Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bald spot – inner leg

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ivana
      Participant
      37 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone. My bunny has this bald spot on her inner right leg and I was wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this? She is an indoor free roaming bunny and she’s never been outside.

Thank you in advance.

• triangulumlock
        Participant
        6 posts Send Private Message

It could be from a few different things like over-grooming, mites, or even a skin infection. Since she’s an indoor bunny, mites might be less likely, but it’s still possible. I’d recommend getting it checked out by a vet to be sure. In the meantime, keep an eye on her behavior and see if she’s licking or biting that spot a lot.

• LBJ10
          16994 posts Send Private Message

Looking at the nice, neat shape of the bald spot… I’m going to say looks self-inflicted. Has she been scratching at all? Or given any indication of irritation or something bothering her? If not, then it may not be mites. The other possibility then would be self mutilation/fur pulling. I had a bunny that would do this when he was stressed. He would simply pull chunks of fur out in various places that he could reach.

• Ivana
            Participant
            37 posts Send Private Message

Actually I’ve noticed this spot maybe a year ago, but i didn’t think it was something serious. Now i see the same spot (hasn’t grown larger) and her skin is not irritated, so it’s in the same state from a year ago. I don’t know if it’s from pulling fur of some kind of alopecia.

• DanaNM
              9047 posts Send Private Message

I agree it does look a bit like she pulled it herself as the skin underneath looks good.

Is she spayed? Wondering if she could be having a false pregnancy and nesting.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bald spot – inner leg