Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Do they sound like a good pair?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been watching how Tucker and Drue react to each other while they are still not able to be bonded.  The first day they tried to attack each other through the bars so I installed the mesh.  Then they smelled each other and tried to attack but realized they could do nothing through the mesh.  Then a few days later when Drue was in the bottom pen he got on the shelf and tried to turn and smell Tucker from above.  He caught her off guard I think because she didn’t know he was around and they had a slight quarrel and then he fell off the shelf.  Today I let them just have a gate of grids and a baby gate between them.  The baby gate has the huge diamonds where Drue was able to get his whole head through.  They went up to the grids and sniffed each other between them and NO fights! I was standing nearby with the broom ready to be wedged in between them if need be..but they just sniffed each other and went back to playing in their own areas.  They did this quite a few times before they finally went back to lounging.  Is this a good sign??  There have been no attempts to fight lately.  Also they’ve been sharing the condo sides meaning one day Tucker is up top in the closed condo and Drue is in the bottom in the open pen, the next day when I clean the condos I put Tucker in the bottom and Drue up top.  I don’t always change the litter before switching them..just when it’s litter changing day so atleast half the time they’re in the other’s area they have the old litter in there.  Also, which ever bun has the dining room space also has access to both pens all throughout the day.  They both make themselves at home in either condo although they both prefer the closed condo, Drue prefers the left corner of the main floor and Tucker prefers the top shelf.

They also both have stuffies.  The stuffies always stay in the pen they’re in.  Eeyore is up top and The brown bun is in the bottom.  They will both cuddle with both stuffies, so they don’t seem to be bothered by each other’s scent. 

There has been SLIGHT marking poops by Drue but I think that might have been because I had the little litter pan on the bottom and the big on top and he does most his pooping on the bottom of the closed condo..so I switched those two.  Tucker hasn’t had anymore marking poops then normal. 

I’m really hoping that this sounds like a promising match up!!  I was a bit worried since I didn’t wait and let Tucker pick her mate but once I saw Drue I just had to have him so I am hoping that it all works out ok!

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

bars can make all the difference in the world. they might be the best of friends betw/ cages… but once that’s gone they can turn very aggressive. it’s hard to really know how they are going to react ahead of time… plus, Tucker’s hormones are in the way right now also. i’m positive you’ll be able to make it work… be prepared that it might take some time tho.

• OllieBunnysMamma
          Participant
          75 posts Send Private Message

I thnk it seems positive! Better than negative right? Keep that good energy going and definetely keep proceeding with caution.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Do they sound like a good pair?