Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE September Chat

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
    • Q8bunny
      Participant
      6345 posts Send Private Message

Chewie’s soft tummy, Podge’s darling floofs, Olaf minus nose/ears/socks

• Hazel
        Participant
        2587 posts Send Private Message

Oscar, Podge, Chewie, Apollo, Olaf and of course, Sterling, Pippi and Bindi!

Az: I was trying to go by whisker spots too, and then decided that the left hand kitten’s feet were too dark. I think I was right!  That last picture is so cute! He’s a ham. 

Tony’s Mum: (replying to August thread) Thanks! We hit a bit of a snag, we tried Zevia soda (which is supposed to have no effect on your blood sugar) as well as some low carb shakes. Nearly got kicked out of ketosis and weight loss stalled. Not sure if it was the soda or the shakes or both, but after cutting them out for the last few days we’re back on track, the hubby is down another whopping 4 lbs, and I lost almost one. How is Slimming World working for you? I don’t know anything about it, I hope it gives you results! 

• Rain
          Participant
          547 posts Send Private Message

Rains tummy, Sterling, Olaf, and Bindi

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy!
              Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze!

OMG it’s September! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• joea64
              Participant
              1423 posts Send Private Message

Fernando, (parts of) Panda, Podge and Chewie, Olaf, Apollo, Sterling and Bindi!

Wet weekend here in metro Washington DC. Thunderstorm here this morning, which didn’t seem to faze the two any (they were of course safe and dry inside so could flip their ears dismissively at it), and it’s raining again now. Just cleaned the buns’ condo cage as I do every Saturday afternoon; they’re taking their usual late-afternoon nap in the litterbox now.

• Q8bunny
                Participant

Of course. Because why wrinkle those nice fleece blankets MEANT for napping?

• Sofia
                  Participant
                  348 posts Send Private Message

Chewie, Lily and Olaf
                    Just hearing the word September makes me shudder

• Tony's Mum
                    Participant
                    431 posts Send Private Message

HAXELazel; slimming world is very easy to follow but I’ve been pretty bad about it regardless, although I have lost a few pounds in.the last two weeks. Joke’s on me though, I went for a date night with himself and got food poisoning. That’s what I get for cheating on my diet! Although I reckon I was so sick I might have lost another few pounds…

I love September! Back to my comfy jeans and boots and jumpers. I miss them when it’s warm (and holy mackerel it has been WARM).I know it means back to school but I kinda like school…

• Muj Mom N Bun
                      Participant
                      352 posts Send Private Message

I’m late to the party…. I keep forgetting it’s september so badly, I went on August’s chat thread!??‍♀️ Somebunny order me some coffee with a side of a calendar please!

• Muj Mom N Bun
                        Participant

Back to school… my son was checking the mailbox 3x a day for 2 weeks for his schedule so he could see how his classes were lined up for the semester… he is such a fellow nerd/geek! Sniffle…sniffle…sob…sob…I’ve done well! ? Momma’s young man!

• Azerane
                          4688 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit! I’m feeling lazy

Happy Spring!! I’m so excited.

@Hazel, I got another group pic but haven’t yet taken the time to work out which one he is.

@Hazel and Tony’s Mum: You guys should get the health and fitness thread back up and running. I’ve just started properly keeping track of my diet to try and lose weight. I’ve put on a bit over the past 6 months and am really unhappy about it so doing something about it. Monitoring my intake and such. It’s hard to not just eat what I want, when I want. I’m so used to doing that for so long.

• Tony's Mum
                            Participant

That’s a good idea! And I know how you feel Az. I was always on my feet for work so I hadn’t to watcg my diet much, but now I have a desk job ?

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                              Participant
                              2512 posts Send Private Message

@Muj Mom: no satisfaction like a job well done ^_^ I always like it a lot when people are orderly with their agendas and punctual

Yay, after nearly 2 weeks of cooking on a small electric plate I can finally use my stove again! We often had a weird smell in the kitchen, but it was very faint. After sniffing around like 2 crazy bunnies we found out that it came from the back of the stove. I thought the problem was in the gas hose and bought a new one. While I was looking up instructions to change it safely, I came across a product warning from the manufacturer. Turns out that they found a safety problem with certain types of stoves sold between 2006 and 2011. Many of our friends bought the same type around that time, because we were roughly the same age when we went to uni.

