Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Angry bunny making cute grunting noise

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • baffling
      Participant
      13 posts Send Private Message

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

It looks like he is sneezing or trying to clear something from his nose or mouth. He paws at his face a few times and tilts head up. So he was struggling. Is he still doing this?
          Was he eating something right before-hand?

• baffling
          Participant

hmm he wasn’t eating. but i was playing with him so I thought he was grunting ?

• Wick & Fable
            5812 posts Send Private Message

Thats actually sneezing due to something being in his nose, or he at least perceives there’s something in his nose causing the sneezing. Ditto to jerseygirl – is he still doing this? If he wasn’t able to get the irritant out, it could cause some issues. The occasional sneeze due to hay dust is pretty harmless, but if he’s having these sneeze fits more than a couple times within a day, I suggest taking him to a vet to determine the cause of the sneezing. Rabbit nasal cavities are sensitive so it’s best to have a vet assess. The sneezing in the video is quite intense, as compared to a normal “dust” sneeze. If it occurs a lot, it can be strenuous on the rabbit.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Wick & Fable

Has he done this before? Or was this the first time?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• baffling
                Participant

Posted By Wick on 7/16/2018 7:15 AM

Has he done this before? Or was this the first time?

this is the first time, but he seems really ok, I thought he was just angry with me for playing 

• Wick & Fable

It may have been he inhaled something in the air and it made him uncomfortable then. But if you see that again, it’s a rabbit trying to clear its nose, just like a human. Rabbit grunts usually come more from the throat/body, rather than the nose (if that makes sense).

• baffling
                    Participant

ok thanks for the info! Now I feel bad recording it down 

• jerseygirl
                      22345 posts Send Private Message

Having the video will be really useful if you start to see him doing this again. Hopefully it was just a one time thing but if not, you have this video to show the vet what is happening. It’s also handy to show others that ask what a rabbit sneezing or having some other respiratory distress may look like.

As for when a rabbit is annoyed at you, they’ll let you know!  They’ll often pounce/lunge forward at your hands and there may or may not be teeth involved.  They have a blind spot directly in front of them so they’ll often react defensivley if they perceive something there. They’ll put ears flat down and tail up when showing aggression.

• Muj Mom N Bun
                        Participant
                        352 posts Send Private Message

… and they can growl! Yeah, my little lady has only briefly given this display when she was really ticked off! No no! I’m not getting in that carrier! I’m not going ANYWHERE! And, once when a friend, who she did not know at all before she reached down to pet her…. Diva

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Angry bunny making cute grunting noise