Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Bunnies

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Dragonfly
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

Hello, I’m new to Binky Bunny but I figured it would be a good place to get information on bunnies.

I adopted 2 female bunnies about 2 months ago. This is my first time taking care of bunnies and so far they are very happy, doing the Binky and such. I would like to get them spayed before they stop using their litter box and start biting and such but I’m unsure about their age.

(See pictures in post below)

If anyone has any opinions on what their age might be it would be a great help.

Thank you everyone ☺️

• Wick & Fable
        5812 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB, and I’m so glad to read of your new family additions and finding BB to be a helpful resource.

Unfortunately your photos are not showing, so please try uploading them again!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Dragonfly
          Participant

• Wick & Fable
            5812 posts Send Private Message

Unfortunately I am not good at pinning down breeds, BUT  I am absolutely in love with both of them. Some people really like the squished dwarf faces, but I have found the longer faces to be so full of personality and poise.

If you take both to a rabbit-experienced, exotic vet, they should be able to estimate the age. It looks roughly like both would be at least 6mo, which is a fine time to spay.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Dragonfly
              Participant

Thank you for the guess on them, so far they don’t seem to bad the bigger Bunny seems to be getting alittle dominant over the smaller bunny and is mounting her and such and I am unsure if it is going to cause fights or anything.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                Participant
                303 posts Send Private Message

It would start causing fights. That is a sign that they are old enough to get spayed.

• Dragonfly
                  Participant

Thank you for your help,  should I seperate them right away in the meantime?

• DanaNM
                    9050 posts Send Private Message

If you’re starting to see some mounting it’s a good idea to separate now before it escalates to a fight. If you house them side-by-side they won’t forget each other. 🙂

Also double check their sexes! Young rabbits are often mis-sexed.

Your vet will have their own preferences for when to spay, but between 4-6 months old is acceptable.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
                      17012 posts Send Private Message

Aww, cute! How big are they?

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Bunnies