Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Dorian is refusing to go in his litter box since vet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • prince dorian the bun
      Participant
      766 posts Send Private Message

Dorian has always been super good about peeing in his litter box,  but I can not get him to go in it at all. Not just pee, but he pulls the hay out to eat it outside.  I have cleaned it twice, and even replaced it with a small very shallow one. No luck. I get the stray poops, especially since him and Miu are rebonding,  but I don’t understand this. He’s a clean bun, and he is burying (badly)  his poops under a blanket and seems to try and find a spot to pee. At first I thought maybe it hurt from still recovering from stasis, but he’s been climbing and hoping about no problem now. Also I thought maybe the pain meds, but he’s now off those. Any advice?

• prince dorian the bun
        Participant

I should add the small shallow one is a plant tray for seedlings, and has never been used by either bun (I washed it well as well).

• Bam
          16951 posts Send Private Message

Is he eating and pooping like normal now?

I’d still suspect some pain, of some soert. Was he given pepcid with his metacam? Buns can get gastritis/stomach ulcers.

Not being fulky rebonded with Miu could factor in. But ot’s weird that he seems to be looking for an alternative place to pee.

For a while when my Mango was ill his bunwife Snöa chose to pee on a vet bed (fuffy thick “sherpa fleece”) that I’d put on an Ikea doll bed. It soaked through bc the vet bed had been washed so many times, so I couldnt let her have it. She then went back to peeing in the boxes again. I have no idea why it even occured.

• prince dorian the bun
            Participant

He stopped once him and Miu were rebonded and he could go in the spot the litter was originally.  Then again, I didn’t rebond them until he was off pain meds, so it could have been mainy things. He also had peptid or something for ulcers. Poops are still an issue,  but mostly because I have been giving him hay in areas he usually wouldn’t get it to make sure he eats a lot of fiber. He is being a bit lazy and just poops while munching.  It’s getting better though. It was weird though. Glad it stopped.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Dorian is refusing to go in his litter box since vet