Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING 2 male Holland lop

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cmoore29
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

I have 2 male Holland lops who will be coming home oct 9 from the same breeder so they are already acquainted. I plan on having them separated until both are neutered in their own enclosures but close enough that they can still smell and be near each other. They’re play pens are connected but separated through a wire wall, so my question is can they still fight through that wall or most likely they won’t.

• Hazel
        Participant
        2587 posts Send Private Message

They definitely can fight through the fence. They might fight, they might not, there’s no way to be sure until it happens. I think it’s better to be safe than sorry though, so I would make sure they’re separated by a few inches. Plus, if one of them turns out to be a girl, she could get pregnant if they’re that close together.

• DanaNM
          9038 posts Send Private Message

Very cute set-up. 🙂 But yeah it looks like they could nip noses through that fence. You can either make it double walled with a buffer of 4-6 inches, or add some smaller mesh panels (like 1/4″ hardware cloth) to prevent them from nipping each other.

It also looks like the might be able to jump over in the middle, so you might want to make that portion taller, and prob move the beds so they aren’t able to use them to jump over. You would be amazed at how high bunnies can jump when they really want to get at another bunny!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cmoore29
            Participant

Thank you for your answers! I’ll definitely work on it.

@danaM thank you 😊 I’ve been slowly decorating it before their arrival.

• DanaNM

Always great to have everything set up ahead of time! 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
                Participant
                640 posts Send Private Message

WOW! What a cute little set-up! 😀 They will definitely be very spoiled buns! 😉

I agree with what has been said above, just wanted to drop in and say it looks amazing! 🙂 (You’ll be posting more pictures, right? There are some people on here who are a little crazy about pictures… 😀 )

• Cmoore29
                  Participant

Thank you!!! @hiphopbunny yes I’ll definitely be posting more photos, maybe when my boys are finally home 🥰

• DanaNM

I was just looking over a slide show by the Ohio House Rabbit Society on bonding and they mentioned “nose guards”, which turn out to just be tiny mesh cube grids!

Seems like they would be very handy, I just ordered a pack for myself!

• Cmoore29
                      Participant

@DanaNM ooh that’s a good idea! Thank you, I wonder if I could purchase a roll of net mesh and somehow figure out how to connect it to the grids if that would work? Hmm 🤔

• DanaNM

I have also used mesh! You can get what’s called “hardware cloth” at hardware stores, usually in the section with chicken wire. I think I used 1/4″ mesh size and it worked well. It was just more of a pain to deal with and didn’t look as nice. I was intrigued by these grids because they seem easier to work with (no cutting required) and I already use NIC cube grids for everything. 🙂

• Cmoore29
                          Participant

Yeah, definitely have to figure out what will work. Probably will also move around some of their things so that the portion of that wall is covered with their furniture lol. We’ll see. Thank you for the advice, those NIC grids would be perfect but I’m trying to find out a cheaper option since I’ve already bought a bunch of stuff 😅.

• DanaNM

I have also used cardboard in a pinch! But they will prob chew through it so you would need to replace it often. 🙂

• Cmoore29
                              Participant

@danaNM I went to my local Home Depot and purchased hardware cloth to cover that gate wall. It feels and seems sturdy so I’ll give that a try. I put it up with zip ties and it doesn’t look bad at all, can hardly notice it. Hopefully that’ll work.

• Cmoore29
                                Participant

@DanaNM I went to my local Home Depot and purchased hardware cloth and put it up with some zip tie. I hope this works!

• DanaNM

Great!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING 2 male Holland lop