Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Dwarf Bunny Escape Artist Habitat Help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyMinion
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

Hello fellow bun-minions!

I need some help figuring out some enclosure ideas for the little escape artist my husband brought me for Christmas! Gingersnap is a TINY Netherland Dwarf, I *think* was just old enough to leave. My husband knew how much I loved my Jersey Woolie, Tiara, and wanted to surprise me since it’s been a couple years since she passed but of course he is clueless so I don’t know anything about the breeder or her exact age. I’m hoping at this point she grows quickly! I feel like I’m trying to keep track of a hamster, lol!

She is also an escape artist. >.< 

At first my dog & I let her chill out in his mid-size crate (the open grate kind) since she was so timid and scared buuuut now she runs the place and popped right through one of the squares…

And under my bedroom door…

And every thing I have tried to block the door with…

So, I took a large cat crate and put her in there when she can’t be supervised.

And found my cat locked in there and her in the living room instead…

At one point I set her inside one of those huge moving boxes.

And, she went POOF! Like, this bunny has some serious hop. o____o 

She is like POOF! I am here. POOF! I am there.

Her favorite thing to do is binky around and run through anything tunnel-ish. She is going to need a lot of room!

I’m working on bunny proof-ing the whole house so she can zoom here and zoom there, but the long term plan is to have a dog-kennel-turned-bunny-hidey for her to chill out in if need be and also because her and Trouble (my rescued cat) are still working out their relationship. I need some peace-of-mind if I’m not there to supervise, you know? 

Does anyone have any experience with tiny escap-ing bunnies? Tips? Tricks? Help!! <33

She can’t have my dog’s kennel so I’ll drop $$ on what would be best for her. <33

• pumpkin bun
        Participant
        3 posts Send Private Message

Hello! That’s one stinkin cute bun! Maybe there still is a way to use The dog crate by putting some wire mesh over it so there is no space for her to squeeze out. And maybe somewhere you could find a very big storage bin and poke some holes in it? Those are the best options I could think of. Good luck!

• BunnyMinion
          Participant
          9 posts Send Private Message

Ouh there are lots of storage bins out in the stores right now!

I was in Home Depot looking for mesh but only could find the huge rolls of chicken wire. Ugh.

I figured out she is squeezing through the bars because she is so narrow! I hope she gets bigger soon. 

• Laragc
            Participant
            32 posts Send Private Message

I don’t have any suggestions but your description of her in the living room and the cat in the cage made me laugh so hard I’m crying. Thank you!!!

• Azerane
              4689 posts Send Private Message

If you can get aviary mesh you can attach that to the outside of the bars of whatever crate/cage you are currently using. It’s amazing how tiny of a space those little buns can get through.

Have you had any success in keeping her contained?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Dwarf Bunny Escape Artist Habitat Help