Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.ย  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.ย  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best.ย 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time.ย 

BUNNY 911 –ย If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?ย  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules.ย 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! ย Don’t have a vet? Check outย VET RESOURCESย 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited.ย The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.ย  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE August chat thread

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bam
      16957 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!

I hope everyone is having a bunderful summer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฐ

• DanaNM
        9050 posts Send Private Message

Obligatory “It’s August already!!” ๐Ÿ˜€

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
          17012 posts Send Private Message

OMG, how did August get here?

• Susanne
            Participant
            422 posts Send Private Message

What year is this?

Hoppy birthday to my Ruby on the 19th! At least I know her exact age, she will be 2. I wish I knew Elmer’s age. He may have turned 4 in June or July, if the animal shelter gave me the correct information. ๐Ÿ‡

• Lindsey
              Participant
              43 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone!

Just popping on to request some good vibes sent our way for Leo today. He is our sweet, mini lop, who is just over 5 years old now. Very recently I noticed slight changes in his behavior, and a large indicator of something being wrong is that he is no longer interested in eating his pellets (usually this means that he takes them and drops them, or tries to eat just 1 or 2). My mom will be taking him to our vet later today, I am hoping that it is a manageable & treatable issue. I am thinking it may very well be a dental issue, although he has never had anything wrong previously in that area. Our past bun, Ollie had two molar grindings over the span of his life, so I do know that could be on the table here.

It seems that we have caught on to whatever is bothering him very early on though, which I am grateful for. Another example of how important it is for any rabbit owner to notice any & all changes in their rabbits’ behavior!

Thank you in advance for any good vibes sent our way! I’ll be sure to post an update after the vet appointment as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

• LBJ10

Aww, poor Leo. I hope things went well at the vet today.

• jerseygirl
                  22345 posts Send Private Message

@Lindsey Itโ€™s always nerve racking when you have to take them in. (((Leo)))

i hope he did well.

@LBJ10
                    ย Happy Birthday !! xx

• LBJ10

Thanks JG!

• Hazel
                      Participant
                      2587 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Birthday LBJ! ๐Ÿ™‚

• LBJ10

Thanks Hazel!

• Lindsey
                          Participant
                          43 posts Send Private Message

Thank you @LBJ10 & @jerseygirl for the vibes for Leo. The vet did come to the conclusion that there are some sharp spots in his mouth that are likely the reason he hasn’t been eating as much, she sent us home with a gut mobility med & also some Metacam for the pain. But the plan is to bring him in this Friday for a full dental exam and likely some molar trimming/filing. Hopefully, this procedure will do the trick & he will be back to his normal self soon!

• Hazel
                            Participant

@Lindsey Oh no, poor little Leo. ๐Ÿ™ย  At least you know what’s wrong with him now. I hope the molar trim goes well and he will feel much better soon!

We just ordered two jumping spiders, they should get here in a couple of days. I never had pet spiders before, should be interesting! ๐Ÿ™‚ย  I’m normally not much of a spider person, but these fluffy jumpers are pretty dang cute.

• LBJ10

Aww, well hopefully this is all that is wrong and it will do the trick.

• Susanne
                                Participant
                                422 posts Send Private Message

Mr. Proper

• LBJ10

๐Ÿ˜€

• Azerane
                                    4689 posts Send Private Message

Hazel, jumping spiders as pets sounds quite exciting, have you received them yet?

Been very busy here, we move house next week. I’m so done with the whole process, it’s been about 7 weeks since we found out we have to move so it’s just dragged on. I am excited to be in the new place, the bunnies will actually have even more space than what they have now which is exciting. I bought a new, more sturdy pen for them because I need to span a big gap with it.

In terms of their health, Apollo is still well, I have Luna trained to take her medication without fuss, she practically begs for it because she gets a slice of dried strawberry after, lol. I have a sneaking suspicion that her kidney problems may be progressing because she is showing occasional signs of pain again, pain symptoms went away after we treated for E. cunciculi. Once we’re in the new house I’ll have to take her in for a check up.

• Hazel
                                      Participant

@Azerane : No, unfortunately not. They were sent on Tuesday with 2-day shipping, but FedEx fudged up royally. They spent three days at one FedEx location not going anywhere. Then on Saturday morning they finally arrived at our local hub. The breeder had them upgrade the package for delivery since it was so delayed, so FedEx should have delivered it on Saturday, which they didn’t. They didn’t tell us we could pick them up either, I was at work and the hubby stayed at home waiting for that delivery truck. Today they’re closed of course, so now we will try to get them tomorrow. I just hope they haven’t died by then. ๐Ÿ™

I’ll let you know how it turns out. The breeder said they should be alright.

• DanaNM

Oh no! Poor little spider babies, I hope they make it ok!

I love jumping spiders! What kind of housing set up do they need?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hazel
                                          Participant

Thanks Dana! We got them today and they’re fine. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  I’ll post some pictures of them and their enclosures.

• Azerane
                                            4689 posts Send Private Message

So pleased to hear that they arrived ok ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait to see pics ๐Ÿ˜€

• DanaNM

Yay! can’t wait to see them!

• Sonn
                                                Participant
                                                1810 posts Send Private Message

It is 115f here today and my air conditioning is struggling. I put all the small animals and reptiles in the coolest area of the house. Tater and Spud of course are loving getting the run of a new spot in the house.

• DanaNM

Ooof yeah, our AC can barely handle temps over 85… I have a plan to move them to the basement if our power goes out during a heat wave. Honestly I’m considering setting up my office down there because it is so much cooler!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE August chat thread