Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bun being naughty tonight

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • skibunny8503
      Participant
      1338 posts Send Private Message

Archie has done this a few times but I’ve yelled over at him and he’d stop but tonight he kept going to the same spot and would dig at the carpet and bite on it and try to pull it up.    He also kept going to me and tried to bite my jeans and dig at it.  He’s dug at my husband’s arms (bare arms!) and we thought it was just because he was laying on the floor and he was in Archie’s way.  Is there anyway to get him to stop?  He seems to be attracted to corners and tries to dig at them.  He’s even done this in his cage; digging at the limolium floor.  Any suggestions?

• BunnyMuffin
        Participant
        350 posts Send Private Message

You could try making him a diggy box – essentially a deep cardboard box with a bunch of shredded newspaper (or other bunny safe paper) in it that’s meant for them to dig in. Deep enough that not too much paper goes flying, but obviously not so deep that Archie can’t hop in on his own. Maybe hide some treats under the paper to get him going. Some bunnies love the diggy box, others don’t. Noelle likes to dig carpet sometimes, but had zero interest in the diggy box I made her. Hopefully Archie likes his!

• skibunny8503
          Participant

That’s a good idea, I’ll try that and hopefully it’ll work. 

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

Also you could put a phone book on the area he’s digging-he might dig that instead

• skibunny8503
              Participant

Ok, so with all the holiday running around I never had time to make or buy a box for him to dig at. So today I hear him digging again but this time in his litter box! Litter everywhere! It was morning and I wanted to get a bill out and he’s in the office, so I’m sitting there and he kept digging. He was getting me so frustrated! I even squirted him with a water bottle but it didn’t even faze him. So I got him in his travel cage for a “time out” and he was not a happy camper about that. But I cleaned up his whole cage, even gave him new hay. I let him run around in the office (too many presents and stuff to get into out in the living room) and he did for a bit but mostly wanted petted. After awhile I got him in his cage and rewarded him with a raisin. I made him a little digging box and put some hay and shredded newspapers in it. He went in it but he went to the bathroom in it! When we saw him at the shelter his litter box just had shredded paper in it. So I think he’s confused now. I could ask my mom if she has any extra phone books laying around since I don’t have any. But does anyone else have any suggestions about this? Thanks :o)

• skibunny8503
                Participant

I’d like to add….I was just looking on house rabbit society website about behaviors and ran acrossed an article dealing with neutering. They say if their neutered to early before adolescence that sometimes they’ll still go through all the stages. And he has been digging at the linolium and carpet. When we got him they said he was apparently neutered by his previous owners and also had an infection, so it might have been a recent neuter.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bun being naughty tonight