Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Travel Question

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Quantum
      Participant
      286 posts Send Private Message

No, Quantum’s not going on a roadtrip on her own!  My Dad had to have a couple of heart surgeries.  In between the two, I was staying with him taking care of the housework, cooking and laundry.  After this second one, he’ll likely need me to stay at his house again.  Also in the process of Dad being in the hospital for surgery number two, Quantum moved in and has successfully taken over our house.  She’s used to having me around and getting out to run around the living room pretty much all day.  Mike will be going back to work next Monday and if I wind-up at Dad’s, we’re going to have an extremely put-out, full on pout mode bunny around here.  The question is, if it’s agreeable to Dad and if I bun proof his house, do you think Quantum could come with me without freaking her out too much?

I kind of hate to do it to her–she’s just getting used to us, our house and the rest.  Moving her temporarily would not be happy for her.  At the same time, needs must and Dad’s going to need my help.  Suggestions?  Help??!?

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

ME I would take her to Dad’s with me.  I just like my buns where ever I am.   I am funny that way.  You Dad may also like the company of you and Quantum.   Sounds nice.  Try it see how it goes.   At least that way Quantum won’t be lonesome.  When I am away too much mine fight. They miss me.

• BunnyMuffin
          Participant
          350 posts Send Private Message

How long do you think you’ll be staying with your Dad? I’m guessing it’ll be for a couple weeks or so, and if that’s the case I’d definitely take bun with. I brought my bunny to my Mom’s and she had to endure road trips and airplanes, but she did just fine once we arrived at Mom’s. So if it’s just a little in town trip, then I think taking her with you would be just fine. But if it’s just for a couple days, probably not worth the stress for the bunny. I hope your Dad recovers well!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I would definately take Quantum with me. Be sure to include some familiar things and be prepared for a poop-fest due to the new environment. It has been proven that animals help those who have recived medical treatment to recover faster and have less stress so I think it is a good idea. I could not go without my bunnies for ling, especially if I know they can just come with me. I think it will also help your bonding process too.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Ditto, if my parents didn’t have a dog, I’d have my bunnehs’ here right now! I’ve stayed at their house three nights in a row, and the buns are MAD lol I’ve been ducking in to see them, but between the shelter (our director is out of town so three of us are looking after both the horse and rabbit shelters ourselves…) and family, I’ve been home once a day to shower and check the buns-been pretty busy!

I hope your dad is doing well, and I wish him a full easy recovery from his surgeries!!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

like the others, i agree that you should take him with you. make *absolutely* sure that the area he is in is bun-proofed tho and i’d suggest you bring an xpen just in case for times when you cannot supervise. your dad is not going to be feeling well, and i think a bun running around and getting into things would be stressful for him, especially if he is not used to the concept of a house rabbit. a new house means new things to sniff, chin, nibble, and dig… and of course, a little marking with poop. you might want to bring your hand vac with you as well.

i hope your dad recovers quickly. that’s very sweet of you to be able to go help him out!

• Quantum
                  Participant
                  286 posts Send Private Message

Thanks, everyone! It’s wonderful when the answer you get is the one you were hoping for! I’ll check with Dad and do some bunny-proofing at his house prior to his getting out of the hospital.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Travel Question