Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Apollo and Luna

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • Azerane
      4689 posts Send Private Message

It’s been a while since I dropped by, I haven’t had time to read and catch up on things but I wanted to share an update on Apollo and Luna.

They are well into senior life now, both being approximately 10+ years old. Luna had her left eye removed early this year and she bounced back from that really well. She still struggles to maintain weight due to her kidney damage but otherwise she is such a chill bun, takes everyday like a champ.

Apollo has recently started to show his age. It started with some weight gain (since I supply so many pellets to keep Luna’s weight up). I was also noticing cecal poops squashed into the floor and on his bum, requiring a few butt baths. I reduced his pellets and got the weight off of him but he’s still not cleaning up his cecals. After noticing some sore toes we popped to the vet and she diagnosed arthritis in his hind limbs. Now he’s on once-daily meloxicam, which is working wonders for his liveliness, that boy can still binky and zoom, but his excess cecal poops remain.

Overall they’re both doing very well. Summer is just around the corner which is always a risk for senior buns. We have air conditioning but it doesn’t always get as cool as you’d like due to being evaporative, especially after multiple days in a row.

We also adopted a 1 year old dog last year, it took a few weeks for the buns to get used to the sounds of him walking around their pen area but now they couldn’t care less, I just have to be sure I shut the gate behind me now so the dog doesn’t sneak in and eat bunny butt snacks xD

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Apollo and Luna