Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Vibes for Moink, Im hoping i made the right choice

This topic contains 32sd replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lovebunny 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Dface
    Participant

So I realised I never updated on this, and maybe it’ll be useful for other people in the future so:

1. Despite a huge amount of swelling, his scrotum did not rupture.
    2. It was hugely swollen and was called a hemotoma, it did became darker hard to the touch as the blood dried, but it did not go neceotic.
    3. It did shrink a lot over the next few days as it continued to dry out, it did not ooze or leak, or seem to bother him in any way.
    4. It stopped shrinking, and then fell off. The part that came off was completely hard inside and out, and was literally just dead skin and dried blood. There was no blood or ooze. It was just a piece of dead tissue.

5. There was a scab left behind on what was left of the scrotum, but it is healing and its all shrinking back like it should for now.

We are also monitoring him as my boyfriend left the dumb bunny in with him,… And Moink was a bit too enthusiastic and gave himself “carpet burn” on whats left of his manhood, so we need to make sure thats healing… Lol
    Hes otherwise in great form and hasnt had any flare ups or unusual nasal discharge, so touch wood that keeps going!

kurottabun
    Participant

Oh my..all of that sounds so scary D: Recovery vibes for Moink!

Q8bunny
    Participant

When you told me about the carpet burn the other day, I couldn’t help LOLing. Now that I’m calmer and think about it, it does sound rather uncomfortable. Ooof… extreme chafing in the nether regions… hope it was worth it, Moink!

Dface
    Participant

Kurottabun-he seems in great form and is completely fine, I think it sounds scary, but he was acting so fine that it was reassuring, i just wanted to update incase anyone else goes through a similar experience!

Q8-dont worry i laughed too, and he has zero regrets (which is why theres no more teddy for him) he hasnt learned his lesson AT ALL.
    He isnt bothered by it to be honest, no excessive cleaning or anything to indicate irritation.
    He is too busy figuring out the other rabbits ?

Q8bunny
    Participant

As all good heist movies will tell you, there is nothing like a good diversion.

Bam

Thank you for the update, Dface! I’m so glad to hear it went well and no extra surgery was needed!

Dface
    Participant

Thanks for all the support, I figured it might be helpful if anyone is going through something similar to know how it worked out here (even though im sure is very much a case by case basis)

lovebunny
    Participant

Wow that sounds so stressful for you and Moink.  I agree it sounds like they did not have his best interest in mind like you do. You defiantly did right by him. I am so glad it work its self out. I hope if I experience a situation like that I am able to handle it as well as you did. 

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.