Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE September Chat

This topic contains 51sd replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Q8bunny 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author

LBJ10

Do you not have tax-free retirement accounts there Ellie?

In NL your employer puts a certain percentage of your wages into a pension fund, this lowers your “fiscal income”. You can put money aside as an annuity, which you can withdraw from your income taxes in some scenarios.
    Luckily the government is going to change the tax system so that people can put more into savings, because many people don’t have the recommended financial buffer.

Hazel
    Participant

Looks like Florence is determined to pay a visit…

That’s so scary, I hope you and other East Coast folks will be safe!

Azerane

@hazel, I’ll have to dig up the group kitty pic another time. I’m supposed to be in bed right now!

In exciting news though, tomorrow we get to visit our new little kitten. There will be lots of pictures to show I’m sure He had his first vaccination last week so we are allowed to visit this week. I’m so excited I’ll have to try and get a closer estimate of when we get to bring him home. He still needs another vax and to be neutered, so at least 2 more weeks to go. If I remember right, when we got Jasiri they said girls can go home 1 week after spay, and sometimes next day after neuter for boys. He’s 10 weeks this week.

Hazel
    Participant

Posted By Azerane on 9/12/2018 6:55 AM

I’m supposed to be in bed right now! 

I don’t accept that as a valid excuse!  Can’t wait for new kitten pictures!

Ellie: Thanks. So far it looks like we’ll be fine, unless it changes direction. I hope everyone who’s in the danger zone gets out safely.

Bam

Posted By Azerane on 9/12/2018 6:55 AM

@hazel, I’ll have to dig up the group kitty pic another time. I’m supposed to be in bed right now!

In exciting news though, tomorrow we get to visit our new little kitten. There will be lots of pictures to show I’m sure He had his first vaccination last week so we are allowed to visit this week. I’m so excited I’ll have to try and get a closer estimate of when we get to bring him home. He still needs another vax and to be neutered, so at least 2 more weeks to go. If I remember right, when we got Jasiri they said girls can go home 1 week after spay, and sometimes next day after neuter for boys. He’s 10 weeks this week.

Squee! A new kitten! Yay! 

Azerane

Went to visit our little kitten today. I have one usable photo, lol. It was their first day out of the kitten room so they were absolutely insane  He did not want to be held and was 110% a wriggly, wormy monster. Still, we got to play and before we left I did get a quick cuddle where he sat still for about 60 seconds, haha.

Here’s the breeder’s pic of all four from a couple of weeks ago.  I think he is top right, maybe bottom left. Would have to study it more.

And here’s my boy today <3 He is so beautiful. His black markings are really dark which means when his colours lighten up he should be a really rich colour. We get to bring him home in about 3 weeks. So excited I’m a little sad that I only got one pic but he just wasn’t in the mood. Hubby didn’t come with because he was really unwell today so I didn’t get a pic of me holding him either. Photo is coming across with a green tinge, can’t figure out why without looking like the orange is overdone in photoshop.

I also got to say hello to Jasiri’s brother and sister from the same litter as her. Her sister is quite a bit smaller and has a different look in the face about her. Her brother is just divine, really beautiful cat, a little bigger than Jasiri.

Jasiri was very excited when I got home and sniffed me all over, I think she enjoyed smelling the other cats and seemed excited and even licked my arms while smelling them. She’s going to love having a brother

And back to rabbits I can see from where I’m sitting, Apollo seems to have some poop stuck in his fur above his tail, lol. 

Bam

Azerane, I’m not sure I’ll ever get over those pics! They are so perfect! Made me think of this:

Of course we still worship cats 

Az. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

?

@hazel: Hope that everything is more or less okay where you are.

@azerane: Too adorable! I hope that they’ll all like eachother a lot ^_^ (Totally not hinting on snuggle-pics here)

The complete and full trust of a bunny is so precious… Breintje snuggled up to me yesterday evening, buried his nose in the space between my pyjamas and the couch and promptly fell into a deep REM sleep. Complete with twitches and all, it was so cute to watch! Then he awoke, gave me lots of loving licks and nodded off into deep sleep again. Not having the heart to stand up, I fell asleep on the couch as well.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

How is everyone? I need the rundown on everything I have missed and new things lol

LBJ10

Hi Moxie!!! OMG, where do I begin? LOL

Sofia
    Participant

I have some very big news. So I was sitting beside boo going on my phone, and out of nowhere she just.. FLOPPED. Like proper on her side full on FLOP. of course I ruined it by trying to get a picture, and she got up and went away ? but this is a very big deal for us, as I think this is only the second time I’ve ever seen her flop. Sorry if it’s a bit random I just got really excited by it

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Well when you see it all the time…it’s just so precious and darling but not a huge deal. But if you see it rarely…it’s like spotting a unicorn. Phenomenally magnificent! So I understand and congrats on the second capture of such a moment.

It’s so unique how they do it…foot tuck, head starts the roll, body follows, and…..collapse! In one smooth motion. Always loved it.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

That’s adorable Boo!

ThorBunny
    Participant

Adora-boo

Sofia
    Participant

Thorbunny wow that’s genius!! Going to change boos Instagram bio to that, hope you don’t mind me stealing the idea ?

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

@i‘m with Boo – I must apologize. My comment earlier, after rereading, sounds a little snooty. I didn’t mean it that way if that is the way it comes across. I just meant that it was something I took for granted. Shouldn’t have. Because it is such a beautiful thing. Hopefully as time goes on you will experience it more. I do miss it.

Sofia
    Participant

No worries! I definitely didn’t take it that way! I know that a lot of buns are always flopping and always very comfortable, it would make sense that people with those buns would find my excitement a little strange. Boo is simply not that bunny, and it makes my heart so full to see it as I know it’s an act caused by pure happiness. Once again you’ve nothing to worry about, it was kind of the answer I was expecting anyways ?

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

To be honest, I am now approaching having BunBun for a full YEAR this October… I can’t believe it, and she flops daily, all the time, she just is a happy bunny… I mean I still have some areas to work on with her… nails, basics of need to be picked up once in a while and then I promise to give you a treat and leave you alone…. but I still sit and adore watching her when she goes straight into a full flop! And my son and I both stop what we are doing and go… awwwww … when she just stops… drops… and flops…. !!! Pure bunny cuteness! It doesn’t get old or stale! Or dry! So keep on enjoying it and keep it coming Boo!

ThorBunny
    Participant

@i‘m with Boo – No worries, I love puns

I also have a soft spot for the name, we briefly had a bun living with us named Boo, but we were unable to bond him with Thor so he had to find another home (he’s living with a wonderful woman now with free roam of a home ) He was a lovely bunny.

And yes, all the flops! Thor flops daily and I still stop and watch every time

Q8bunny
    Participant

To be honest, my unicorns are the epically failed flops. The “mission abort!” ones or the overenthusiastic ones where Chewie ends up looking like a flipped over beetle.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.