Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE White rabbits white rabbits white rabbits – pix!

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
    • RabbitPam
      11002 posts Send Private Message

Every month we wish each other good luck by saying whiterabbitwhiterabbitwhiterabbit.

If you have a white rabbit that you would allow to be posted on the binky bunny facebook page, please post a good photo here.
        I often use a pix at the beginning of the month but am running out of new ones.

By posting in this thread you are giving us permission to use your photo. This isn’t a guarantee we will, but I will check this thread in the future for cuties.

Please mention the name of your bunny if you post here.

No offence to all our multi-colored bunnies, who are also beautiful.
        Thanks!

• jerseygirl
        22342 posts Send Private Message

He’s some of Ailís, although you may have used them before. They’re older pics I’ve shared on here in the past. Any new ones are still on my phone and not great quality. 

• Bladesmith
          Participant
          849 posts Send Private Message

Ailis looks so….Noble.

• Sirius&Luna
            Participant
            2319 posts Send Private Message

Here’s Nimbus… Although the jury’s still out on whether he’s actually a rabbit 

• ThorBunny
              Participant
              824 posts Send Private Message

Squeeee!!! Little puffball of cuteness!

• RabbitPam

These are great! Keep em comin.

• Harley&Thumper
                  Participant
                  444 posts Send Private Message

Storm is enjoying her nap

• Q8bunny
                    Participant
                    6345 posts Send Private Message

I thought we agreed that Nimbus is a cloud tribble??

• joea64
                      Participant
                      1423 posts Send Private Message

I got a splendid picture of Fernando flopped out in the afternoon sun yesterday. Gotta upload it…

And here we go!

• Gordo and Janice
                        Participant
                        703 posts Send Private Message

Okay, pic question. I know everyone uses different applications and sites for editing their photos. I have one of Icey that is my favorite. She looks so regal the way she is standing with her Angora coat about her like a Queen’s plush royal robe, not too long and not too short, just about right (well in my opinion). And she is standing on a red throw that looks like a red carpet. But it is about 2 MB. Is there one of those applications or sites that can reduce a 2 MB pic and get it under the 500 KB limit without losing significant clarity or is that an impossibility and I am just out of luck?  It would seem there would be an application that would take the photo and simply make it one quarter of it’s original size with the same detail instead of keeping it the same size and reducing the quality to achieve the desired file size.  But I am ignorant in such things.

• Sirius&Luna
                          Participant

I just send mine by email on my iphone, and when you send it, it asks if you want to send it full size, small, medium or large. All of those Nimbus ones were medium, and are still reasonable quality

• joea64
                            Participant
                            1423 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Gordo and Janice on 7/02/2018 9:56 AM

Okay, pic question. I know everyone uses different applications and sites for editing their photos. I have one of Icey that is my favorite. She looks so regal the way she is standing with her Angora coat about her like a Queen’s plush royal robe, not too long and not too short, just about right (well in my opinion). And she is standing on a red throw that looks like a red carpet. But it is about 2 MB. Is there one of those applications or sites that can reduce a 2 MB pic and get it under the 500 KB limit without losing significant clarity or is that an impossibility and I am just out of luck?

You might try IrfanView, which is a well-known freeware application that I’ve been using as my more-or-less-default photo viewer for nearly two decades (!!!) through various versions now.

https://www.irfanview.com/

• Gordo and Janice
                              Participant

Hmmm, good to note for the bunny in the future pics. But this one is already on my pc and it was from years ago when she was about 1.5 to 2 years old. So that phone that took the original pic is long since toast, 3 or 4 upgrades ago. But again duly noted for future reference. Thanks S&L.

• Gordo and Janice
                                Participant

Posted By joea64 on 7/02/2018 10:13 AM 

You might try IrfanView, which is a well-known freeware application that I’ve been using as my more-or-less-default photo viewer for nearly two decades (!!!) through various versions now.

https://www.irfanview.com/

Thanks joea64.  Downloaded it.  Fiddled with it for about 10 minutes and don’t know what I am doing yet.  Will have to give it some more effort later when I have more time.  I appreciate the help regardless.

• RabbitPam

Try Varidrop. Been using it for years. Free
                                    https://download.cnet.com/VarieDrop/3000-12511_4-75833839.html

• jerseygirl

@Bladesmith, I think it’s those bun with well-endowed dewlaps that get that look. lol

Nimbus!!!! Lol. He’s too precious!

Oh, Stormy fits there perfectly. <3 No room for anybunny else!

Joe! We haven’t seen your 2 in a while. I love it when bunnies nap in the sunbeams. Bliss. : )

• jerseygirl

Gordo, I just tried an experiment on Windows. I opened a photo that was over 5MB then took a screen shot of that using print screen button.
                                        I pasted that into MS Paint. You can do a quick crop simply by moving entire image into top left hand corner, so most screen shot you dont want is cropped on that side and brings image into space you can continue work with it easily. Then I click off the image so dotted line doesnt appear around edge. Then I could click on the little square (one at bottom, one on the right) and drag mouse in to crop out rest off stuff I didn’t want. It allowed me to save that as new pic as a PNG file which gives better quality. It reduced the 5MB pic to a 600kb one that looked the same on my screen as it did in the photo viewer. The 1st one I trialed, I got it to under 500kb but it was trickier using the select tool in Paint, trying to select image that I needed to scroll down on – if that makes sense..

