Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE September pics

Viewing 24 posts - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    WallsOfGab
    Participant

I always love looking at these bun pics in here. <3 I'm usually a lurker, but I wanted to share pics of my bun being adorable in the car. I'm preparing him for leaping across the ocean, so he's been going with me on trips to Montreal! *Pavus is such a chill lil guy! He's either asleep or looking outside LOL

*edit: It’d help if I actually put his name in there ayy

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Love it, love it. Those pics made my day. Adorable! Thanks for unlurking for the moment.  That immense cuteness peaking out just melts my heart.

Hope your leap goes well.

LittlePuffyTail

Yeah, this thread is always a great pic me up. I’m babysitting right now (human kids), and my brain needs a break….lol. Thanks for cheering me up bunnies.  

Love the sunbeam bunny!!!! 

Really glad to hear about the newly bonded bunnies, Mike. 

Squee @ car bunny!!!!! 

And here’s the lovely Miss Elara Moon to cheer you up.  

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

@LPT – Legs for days…as you say. And that close up makes those ears look bionic! Like she is looking right at me and hearing me through the internet.

LittlePuffyTail

She sees into your soul…..lol

TheDuchess
    Participant

What a well behaved car bun! So much squee!

LPT, Elara’s paws look so perfectly poised for a pawdicure!

In other news, we closed on our house on Monday, so we are officially *MORTGAGE OWNERS* YAY DEBT!  But, it does mean that we now have the opportunity to expand the bunny family  These are the two boys that we will be first attempting with Ophelia.

MacGuyver, the handsome youngster

And little Dilbert, who I’ve had my eye on for a while! Poor guy has been in the rescue for a while, but they say he’s just the sweetest little love bug!

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Love both names, MacGuyver and Dilbert. Poor REW little bunnies. He does look like a sweetie. Good for you guys. And congrats on the DEBT (seriously congratulations on the house). Hope all of you have many many happy years there.

Dface
    Participant

REWs and black rabbits always seem to last ages in shelters 

I’ve had a pretty crummy day and have been feeling sorry for myself. Yumi (as always) did her best to help. The face in my sleeve so she can lick the palms of my hands is her go to comfort technique.

Bladesmith
    Participant

Pardon the woefully ignorant, but what’s a REW?

Sofia
    Participant

I don’t know for a fact but im going to guess it stands for Red Eyed White?

Sofia
    Participant

Btw congrats TheDutchess theyre beautiful

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Yes, REW, Red Eyed White. I actually learned that here myself from being a BB member. We had one, Icey, and I didn’t even know what REW was when people were talking about it and throwing the acronym around. But as I once read, “If you don’t know something, ask, you may feel like a fool for the moment, but you will be wise the rest of your life.” (Or something like that. Probably slaughtered the actual saying.)

@DFace – That is the most outstanding comfort technique. Adding in the visual element….just awwwwwwwwww!  There seems to be no end to these bunnies’ abilities to be and do the cutest things.  Thank goodness.

kurottabun
    Participant

Lovin’ the pics! xxx

Some sources say REW is short for Ruby Eyed White (instead of “Red”) because I guess having a gem in there makes it sound so much more precious!

DanaNM

Yay for both REW and black blobs!

If I had more space I would swoop up all the REWs and have a warren of white buns :p

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I read an article a while ago that black animals in general are more often passed over for adoption, because they aren’t as photogenic, and people are becoming more obsessed with posting them on social media. I remember when I adopted by own jet black blob, she was one of three black buns in the shelter, and there was also a whole litter of giant REW lops (that actually stayed and became pets to the shelter owner!). She isn’t photogenic, it’s true, but that is a crazy reason not to love her! Also I hate getting my picture taken too so I’m on her side with this lol

Dface
    Participant

TM-thats actually terrible. That social media is a driver in any adoption is awful! I probably wouldnt like a black bun, but thats only cause my couches and carpet are black/dark and i would live my life in terror (i have stood on my
    black dog so many times)

As for REWs I never realised how much people hate red eyes. I had a ruby eyed hedgehog too, and it was the same. People actually recoil from them! Its more evident with peep as his fur often covers his eyes until hes being petted. People have gone as far as to say hed be cute if it wasnt for his ‘disgusting’ eyes. And once they see his eyes they will refuse to touch him

The only thing I would say is that rews and albinos occasionally suffer with poor vision, and sometimes health issues so if that was someone’s reason to avoid adopting, at least thats more valid than just ‘wont lool good for insta’

LittlePuffyTail

Yumi is so adorable!!!

Big date night for Duchess!!! How exciting!

Bladesmith
    Participant

Boo, Gordo, thanks. I’m a little slow when it comes to acronyms, anymore.
    TM, that’s terrible! Black furbabies are awesome! Our Pyewacket, a slim black kitteh, is a gem. I’d adopt a black bunny in a hot second. (For once, the rabbit hair infesting my clothes might not show!)

Feh. I have no use for people who are so shallow as to reject a loving bun based on cosmetics. Ridiculous.

Q8bunny
    Participant

BB finally lets me in again, and there’s so much squeee that my heart aches ???

Floof vs chicken, car safety bun, ears for miles, handsome blob and sweet snoot… Must go hug Chewie again.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Dface that is appalling peep is a beaut

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Breintje is so precious…his little ears folded up so tight. I’m sure you’ve gone over this before but if you wouldn’t mine indulging me. How do you pronounce Breintje…can you type it out phonetically?

I’ll give it a go, but the diphtong {ei} sound is only found in the Dutch language. Our German neighbours have it too, but they pronounce it like {ai}.
    The word is made up of two parts: Brein which means brain, and the diminutive “-tje”. In Dutch we use a diminutive to make something sound cute, just like the Japanese use “chan”. The “e” at the end of the diminutive is a semi-silent letter which is pronounced as “uh”.

Breintje is pronounced as br{ei}n-tjuh, and it means “little brainy one”.

Google translate has a pronunciation which aproaches it somewhat. If you press the “listen” button on the left side you can hear the Dutch pronunciation. They roll the “r” way too much, but at least you can hear the proper sound of the {ei}:

https://translate.google.nl/#nl/en/Breintje

Q8bunny
    Participant

Pint sized adorable!

Viewing 24 posts - 101 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.