Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Some vibes for Jersey please?

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author
    • jerseygirl
      22338 posts Send Private Message

I’m a bit worried about my girl. Not wanting to eat and looking like she’s possibly got some stomach troubles.
        It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this in her. She used to have bouts when younger but we’ve been on a good run for years. She just had her molars done a couple weeks ago.
        Looks like we will be going to the vet. Being Friday afternoon here, I don’t want to wait then get caught out over the weekend when consult hours are limited.

Worried.

• Roberta
        Participant
        4355 posts Send Private Message

Vibes for little Jersey bunny

• LongEaredLions
          Participant
          4482 posts Send Private Message

((((Vibes for Jersey))))
            Bella is having the exact same troubles tonight too. She got her teeth trimmed recently but now she doesn’t want to eat and looks to have some stomach issues too. I gave her some Simethecone but looks like we are headed to the vets as well.

• jerseygirl

I’m sorry. I know how worrying it is! {{{Bella}}}

• MimzMum
              Participant
              8029 posts Send Private Message

Hopefully not a cracked tooth or something else left over from the dental
                Many vibes for dear Jersey (((((((((((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh no – vibes for Ms. Jersey – I hope she feels better soon.

• jerseygirl

Well I walked in from work anxious to check her and she seemed interested in food but it was short-lived. Shes still not right.
                    She ate a little critical care and I can see she’s pooped at least. She’s passed some really big fecal poos. She’s done this the last few days and I noticed her eating some actual hay during the week. Not the first time she’s had problems after hay. So odd!
                    It seems she just can’t cope with proper hay.

We didnt get to the vet today as earliest appt I could get was lunchtime Saturday.

Thanks for thinking of her! I just had awful feeling even though we’ve been through this before.

• Baxter n Boos Mom
                    Participant
                    394 posts Send Private Message

Hoping Jersey feels better soon…..

• jerseygirl

She’s gone.

• Zombie-Sue
                        Participant
                        875 posts Send Private Message

Oh no. I’m sorry.

• kralspace
                          Participant
                          2663 posts Send Private Message

oh Jerseygirl!  I am so, so sorry about little Jersey, you guys have always made Binkybunny such a great place to be. I know how horrible it must be for you today and I hurt for you.

I’ve lit a candle for the both of you, hugs, Kathy and the furballs

Binky free, Jersey

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles…d=19853421 

• AnnaW
                            Participant
                            569 posts Send Private Message

Oh god, I’m so so sorry JerseyGirl, My thoughts are with you tonight, xxx

• Jessie1990
                              Participant
                              393 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry about Jersey! I have read your posts about her for a long time, even though I rarely comment on them. She had a great life with you. Binky free Jersey! (((Jerseygirl)))

• mijOok
                                Participant
                                177 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss jerseygirl! You’ve been having such a rough time, but you’ve given Jersey a great life and I hope you’re able to find peace with that.

{Binky free Jersey} <3

• bunnnnnnie!
                                  Participant
                                  1491 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry, condolences and good thoughts sent your way.  At least she didn’t suffer and she is pain free now.

• Dobby
                                    Participant
                                    254 posts Send Private Message

I am so very, very sorry.

• Stickerbunny
                                      Participant
                                      4128 posts Send Private Message

Oh no jersey I am so sorry.

• Roberta
                                        Participant
                                        4355 posts Send Private Message

Oh no…… I am so sorry……
                                          Binky Free little Jersey….

• Tessie
                                          Participant
                                          1231 posts Send Private Message

Such a sudden loss, I am so sad and so sorry.
                                            This must be very hard for you, we will be thinking of you Jerseygirl <3

• Deleted User
                                            Participant
                                            22064 posts Send Private Message

Oh Jersey, I am so so sorry. I can’t imagine your devastation. Thinking of you at this sad time.

• MimzMum
                                              Participant

Oh my God, Kate, I’m just seeing this…I am so very, very sorry….Binky free Jersey :'( :'( :'(
                                                Such a shock…I’m absolutely gutted for you.
                                                I’m here if you need to talk. ((((((((((Huge huge hugs for you))))))))))) xxxx
                                                http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=19855688

• Monkeybun
                                                Participant
                                                10479 posts Send Private Message

Oh no I’m so sorry, Kate!! She was such a doll, with attitude of course…

Binky free, Jersey. Watch over your Mama and Rumball from the other side of the Bridge…

*hugs*

• Sarita
                                                  Participant
                                                  18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! I just read this and I am so sad and so sad for you.

Big huge hugs to you. I just don’t know what else to say either.