I think the 500kb limit on here is just for attachments. Im not entirely sure. You could always upload images to a hosting site and simply provide the link to it. It will open the photo in a viewing page for BB-er to see it.
                                        I use Imgur for this purpose. When I upload a photo there, I set it so it’s not public. Then only the photos you share a link for can be seen, not your entire album. It also means your ohotos don’t go up in a stream of public “posts” on imgur.

The BB forum is going to have an update and hopefully sharing photos here will become easier. It didn’t used to be as tricky as it currently is. But then, smartphones and tablets weren’t as common back then either!

• BunnyLass568
                                        Participant
                                        445 posts Send Private Message

@Gordo & Janice: Probably not very helpful but I use gimp 2.6 (I believe it’s 2.6) and no issues with it yet.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to post a picture of Thumper any time soon but I’m passing on the bunny books they gave me for white bunny luck to you all!???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Gordo and Janice
                                          Participant

Okay, this is the picture of Icey.  Which was my favorite perfect picture that I made NO LONGER perfect because I cropped out the top of her ears and saved it over the original when I was trying to figure everything out.  The joys of being inept.  Frustrating.  But I still would love to share it.

It was when she was about 2 years old give or take 6 months.  We had just moved into the new house and within the first year we bought a new bed.  That was the old bed.  So this could have been taken anywhere from September 2011 through the first 3/4 of 2012.  My how times flies!!!

Nothing really special about this one.  She’s not being super cute with personality or anything but it captures her in her almost perfect state of health.  Eyes so clear (she developed cataracts later in life).  She was a heavy groomer (I mean they all are) and she had it mat free and floofed just so (because we were not allowed to help, NO BRUSH!).  And it was at the in between stages of not just trimmed (you know, chewed up looking) and not too long that you can’t make out that she is a rabbit.  Because of the red throw it always made me think she was standing on the red carpet all regal like with her royal angora coat about her shoulders, chest, and legs just so, posing for the paparazzi.

I ruined the perfection by cropping out her ears but it is still one of my favorite.

And there is considerable loss of detail.  But it is what it is.  At least I can share.

P.S.  Thanks for all the help with the photo advice.

• BunnyLass568
                                            Participant

Darn autocorrect!? I put in bunny boops not books. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• BunnyLass568
                                              Participant

@Gordo & Janice: Icey is so beautiful, love that photo! She is def an angora  bunny queen❤

• BunnyLass568
                                                Participant

Here’s an older picture of Thumper. I thought it looked cute so it’s time to upload it.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                  Participant

Patiently waiting to be sprung!

• BunnyLass568
                                                    Participant

@Gordo and Janice: lol you’d think so. ? Two more pictures show them slowly lowering their head down on to the hidey-house to use as a pillow, silly bun.

• Bladesmith
                                                      Participant
                                                      849 posts Send Private Message

LMAO @ “Cloud Tribble”. It fits.

• Muj Mom N Bun
                                                        Participant
                                                        352 posts Send Private Message

is this White Rabbit Cheating? Shes a broken Albino! 

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                          18092 posts Send Private Message

Such beautiful buns! White bunnies will always have a very special place in my heart. I miss my boys so much. 

Pam, you know you are always welcome to steal pics from my FB.   I still haven’t been able to go through my Bindi and Sterling pics…..still too hard. I want to print some to put in my memorial journal. 

But this one popped up on my FB memories the other day so I will share. 

• Kim
                                                            Participant
                                                            83 posts Send Private Message

Usually when Snow comes out of her cage, she goes in her box behind it. Well last night she was not in her box…I Lost my SNOWBELLA!!!!

Sorry for multiple posts! Phone is acting weird!.

[photo inserted by jerseygirl]

• RabbitPam

bump

• bear_the_bunny
                                                                Participant
                                                                67 posts Send Private Message

Does Bear count?

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                  Participant

Does Bear count? I’d say Bear more than counts. The preciousness abounds. Look at how adorable! Just perfect. Beautiful eyes.

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                    Participant

Oh go on then… More Nimby.

• Bam
                                                                      16872 posts Send Private Message

Nimby ?

Of course Bear counts!!!

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                        Participant

Speaking of Nimby, Janice and I were walking out of the store yesterday evening and we saw a spectacular thunderhead off in the distance outlined and illuminated by the sunset and she instantly brought up little Nimbus. She is enamored.

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                          Participant

Aww, I’m glad Nimbus is bringing joy to others There’s lots more photos and videos at http://www.instagram.com/sirius_the_bunny

• BeanMode
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            36 posts Send Private Message

Oooo white rabbits I have one of those. Meet Lorelai.

She’s got a magnificent fluff of a tail and dotes on her husbun to be Lop who is often a stinker.

(picture of Lop included because he’d be upset if he found out I didn’t but he’s very much not a white rabbit)

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                              Participant

@Beanmode – Lol…yes Loralei is white as white can be and you are a very good parent to consider Lop’s self esteem and include a picture of him. Funny. And both perfectly cute buns.

Viewing 36 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE White rabbits white rabbits white rabbits – pix!