Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Feeling blessed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • OnyxMoon
      Participant
      260 posts Send Private Message

This morning i woke up in extreme pain. For the past week i’ve had quite the health crisis. I lost a lot of blood, pretty much half of my blood, and on Monday i had to go to the Emergency Room and ended up getting a blood transfusion. For the five days before that, Onyx had taken the back burner as well as my dog Moon. 

I still cleaned his cage up, fed him, watered him, and gave him veggies and felt bad i couldn’t give him more attention but it couldn’t be helped. I still get very bad headaches when i wake up first thing and when i go to bed. This morning was no different. Waking up feeling like my head was split down the middle was terrible, i debated on going back to emergency care. 

I get out of bed, sit at my desk and look behind me. In my room, my computer desk faces my window and behind me is Onyx’s cage and area. He is able to free roam my room when i’m home, even without a pen or anything blocking him in. He doesn’t chew on anything he isn’t supposed to, he isn’t completely litter trained but he’s small so he doesn’t make a huge mess.  (I still keep an eye on him though!!)

Anywho! I look behind me and Onyx is climbing on the wall of his cage closest to me. He is standing on his litter box, his paws on the bars and his ears straight up. I open his cage doors, i close them when i go to bed, and he immediately jumps out and runs out of my room! He runs down the hall, i get up and calmly follow. “Onyx! Oni, come back!” he turns and gives me bunny butt. I sigh, “Onyx Edgar, come back please!” he turns and runs back to me, lets me pick him up.

I just look at him and feel so grateful. He is such a good bunny, and i couldn’t ask for any better. He may not get the hang of litter training, but he doesn’t bite (anymore ) and he snuggles. That’s where we currently are, he nestled himself into my jacket and doesn’t seem to want to leave any time soon! 

I’m so happy i saw him at the shelter that day, and even though he was sick, small and frail, and there were plenty of other rabbits available that seemed much more friendly and much more healthy. My sister said “Are you sure you want him?”, and my response was “He is now my son, its been decided.” I feel so lucky to have him. I can’t even begin to understand how someone could just give him up, and stick him in a shelter sick and alone. 

Here are some pictures, the first one i just took!

Here is one of the other bunnies (completely and utterly in love!) in my household, Pumpkin and Benson! Right after Pumpkin finished throwing a fit and kicking all of their litter out of the litter box! 

Fun fact: When they were bonded, Pumpkin wasn’t spayed but Benson was neutered. They are an extremely rare pair, as their bond came super easy. It took two days, love at first sight!  Never had a fight, they are always snuggling and Benson is constantly grooming Pumpkin. They’ve been bonded for about three or four years now! 

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

This is the sweetest <3 Hope you get back to feeling good again soon <3 <3

I feel like these little creatures know just when we need them the most. I find them by my side the most when I’m in the middle of a migraine attack or when my depression is getting bad. I can usually find them looking at me as if to say “I can help you mommy, just look at me.” They truly are life’s greatest gifts.

• OnyxMoon
          Participant
          260 posts Send Private Message

Thanks so much! I started feeling better right after Onyx decided it was snuggle time!  It continuously surprises me how affectionate and full of personality bunnies are, being semi-new to the bunny world. I was just overcome with love and gratitude when i looked at him, it was truly a great moment. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Feeling blessed.