• BinkyBunny
                                                    8776 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear this. I know the feeling of seeing something wrong and working out a vet visit but having my bunny pass suddenly before it could happen. This can leave a real deep loss, and even more tortureous, thoughts of what ifs. I hope the “what ifs” are not haunting you. Jersey couldn’t have had a better human in her life. There is no doubt she felt that all the way through to the end. I know your heart hurts deeply. Going through the grieving process is not easy. . Be sure to be extra kind to yourself right now. You are in our thoughts. Sending hugs and healing vibes to you

• Bam
                                                      16838 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss, Jerseygirl.

Binky free, sweet Jersey.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                        18092 posts Send Private Message

Jersey, I am so very, very sorry…if there were words to make things better and to take away your pain, I would write them here, but since there are not, I will just offer my most heartfelt condolences. I know Jersey was so very special to you. What a lucky bunny she was to have such love in her life.

May your happy days with her remain forever in your heart, until you are with her again.

(((((Binky Free Jersey))))) You will be forever loved.

If you need a shoulder or just to talk, feel free to message me. ((((( Hugs )))))

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=19858289

• jerseygirl

Thank you all xxx
                                                            Your support and beautiful messages mean so much.

I’m heartbroken and struggling to write atm. I just wanted to acknowledge the messages.
                                                            Can a FL please move this thread to the Bridge forum please?

• Rachel Anne
                                                            Participant
                                                            51 posts Send Private Message

I always enjoyed reading your posts and I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that she had a wonderful and happy life thanks to you. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

• Michelle&Lolli
                                                              Participant
                                                              2347 posts Send Private Message

I haven’t been around for quite a while, but I had to post. I am so very sorry for your loss. Binky free Jersey. (((Hugs)))

• MoveDiagonally
                                                                Participant
                                                                2361 posts Send Private Message

Oh no. I’m so sorry for your loss. :'(

(( Binky Free Jersey ))

• Sindri
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  1515 posts Send Private Message

I am sorry to hear your girl passed on. You are in my thoughts.

• longhairmike
                                                                    Participant
                                                                    1069 posts Send Private Message

i’m so sorry you lost your bun too.
                                                                      maybe Jersey and Usako will be nibbling together on the baseboards of the bridge.

• LBJ10
                                                                      16869 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! I noticed this thread had disappeared. I didn’t realize it had been moved here. I’m so very sorry Jerseygirl! This is just so sad. Do you know what happened?

• tanlover14
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        3617 posts Send Private Message

Oh no, Jersey.

I am SO sorry for your loss. <3 Binky Free Jersey!

My heart goes out to you so much Jersey. Feel free to message me if you need to talk, vent, or anything. You are a wonderful part of this forum and I know all of us will be here for you as you go through this really tough time. <3 <3

• sleepy538
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          246 posts Send Private Message

oh i’m so sorry jerseygirl.

• Beka27
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            16016 posts Send Private Message

JG….. I am so sorry. I can’t believe this.

Her memory will always live on through the other babies that come and go through your home and your heart.

She’s in good company with the other Binky Bunnies that we’ve all loved and still hold dear in our hearts.

Hugs to you, Kate.

(((Binky free, Jersey. Give Max some cuddles for me…)))

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                                              Participant
                                                                              12067 posts Send Private Message

Oh Kate I’m so so sorry!! I just saw this, I just can’t believe it! *hugs* Jersey was one of the first rabbits I really got to know on this forum and I’ve always enjoyed reading about her adventures and seeing her pictures. I can’t believe she’s gone. I think she would be surprised to know how many people are grieving for her all over the world, she was such a dear thing and we all loved her. I’m sending you lots of virtual hugs, and virtual tissues for your tears Kate.

{{{Binky Free Jersey}}}

• Rufus
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                334 posts Send Private Message

Oh my goodness I am so so very sorry to hear this. I know she will be missed so much. My condolences.
                                                                                  (((Binky free Jersey)))

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                  Participant

We’re here for you

• Baxter n Boos Mom
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                    394 posts Send Private Message

So very sorry for your loss. She was a lucky bun to have been so loved and fared for,

• Elrohwen
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                      7318 posts Send Private Message

I am so so sorry. Jersey has always been one of my favorite BinkyBunnies and this news is just heart breaking. Huge hugs for you and Rumball and the other buns. Binky free, Jersey!

• RabbitPam
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                        11002 posts Send Private Message

OMG, Kate, I am just seeing this now and I am so shocked! Sarita alerted us because I totally missed your post.
                                                                                          I can’t believe our Jersey is gone.
                                                                                          I can’t even think of something comforting to say, but email if you want to, please. I am so sorry. and I’m sorry for this delay.

• mrs. coach
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                          52 posts Send Private Message

So sorry for your loss.

• bunnnnnnie!
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                            1491 posts Send Private Message

Just sending you more healing vibes, if you need anything at all please let us know!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                              Moderator

Again, thank you for the condolences.

