Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forum THE LOUNGE September Chat

Viewing 219 reply threads
  • Author
    • MissGabbster
      Participant
      718 posts Send Private Message

Just realized that it’s September 1st! Where the heck is this year going!?

• So Fluffy Bunny
      Participant
      120 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know Miss Gabbster. I do know that this month is going to be hectic since I have several birthdays within the family that needs to be done. Plus planning the surprise for my Other half for his birthday this month.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant
      170 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering the same thing last night! It seems like just yesterday was January…yet when every time I look at my phone it says September 1st! In 2 more months I graduate and get to start job hunting ?. And midterm are in two weeks…yep, time to start panicking ?

• Bam
      14054 posts Send Private Message

I hope September will be a lovely month full of wild mushrooms and apples.

• The Law Bun
      Participant
      182 posts Send Private Message

Happy September everyone!! Time sure is flying by! I had some WONDERFUL news this week, I PASSED the bar exam. I have been so stressed the past four weeks waiting on the results, but I actually did really well. Now theres no real obstacle between me and the real world.

Hazel- I saw from the previous month but I really really hope Oscar is doing well and getting back to normal. Glad to see he is making some improvements!

ABeautifulhope- job hunting is the fun part! Possibilities can be so endless . And don’t stress too much over midterms haha, two weeks is plenty of time.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

The Law Bun- Congratulations!!! You must have a load off of your shoulders now Job hunting will be fun, it’s after I GET the job and have to adjust to working at least one 48 a week with very, very little sleep while on shift that I’m not looking forward to ?

• The Law Bun
      Participant

Aren’t you doing EMS stuff? You do a 48, but then you get like 72 off . Think of all of the activities. Video games galore with a side of netflix.

• tori rose
      Participant
      88 posts Send Private Message

I thought I’d hop on the new month chat if that’s okay! I still thought it was august until I saw this- I second the year flying by. I won’t lie, I started decorating for Halloween last week though. I love fall D:

Congratulations the law bun! I’d probably lose all my hair from anxiety just waiting a whole month for results I’m sure lol

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

The Law Bun, I do get a 72 off, but for me that means I get to nanny and work horses and dogs for those 72 hours! I’m not complaining about the working of horses and dogs, but as much as I love my little brother he is QUITE the handful ? (my mom homeschools my siblings, and I’m the only one that is out of school and works a job that isn’t a 9-5 and can help keep the two year old occupied while she helps the 14 year old and six year old with school) Last week I took him out for a special ‘LaLo and Will time’ (normally I have him and my 6 year old little sister, and sometimes the 14 year old if she’s done with school for the day) and we ran around our VERY hilly downtown area for 2 hours looking for ‘Opi Prime’ and ‘Bumblebee’…and then we went to the park for an hour, and beforehand we were at the pet store looking at turtles and bearded dragons for an hour and a half. I have never been so happy to get that kid down for a nap in my life ??? During lunch he had quite the meltdown because he decided they were taking too long to cook his pizza ?

tori rose, Fall is wonderful! Although it hit 100 today and I’m just not feeling the whole ‘fall’ vibe yet…I can’t wait till I can work horses in the daylight without risking heatstroke to either me or the horse (I don’t think I’ve worked my horses for more than 20 minutes at a time all summer thanks to the heat!) because working under the night sky is getting AWFUL old real quick ?

• The Law Bun
      Participant

LaLo and Will? Is that a child’s tv show lol? I have no young people around me anymore so I’m pretty out of touch. But that said, riding horses is pretty badass!

• tori rose
      Participant

I don’t think I’d feel very festive with that weather either. I was at a friend’s next door neighbors horse barn for a couple of summers for a little horse entry type of riding and caretaking lessons with my small kids and we all loved it but any humid and hot days felt more like torture for everyone.

Labor day weekend will be kid free thanks to my dad wanting to take them camping, there was a wedding to go to but I’m going to pass on it since I don’t really know them at all. My husband is going to play video games the entire time I’m sure lol, not sure what I’ll get done yet but I really hope I make time to craft and don’t fall into a lazy netflix coma with honey lemon and my pups:p maybe I’ll start on my halloween costume so it’s not last second this year.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Law Bun, ???. No ‘LaLo’ is what Will (my brother) calls me ? (my name is Lauren but most of my family calls me Lo). And I definitely agree that riding IS pretty badass ??. Especially when you’re soaring through the air over your rescue mare’s ears.