The manufacturer has a free repair service, so a repairman was here today. While he was exchanging the faulty part it broke off and shattered 0_o

• Hazel
                                Participant

Posted By Tony’s Mum on 9/02/2018 2:07 PM

Although I reckon I was so sick I might have lost another few pounds… 

Well, whatever works!  Seriously though, I’m sorry you got sick, food poisoning is the worst.  Having a desk job at least gives you an excuse for a few extra pounds, I’m on my feet all day at work and I’m still fat… 

Az: You gotta post the other group picture! I’m on a roll  I tried to get the fitness thread going back when we started our diet, it didn’t quite take off though.  Maybe you, me and Tony’s Mum can bring it back to life! 

Ellie: Dang, I’m glad you got it taken care of before things got worse. I can’t believe it just broke off… 

• Tony's Mum
                                  Participant

The worst part was being in the gorgeous, expensive, romantic hotel room toilet at 5am being sick while my boyfriend heard EVERYTHING. it was NOT what I had planned. Luckily we’ve known each other a few years now so we’re comfortable enough to be able to laugh about it, but I am SO embarrassed.

Ellie; good thing you noticed the recall/warranty!

• Q8bunny
                                    Participant

Ellie, that IS a good outcome. I used to have a gas stove in Kuwait, and as much as I prefer to cook on a gas range, I do remember the red flags that pop up at the slightest whiff of the stuff.

• joea64
                                      Participant

I have a gas stove/range too. After four-and-a-half-plus years, I see why professional chefs generally prefer gas, but I’m always still a little nervous about having an open flame going. And I can’t really use the oven during heat waves, because with the building’s A/C already stressed it sends the temperartures in my unit up and I have to be real, real careful to monitor the buns to keep them from overheating.

Participant

Many people in NL cook on gas because we discovered a major natural gas field in our country. We have a large network of gas pipes and most of us don’t have to deal with gas cylinders unless you live in the middle of nowhere. We use gas for cooking, heating and hot water. Most stoves have gas for cooking combined with an electric oven. I prefer gas for cooking because you don’t have to use heavy pans (like with induction cooking), and you can easily control temperatures. I like Asian cooking and it’s difficult to use a wok on an electric plate.

Many new homes are built with electric stoves only because the drilling for gas is causing major problems. There are many earthquakes in the north nowadays, so the government decided that we should switch to other sources. I really wonder what our infrastructure is going to look like in 30 years, because this new style of building puts more demands on the electric infrastructure. You’ll get massive spikes when everyone comes home to cook dinner etc.

• Q8bunny
                                          Participant

Earthquakes?! Sounds like a chilling sci-fi movie… I often wondered this summer at how much we’ve managed to alter our world, because we had tropical weather for most of it where I live: heat worthy of Kuwait, monsoon rain for days on end, and almost consistently very high humidity (between 60-95% most days). And this is Canada! Where I remember getting through summer in denim overalls and a light sweater.

• joea64
                                            Participant

Washington, DC, has always had hot, humid summers, so I can’t say I’ve noticed any real difference in recent years.  British diplomats used to classify it as a tropical/hardship posting because of its nasty summer climate, you know. We’ve been going through another heatwave this week (near-daily thunderstorms haven’t done much to relieve it for once), but it’s supposed to get WAY cooler this weekend, though I’ll believe that when I see it.

• Muj Mom N Bun
                                              Participant

As dangerous as gas is, I am an avid cook, baker and major foodie… and I will never move anywhere that has a kitchen that has an electric range! Hate it! I rather cook on an open fire, and have opted to do so, we are talking wood, before using electric plates/ranges/burners/ovens! I’m sure induction plates have made some improvements to electric coil stovetop burners but I’ve never seen a convection oven turn out a decent product yet! I have gone and catered people parties in their homes with these expensive ovens that I could only afford to use in a lifetime under that one type of situation and the outcome made me want to go home to my little poor mans gas range with it’s hot spots and all??? and hug and kiss it! With that said, I certainly would love an upgrade to my old gas range!!!! (Secret msg to landlord implanted here)

I hear you all about the diet and exercise… I’m on that train myself… looking forward to sharing the ride…

Thanks for being a wonderful bunny family!!!

• Asriel and Bombur
                                                Participant
                                                1104 posts Send Private Message

Major foodie and cook here too! Not so much a baker… there’s way too much precision involved. I used to be a gas snob and loved cooking on gas because obviously the electric coils heat everything so unevenly. But I stayed with a friend a few years ago that had a very modern electric range that was basically just a flat top. That was so nice to cook on. I’ve never made better tasting food.

Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 9/05/2018 7:49 AM

Earthquakes?! Sounds like a chilling sci-fi movie… I often wondered this summer at how much we’ve managed to alter our world, because we had tropical weather for most of it where I live: heat worthy of Kuwait, monsoon rain for days on end, and almost consistently very high humidity (between 60-95% most days). And this is Canada! Where I remember getting through summer in denim overalls and a light sweater.

They’re not extremely heavy, most are between 2 and 3 on the Richter scale. It’s clearly related to the gas field, because the earthquakes are moving southwards along with the new drill sites. Even though the quakes are relatively small, they cause a lot of damage to many houses in the Groningen area. There are many reports of large cracks in stone walls, and the property value plummets. 

Houses are very expensive in NL because they’re used as an addition to your pension. Savings are heavily taxed here, so people will put their money into their house or other real estate. Many elderly people sell their house and use the profit to live comfortably in a smaller age-appropriate apartment. Changes in property value will leave people who worked for it all their lives with only a small pension.

• Q8bunny
                                                    Participant

I’ve never heard of savings being taxed… it’s sad that all these elderly folk are paying the price of the gas peeps’ profits.

Participant

There’s a tax on savings over €30000, and it’s based on a hypothetical yield of 4%. Yeah, nobody gets that kind of yield anymore in today’s market, and €30000 is not exactly a proper pension. There are plans to lower those taxes because hardly anybody puts their money in savings, we don’t have a lot of money directly available when stuff hits the fan.

• LBJ10

Do you not have tax-free retirement accounts there Ellie?

Participant

In NL your employer puts a certain percentage of your wages into a pension fund, this lowers your “fiscal income”. You can put money aside as an annuity, which you can withdraw from your income taxes in some scenarios.
                                                            Luckily the government is going to change the tax system so that people can put more into savings, because many people don’t have the recommended financial buffer.

• Hazel
                                                            Participant

Looks like Florence is determined to pay a visit…

Participant

That’s so scary, I hope you and other East Coast folks will be safe!

• Azerane

@Hazel, I’ll have to dig up the group kitty pic another time. I’m supposed to be in bed right now!

In exciting news though, tomorrow we get to visit our new little kitten. There will be lots of pictures to show I’m sure He had his first vaccination last week so we are allowed to visit this week. I’m so excited I’ll have to try and get a closer estimate of when we get to bring him home. He still needs another vax and to be neutered, so at least 2 more weeks to go. If I remember right, when we got Jasiri they said girls can go home 1 week after spay, and sometimes next day after neuter for boys. He’s 10 weeks this week.

• Hazel
                                                                  Participant

Posted By Azerane on 9/12/2018 6:55 AM

I’m supposed to be in bed right now! 

I don’t accept that as a valid excuse!  Can’t wait for new kitten pictures!

Ellie: Thanks. So far it looks like we’ll be fine, unless it changes direction. I hope everyone who’s in the danger zone gets out safely.

• Bam
                                                                    16871 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Azerane on 9/12/2018 6:55 AM

@Hazel
                                                                      , I’ll have to dig up the group kitty pic another time. I’m supposed to be in bed right now!

In exciting news though, tomorrow we get to visit our new little kitten. There will be lots of pictures to show I’m sure He had his first vaccination last week so we are allowed to visit this week. I’m so excited I’ll have to try and get a closer estimate of when we get to bring him home. He still needs another vax and to be neutered, so at least 2 more weeks to go. If I remember right, when we got Jasiri they said girls can go home 1 week after spay, and sometimes next day after neuter for boys. He’s 10 weeks this week.

Squee! A new kitten! Yay! 

• Azerane

Went to visit our little kitten today. I have one usable photo, lol. It was their first day out of the kitten room so they were absolutely insane  He did not want to be held and was 110% a wriggly, wormy monster. Still, we got to play and before we left I did get a quick cuddle where he sat still for about 60 seconds, haha.

Here’s the breeder’s pic of all four from a couple of weeks ago.  I think he is top right, maybe bottom left. Would have to study it more.

And here’s my boy today <3 He is so beautiful. His black markings are really dark which means when his colours lighten up he should be a really rich colour. We get to bring him home in about 3 weeks. So excited I’m a little sad that I only got one pic but he just wasn’t in the mood. Hubby didn’t come with because he was really unwell today so I didn’t get a pic of me holding him either. Photo is coming across with a green tinge, can’t figure out why without looking like the orange is overdone in photoshop.

I also got to say hello to Jasiri’s brother and sister from the same litter as her. Her sister is quite a bit smaller and has a different look in the face about her. Her brother is just divine, really beautiful cat, a little bigger than Jasiri.