I’ve been a member here almost as long as I’ve had Jersey so I know many of you knew her from her very 1st year.
                                                                                                She turned six in October.

It’s strange here at home, adjusting to life without her. It’s been hard…
                                                                                                I desperately want to hold her again.
                                                                                                You’ll be glad to know Rumball is doing really well. Better then I thought he would. He had an opportunity to see her after she passed but I didn’t think he understood. However, he is coping quite well so that’s a relief.

I don’t know what happened.
                                                                                                I can only think something else major was going on & that’s what caused her to not want to eat in the first place. Not just gas or a blockage. Maybe her body couldn’t cope like it could in the past? I just cannot say.

I was doing the usual things to try give comfort & see if I could turn her appetite around. I did so before then after work. As I said, I thought she was starting to turn the corner after I’d come home. I had her on my lap for over an hour. She seemed content to stay put resting and absorbing the warmth from my body heat.

The decline was sudden. Her head would bob up then wobble, then she’d lie it on the side. She did this a few times over. Her ears felt like they were getting cooler also.

Having just nursed Maple through head-tilt, I started to wonder if I was seeing neurological signs of that. I started to warm a heat pack then went to set Jersey on the floor to see if she could stand. To watch her head motions. But she lay down and started take some breaths by the mouth & her gums looked pale. I scooped her up & knew I was losing her.
                                                                                                She went quickly and I hope without pain.

I know in hindsight that it was a gift to be holding her as she passed. At the time though, it was distressing. Feeling so helpless to stop it, desperate for her to stay.
                                                                                                I wonder now if she was having a stroke.

Jersey was my first rabbit and the one that is responsible for my love of all rabbits. She’ll always hold a very special place in my heart. I still remember the exact moment I saw her. This bright-eyed little thing in a pet store. She was the only one in with big, sleepy cashmere rabbits and big guinea pigs. They were all down one end and there she was, at the other end, periscoping and peering over the barricade. Beautiful bright brown eyes and a brain going on overdrive.
                                                                                                I couldn’t look away.
                                                                                                She was a spontaneous buy but the best decision. I don’t even want to imagine my life if I hadn’t known Jersey.

Binky Free my darling, darling girl. You are so loved. Always will be.

photo image_zps0e6e5c34.jpg

photo image_zpsd14b286e.jpg

photo image_zps65f17bef.jpg

These are the lastest snapshots I have. The sun was coming in the window, shining on her face.

• Bam
                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                16838 posts Send Private Message

Your words about Jersey is the most beautiful eulogy over a departed animal that I’ve ever read. I’m crying for you and Jersey. I don’t know you so well, I hope you’re not offended.

You gave her the best life and you were with her until the very end. She will be remembered. I’ll be lighting a candle for her tonight.

• NuggetBuns
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  348 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss Jerseygirl! I’m also crying after reading that she died in your arms, it must have been the hardest thing for you… but I’m glad she was so close to you when she crossed over.

Binky free Jersey!

• MimzMum
                                                                                                    Participant

I’m choking back sobs reading this. I am so very sorry, Kate. I know all too well how it is to lose a beloved pet in your arms, with no way to stop what is happening. (((((((((Massive hugs))))))))))
                                                                                                      I believe you are right, this sounds like a stroke and if so, yes it was quick and painless. You were there to give her comfort as she passed and she knew you loved her so.
                                                                                                      She was a beautiful girl. She will be deeply missed by us all. :'(
                                                                                                      You have been in my thoughts constantly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. xxxx

• Deleted User
                                                                                                      Participant

I too have tears running down my cheeks – how beautiful! I lost my 15 yo poodle whom I moved into my bedroom knowing it was his last days and he passed right under the window with the sun shining. I’m forever grateful for that (& I knew I was losing him) – and as sad as it is losing your Jersey, it must bring you comfort that you both had that time together and she passed knowing she was secure and loved in your arms. How wonderful (I hope that’s ok to say?). Ok, gotta go – I need a tissue…. Thinking of you still.

• AnnaW
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                        569 posts Send Private Message

I’m crying reading this too JerseyGirl, I know how much it hurts to lose your first bunny, the one responsible for your love of bunnykind. I’m so sorry for your loss, I think it sounds like a stroke too, and I know it is little consolation, but she would have been able to feel you holding her and the love pouring out of your heart onto her little body in her last moments.
                                                                                                          So sorry Jersey xxxxx

• LBJ10
                                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                                          16869 posts Send Private Message

I agree with the others about it probably being a stroke of some kind. If that is what it was, then there was probably not much you could have done anyway. Although heartbreaking, at least you can take comfort in the fact that it wasn’t anything you did wrong. I’m glad you were able to be with her and love her in her final moments. I’m sure she knew she was loved very much.

