! Followed you (and then left a comment which I realised might seem weird if you didn’t know I had come from here )

• Deleted User
                                Participant

<style>
                                  </style>

Thank you for all of your kind comments. His going to be treated to a new friend and I am going to do some shopping at the manor pet housing. His going to get a new clear panel enclosure and a castle to play on when his free roaming. I swear within the first 6 months I have spent 3 thousand on him. But to be honest I know if he was in a hutch in the garden with someone that wasn’t experienced enough to check his teeth, he would have died. I check my buns and they go to the vet regularly and even I just caught it. He had super over growing roots! Rabbits are not cheap are they! 

I am starting to fancy my vet, i have been there so often LOL 

• LittlePuffyTail
                                  18092 posts Send Private Message

Finn is super adorable!!!!

He is very well known at the vet!

I have one of those!!! His name is Bindi and he’s a very squishy faced lop who is almost 11. No, they are not cheap! I hate how they are considered a cheap, starter pet by some people. Nope!!

• Deleted User
                                    Participant

Posted By LittlePuffyTail on 1/18/2018 9:44 AM

Finn is super adorable!!!!

He is very well known at the vet!

I have one of those!!! His name is Bindi and he’s a very squishy faced lop who is almost 11. No, they are not cheap! I hate how they are considered a cheap, starter pet by some people. Nope!!

I know. I would never get a child a rabbit. They are definitely NOT children’s pets. Don’t get me wrong, there are many that never need the vets and are super hardy. I had a bunny called Toby who reached 17 years when he died and he had never been to the vet once (apart from near the end of his life). He was however a cross breed. I love my scruffs 

If children want any pet the parents need to take full responsibility – otherwise stick to a goldfish (and even then  

Rabbits are just prone to far to many “invisible” illnesses. I think they cost more then dogs personally. The only reason I can afford Finns luxary healthcare is because i have a good job and I only have myself to think about. Otherwise i would have struggled.

• jerseygirl
                                      22345 posts Send Private Message

Umm… ??? :hearteyes:

• sarahthegemini
                                        Participant
                                        5584 posts Send Private Message

Oh my word, he’s a gorgeous chap! I’ll follow you on insta

• Cakie
                                          Participant
                                          7 posts Send Private Message

Oh, he’s so sweet! What a cute, cute boy <3

• Bam
                                            16957 posts Send Private Message

He’s so cute it’s unreal 

I’m so sorry about Patience. 

• JosipTheBunny
                                              Participant
                                              60 posts Send Private Message

such a cutie <3

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Finn the Mini Lop Bun