Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE BOK CHOY QUESTION!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Toby Da Bunny
      Participant
      103 posts Send Private Message

Hello lil bok choy lovers, so I read that this plant is amazing for our buns. But what do I do with this ENORMOUS stem?! I feel like it can’t be good  Is ollie supposed to eat this too? I mean, I just gave him the leaves and some parts of the white stem since it’s his first time eating it, but I’m not sure about this large core.. let me know if it’s safe to feed, because it just seems like a waste of food if not!

Thanks 

• Okanah
        Participant
        7 posts Send Private Message

I give the who leaf to my bunny, leaf and stem. As long as I’m feeding her less than one cup worth of veggies, I think it should be okay?

I have to say though, that my bunny isn’t really a fan of the white part and often only eat it if there’s no other veggies left.

• Sofia
          Participant
          348 posts Send Private Message

It can in small quantities. It’s similar to broccoli in the way that the stems can give gas if fed too much. If the bun has a sensitive tummy, I would avoid it.

• Bam
            16924 posts Send Private Message

The stem is often not popular, much like the stem of romaine. In my case, my dog eats the stems when the bun has finished the green parts. You could cut off the green parts for Ollie and eat the stems yourself, they can be lightly cooked for example in a stir-fry.

How a rabbit reacts to different veggies is highly individual. There’s nothing toxic in the stems, but bok choy belongs to the cabbage family and as such, can cause gas in some buns. Start with small bits. If Ollie tolerates it, he can have the stem as well, but go slow (as with all other new food).

• Wick & Fable
              5798 posts Send Private Message

I find Wick eats romaine stems and bok choy stems when they’re the only thing left and they’re cut into thin slivers.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE BOK CHOY QUESTION!