Tori Rose, humid and hot days are torture. My round pen is in full sun, I live in Northern Cali so it doesn’t get humid but if you’re in the sun it can easily get 115+ ?. I have darker colored horses so I have to be SUPER careful they don’t overheat. And lazy Netflix comas are the best, as is having a few days kidless!!!

• LBJ10
      14030 posts Send Private Message

Wow, I feel like I missed so much! We were in Colorado for a few days and now it’s September! =O

OMG, we did so much hiking in RMNP and we drove almost the entire length of Trail Ridge Rd to see some moose……. and we didn’t see any. =\ I really need to get a hiking pole one of these days. It would help me on the trails since I get tremors in my legs sometimes. We made it up to several locations though, including Gem Lake which is on park property but you have to enter the trail through private property. Anyway, it’s good to be home. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Law Bun – Congrats!

And ABR – Wow, I can’t imagine working hours like that.

• The Law Bun
      Participant

Yea, sadly I never see myself ever riding horses. My best friend has 2, but for men atleast, seems REALLy painful lol . either way best of luck job hunting and being about to go #netflixcomalife

Edit: Also 48 hours at a time with little sleep also seems terrible haha. 

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

*Hiss* *Hiss* IT’S FALL AND FALL MEANS WINTER AND THAT MEANS SO MUCH SNOW AND BEING SO COLD!! *Hiss* *Hiss*

I am not ready for fall. I feel like we have had no summer! Although fall means birthdays, parties and holidays (thanksgiving woop woop) it also means that winter is creeping forward. Soon we are going to be burried under 5 feet of snow and be in the negative degrees. It means tending to wood stoves all night, stacking wood and chopping and splitting wood. I can already feel the fall “nip” in the morning and evening air, and see the tinge of color on the leaves.

Now I do actually like fall, and sometimes winter, but we’ve had a pretty mild summer this year so I don’t feel like it should be fall yet, so I’m just not ready. I still want to be able to hike with my dogs and stuff ya know? And poor snickers, she HATES the snow lol!

Okay I’m gonna stop complaining now. Because fall really is beautiful!

• rayray
      Participant
      376 posts Send Private Message

I think everyone is in shock it’s already September. My evil bestie keeps sending me this Christmas Countdown. lol! I’m actually one of those weird people that dislikes summer. But that’s probably because of where I live. Our weather in Manitoba is extreme to say the least. +40 in the summer, -40 in the winter. That and I don’t handle heat well is a bad combination. I prefer winter. It’s an excuse to be lazy and I find it easy to warm up than to cool down.
      Bring on the yoga pants, sweatshirts, Netflix and hot choco (with bailey’s of course)!! lol!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

LBJ10, That sounds like a fun vacation! I have a love/hate relationship with hiking…Hate it while it’s happening, love it once I’m back home. ?…but that could be because I always overestimate how much hiking my body can handle and pick these insane 16 mile hikes straight up the mountain side (like we free climb a bit of it) and only give us like 3 hours to get it done in!
      Oh yeah, I’m not looking forward to those hours all that much…but I have really bad insomnia and can stay up 36 hours without much of a hitch, and if you add in a Monster or Red Bull I’ve been known to keep going for 3/4 days no problem, I just lose my filter a bit (which, tbh, is really hysterical…my poor partner. lol).

Law Bun, I used to give lessons to a couple of autistic boys and when they wouldn’t listen or behave they quickly found out that I would hide the saddle and they would be forced to ride the horses bareback ? It only took once or twice of me doing that before they’d behave themselves ???

MoxieMeadows, I used to live somewhere where we MIGHT POSSIBLY get like 2 feet of snow and I thought the sky was falling every time that would happen…BUT FIVE FEET!?! AND NEGATIVE DEGREES??? I’ve never even experienced single digit weather and I am QUITE happy about that…your winters sound horrendous ? Out here winter just means either a) really nice, beautiful weather or b) rain coming out your wazoo. I really hope this year is the latter because we NEED the rain. Basically all of my friends are in the fire service and I have one (his wife is pregnant with their first as well) who’s been out on a strike team for two months without coming home…I have a lot of other friends in the same predicament thanks to all of the fires right now because of this dang drought.

rayray, I know I’m in shock that it’s already September! And those temps ? We get to 115*F (so a little over 46*C) during parts of the year, but never below like 20*F (-6*C) during the winter (and that’s a kind of day where everyone is home in front of their wood stoves barely moving. lol)…those winters sound just insane ??? I grew up in the Charleston, SC area so I can handle heat…but cold? Not so much ?