• Stickerbunny
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                            4128 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad you were with her at the end. I’m sure she took comfort from that. Those last photos are beautiful, remember her like that.

• Deleted User
                                                                                                              Participant

Sorry Jersey (Kate), in my previous post (as I was reading everyone else’s kind/beautiful words I noticed I typed ‘he’ not ‘she’). I have corrected this with the edit, but I know this isn’t good enough under the circumstances – I ‘know’ Jersey is a ‘she’, and my only excuse, I was very teary (crying) at the time and I hope you accept my apologies – I’m sure you have been reading the posts for comfort and support and don’t want you to think I was just ‘adding’ for the sake of it. I truly am devastated for your loss of Jersey, and hope that what I said in my previous post gives you some comfort. Maybe not now, but later… when you still want to cry, but you have no tears left – so the pain just sits inside till your ready (your tears refill) to cry again, then you can stop and smile and say – how beautiful! Jersey had a great life! How lucky was I? Jersey left me – from ‘my’ arms. Not now, but later, you will think back and you won’t be sad, you’ll smile.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                Participant

So glad you were able to be with her as she passed. Once again, I’m so sorry Jersey <3 <3

She will be zooming and binkying with all the other BB’ers where she’s going – don’t you worry about her!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                  Moderator

@AndHenry, no apology necessary. Honestly, don’t give it another thought.

I have some other pictures I took in November. I had intended to post them in the Lounge for Jerseys homecoming anniversary. Unfortunately I fell ill that weekend and then dragged my feet getting them up.
                                                                                                                    I may put them here later or in Dec pic thread.

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                    Participant

Such a gorgeous girl.. we will definitely miss her. I am glad Rumball is doing well. I’m glad you have him and Maple and Potamus and Gooseman, to keep your spirits up.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                      Moderator

Don’t forget Timbu!

Having them most definitely helps. I’m also easily remembering a lot things about Jersey that make me smile. I definitely had a good long time with her. We just want it to be forever of course!

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                        Participant

We really do… sometimes I think about this with Simba since we don’t know his true age and he’s been having so many respiratory problems that no one can seem to get him past… It’s so hard since we love them so much. You gave her a wonderful life, Jersey. And in the end it’s worth the heartbreak knowing if they weren’t with us they could have had much worse. <3 <3

Oy. I swear every time I come on this post I cry! I’m glad your spirits are up and you’re taking comfort from everybunny else though. You are just amazing with your rabbits and she is definitely binkying her heart out watching over you and the others up there in her Bunny Heaven! (if you believe in that of course!) If not, she’s still binkying around somewhere with all of the passed buns on BB. They’re probably all up there talking crap about us all… and what doofs of humans we were sometimes. LOLOLOLOL <3

• LongEaredLions
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                          4482 posts Send Private Message

I feel so horrible, binky free Jersey. I feel your pain, losing any bunny is hard, but your first, the one that inspired your love, the one that taught you so much, losing that one is especially hard. I, having gone through the exact same thing with Bella, feel for you. I feel like they somehow had a connection, they wanted to hop over together. It was just so similar. Our first bunny, the special one, six years old, they had some tummy troubles, but the suddenly passed in our arms. On the same day and everything. I feel like you are telling my story, its exactly the same. All I am saying is take comfort that you are not alone. Feel free to PM me like I did for you, that helped me a lot. (((hugs))) 
                                                                                                                            (((((Binky free Jersey and Bella)))))

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                            Participant

What a nice story about Jersey. She looks very precious in those pictures. You took such good care of her.

• Deleted User
                                                                                                                              Participant

You smiled! remembering/thinking about Jersey – how wonderful!

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                                Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 12/14/2013 02:08 AM

Don’t forget Timbu!

Having them most definitely helps. I’m also easily remembering a lot things about Jersey that make me smile. I definitely had a good long time with her. We just want it to be forever of course!

Whoops, forgot about little TimTim!! He must have been hiding from me I’m glad that you are smiling when thinking about Jersey, she was definitely a bunny to smile about

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                                                  18092 posts Send Private Message

Jersey was so beautiful. What a beautiful little angel she must be. She was a very special girl.

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

((((Hugs to you, JerseyGirl)))))

• GrumpyBun
                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                    643 posts Send Private Message

Oh, Kate. This is such sad news! Jersey was always a big favourite of mine among the binky bunny characters.

Your picture thread in the lounge is full of beautiful photos of your girl. I’m glad her memory is making you smile.

• Kbana
                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                      529 posts Send Private Message

I have been MIA lately and am just coming to this now. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that time and your other fluffbutts will continue to help heal you. I am soo soo sorry Jersey.

• Deleted User
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Sorry for your loss

Viewing 65 reply threads
                                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Some vibes for Jersey please?