Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Advice about lump on rabbit’s foot?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • LionNPumpkin
      Participant
      20 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been trying to post on forums for some personal opinions on this, but I just can’t seem to get any…sigh.

So when I was grooming/trimming nails with my two pet rabbits yesterday, I noticed my 5/6 yo harlequin rabbit doe (spayed) has a small lump on the bottom of her right hind foot. It’s firm but not rock-hard. She does live on wire (outside), but she has mats as a break and gets run-around time on the ground. Pumpkin, the rabbit, doesn’t favor the foot or appear to be in pain. When I was messing with the bump earlier she did freak out twice (after I was feeling around it for a minute), but otherwise it doesn’t bother her. There’s no other lumps/bumps on her foot or leg.

I did some research, and it was of little help, as I only learned about what certain lumps/abscesses rabbits can get. I’m not rushing her to the vet right now, because I don’t feel like it’s serious and needs one.

Does anyone have some advice before I do any treatment at home?

Pictures:

• Writingua
        Participant
        2 posts Send Private Message

The most common cause of lumps and bumps on rabbits are warts, caused by a papilloma virus, i think need to take them to hospital doctor suggest what you need to do.

• Hazel
          Participant
          2587 posts Send Private Message

Is it on her heel? Lots of rabbit have callouses on their heels, as long as they don’t get raw or infected it shouldn’t be an issue. With rabbits living on wire this often turns into sore hocks though, which will require treatment. Why do you have them on wire?

• LionNPumpkin
            Participant
            20 posts Send Private Message

@Writingua

Thank you for the reply, I’ll have to look into that virus and do some research. I was holding off on a vet because it doesn’t seem serious, but I’ll keep a vet in mind if it develops into something I can’t control or treat.

@Hazel

It’s kind of above her heel? Not on it. It seems strange to me that a callous would be a bump like this, but I’d have to do research on the topic. I’m aware of sore hocks and I’ll have to be sure it won’t turn into that. I have my rabbits on wire because it’s simply how we made their cage with its design. I’m actually planning on making a run on the ground to let them have more exercise without me having to be out there watching for hawks, so perhaps it’ll go away once she’s on dirt during the days, I don’t know. I’ve never once had an issue with the wire floors, except for a mini rex I had who had a minor case of sore hocks, but I know the breed is known to commonly get it so that’s no big surprise.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Advice about lump on rabbit’s foot?