Jasiri was very excited when I got home and sniffed me all over, I think she enjoyed smelling the other cats and seemed excited and even licked my arms while smelling them. She’s going to love having a brother

And back to rabbits I can see from where I’m sitting, Apollo seems to have some poop stuck in his fur above his tail, lol. 

• Bam
                                                                        Moderator
                                                                        16871 posts Send Private Message

Azerane, I’m not sure I’ll ever get over those pics! They are so perfect! Made me think of this:

Of course we still worship cats 

• Vienna Blue in France
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          5317 posts Send Private Message

Az. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tony's Mum
                                                                            Participant

?

Participant

@Hazel: Hope that everything is more or less okay where you are.

@Azerane: Too adorable! I hope that they’ll all like eachother a lot ^_^ (Totally not hinting on snuggle-pics here)

Participant

The complete and full trust of a bunny is so precious… Breintje snuggled up to me yesterday evening, buried his nose in the space between my pyjamas and the couch and promptly fell into a deep REM sleep. Complete with twitches and all, it was so cute to watch! Then he awoke, gave me lots of loving licks and nodded off into deep sleep again. Not having the heart to stand up, I fell asleep on the couch as well.

• MoxieMeadows
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                  5375 posts Send Private Message

How is everyone? I need the rundown on everything I have missed and new things lol

• LBJ10
                                                                                    Moderator

Hi Moxie!!! OMG, where do I begin? LOL

• Sofia
                                                                                      Participant

I have some very big news. So I was sitting beside boo going on my phone, and out of nowhere she just.. FLOPPED. Like proper on her side full on FLOP. of course I ruined it by trying to get a picture, and she got up and went away ? but this is a very big deal for us, as I think this is only the second time I’ve ever seen her flop. Sorry if it’s a bit random I just got really excited by it

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                        703 posts Send Private Message

Well when you see it all the time…it’s just so precious and darling but not a huge deal. But if you see it rarely…it’s like spotting a unicorn. Phenomenally magnificent! So I understand and congrats on the second capture of such a moment.

It’s so unique how they do it…foot tuck, head starts the roll, body follows, and…..collapse! In one smooth motion. Always loved it.

• Tony's Mum
                                                                                          Participant

That’s adorable Boo!

• ThorBunny
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                            824 posts Send Private Message

Adora-boo

• Sofia
                                                                                              Participant

Thorbunny wow that’s genius!! Going to change boos Instagram bio to that, hope you don’t mind me stealing the idea ?

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                Participant

@I’m with Boo – I must apologize. My comment earlier, after rereading, sounds a little snooty. I didn’t mean it that way if that is the way it comes across. I just meant that it was something I took for granted. Shouldn’t have. Because it is such a beautiful thing. Hopefully as time goes on you will experience it more. I do miss it.

• Sofia
                                                                                                  Participant

No worries! I definitely didn’t take it that way! I know that a lot of buns are always flopping and always very comfortable, it would make sense that people with those buns would find my excitement a little strange. Boo is simply not that bunny, and it makes my heart so full to see it as I know it’s an act caused by pure happiness. Once again you’ve nothing to worry about, it was kind of the answer I was expecting anyways ?

• Muj Mom N Bun
                                                                                                    Participant

To be honest, I am now approaching having BunBun for a full YEAR this October… I can’t believe it, and she flops daily, all the time, she just is a happy bunny… I mean I still have some areas to work on with her… nails, basics of need to be picked up once in a while and then I promise to give you a treat and leave you alone…. but I still sit and adore watching her when she goes straight into a full flop! And my son and I both stop what we are doing and go… awwwww … when she just stops… drops… and flops…. !!! Pure bunny cuteness! It doesn’t get old or stale! Or dry! So keep on enjoying it and keep it coming Boo!

• ThorBunny
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                      824 posts Send Private Message

@I’m with Boo – No worries, I love puns

I also have a soft spot for the name, we briefly had a bun living with us named Boo, but we were unable to bond him with Thor so he had to find another home (he’s living with a wonderful woman now with free roam of a home ) He was a lovely bunny.

And yes, all the flops! Thor flops daily and I still stop and watch every time

• Q8bunny
                                                                                                        Participant

To be honest, my unicorns are the epically failed flops. The “mission abort!” ones or the overenthusiastic ones where Chewie ends up looking like a flipped over beetle.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                          Participant

@Q8 – Lol….would pay dearly to see some of those.

• Q8bunny
                                                                                                            Participant

Yesss! New source of income: check!

Seriously though, whenever I see him do it, my brain turns to mashed potatoes from the cuteness, and I never reach for my camera. Doh!

Viewing 51 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE September Chat