Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding session went so well I’m literally crying

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • pinkiemarie
      Participant
      424 posts Send Private Message

I just lost my boy Wally and I’m distraught still so that probably has something to do with the crying 😭 But, that said, a few years ago I tried very hard to add Clover to Wally and Ben’s bond and it just didn’t work. They both loved Wally so much and couldn’t get along well with each other. We lost him Monday and Ben has been grooming toys, and Clover has been hiding under the couch. They’ve been great with each other separated by bars for a few years now so I decided that I would just jump right into trying to bond them again and that maybe since they’re both grieving they would seek comfort with each other.

My lady Clover did not try to bite him even one single time in the 10 minutes they were together! And Ben, since he was bonded with Wally and is missing him a lot, just really wanted to cuddle up with her. It’s too soon for me but I guess this really isn’t about me, and you know what? Wally loved them both and was the sweetest happiest boy and would want them to be happy  so this was a great success.

I tried the smoosh method today where you put them between your knees and kind of smoosh them together so they’re hugging and it worked perfectly for now. We’ll do that a few more times then see where it takes us.

• DanaNM
        9016 posts Send Private Message

Awwww that’s wonderful!

Dynamics in pairs are really different that trios, and you are right that the circumstances have changed. Fingers crossed it keeps going well!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• pinkiemarie
          Participant
          424 posts Send Private Message

I’m so proud of my bunny kids! My little boy has been grooming my girl at least a little every session. The only issue they’ve had so far is that in return he puts his head down and leaves it down for too long-he just isn’t recognizing that she’s saying no by not responding so she’s nipped at him a few times to tell him no. But nothing that seemed horribly aggressive and both of them have purred during bonding. It’s only been a week since we lost Wally so I wasn’t 100% sure how they would respond but they’re both doing well and my little boy who was bonded with him seems to be enjoying the affection and company of being with another bunny. <3

• DanaNM
            9016 posts Send Private Message

That’s so wonderful!!!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding session went so well I’m literally crying