• Hazel
      Participant
      1900 posts Send Private Message

LB: Thanks, he’s all better now. Thanks everyone, for the vibes. Our cat Lily could tell he was sick. I was hoping it would make her want to be nice to him and make him feel better, but the opposite was the case. It seems like when she senses weakness in one of our other pets, it makes her want to start something with them. She knows she’s not supposed to chase him and usually she’s pretty good about it, but that day she wouldn’t stop messing with him.

abeautifulhope: Since you’re experienced with horses, I want to ask for some advice. The hubby and I went on a trail ride a couple of weeks ago, it was our first time riding horses. It was for beginners, walking in single file the whole time. And while I enjoyed it a ton, after a while I got a little bored. So I did some trotting when I managed to get some room in front of me (we weren’t supposed to do that) and that was a blast. There’s a stable offering beach rides, it seems to be a bit more “advanced”, not riding in single file, there will probably be trotting and such I imagine. I would love to try that. Do you think it’s a bad idea, considering we never took lessons? I feel like we could do it, but maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.

• Bam

Hazel, I’m so glad Oscar is better now

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Hazel, walking single file does get super boring. And I would call the beach place and see what they’re expecting you to be able to do…most of those more ‘advanced’ beach rides (I say that loosely because the horses know the pattern/what to do and it’s rare to find a trail ride that is actually hard…I can take beginners on my inexperienced youngsters and take them for trail rides as well without any terrible mishaps ) have cantering/running along the beach and those horses, since it IS a pattern they do over and over and over again every day are USED to doing that and will start to jig and try to go when they reach the spot they normally run. So I would just suggest calling and seeing what the ride is made up of/what they would recommend I imagine you and your husband could probably do it, but it’s better to check and make sure it’s actually going to be fun and not something that, if it’s a BIG stretch out of your comfort zones, will make y’all hate riding and make it super unpleasant/scary Riding, I’ve found, comes fairly easily to most people…especially if they remember to just relax and sit BACK

• Hazel
      Participant

Thanks bam.

Thanks for the advice, abh. I’ll definitely ask them about it. We’ll probably wait a month or two, right now it’s way too hot and humid. The trail ride we did was mostly through the woods, so it wasn’t too bad. You’re so right about having to relax, I know I didn’t and ended up bouncing like crazy during the trot, you can imagine how sore I was the next day… But I still loved it, and I didn’t feel like I would fall off. The horse in front of me was walking very slowly, so I had a hard time trying to get some room to trot. I was worried they would get mad at me for going too fast, but they didn’t notice.

If you have anymore pointers for us I’d love to hear them.  Most of my horse knowledge I picked up watching old Westerns, haha. Now I keep calling the hubby over saying something like “See how he’s holding the reigns/moving in the saddle?” 

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

ABH— I know, I’ve really been thinking of California lately because of the drought and the dangers of fires. It must be really scary over there if you live where the dangers of fire are hard. Hopefully you all get a lot of rain soon! I live on the other side of the country where it gets quite cold! It’s funny because after the cold winter, once it hits like 40 degrees everybody is in t-shirts and saying how hot it is lol! The deep snow covering all the ground and trees is beautiful though. And going out and seeing animal tracks in it is really cool. Although I hate the cold I think our winters are kinda “magical”. Even though driving gets dangerous with all the ice on the road.

• tori rose
      Participant

It seems where I live (even myself included sometimes honestly) the first sign of fall most are sweater and fall clothes crazy even if it’s still reaching 70’s, but after so long of winter if it’s even finally 40 degrees out it gets to where people are like ‘pfft, I can be fine a t-shirt to the store’ or wearing shorts just with a hoodie. Snow isn’t often SO bad, though sometimes snow drifts along the flat Land can get extreme and tower over one side of the house while the other side has a few spots with remnants of grass poking out lol.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Hazel, you’re welcome Learning to relax and not clench up into the fetal position takes a loooooong time! lol I’ve been riding since before I could walk and every now and again I STILL tense up and have to go ‘relax the neck, the shoulders, the arms, the palms, the fingers, the back, the pelvis, the legs, the ankles, and finally the toes’ in my head Repeating that mantra and really closing your eyes periodically and ‘feeling’ the horse’s movement and trying to relax into that movement is really helpful as well! And old westerns are the worst! lol. I can’t watch them because I just cringe at all of the riding mistakes. I was watching Bonanza a while ago with my cousin and was watching Little Joe ride with his hands by his ears KICKING the horse with both feet (to get a horse to go you use your pelvis and kind of ‘walk, trot, or canter’ with it if that makes sense? And if that doesn’t work you slowly tighten you bum, then your thighs, and then your calves, and if that doesn’t work I’ll use an open handed slap on the rump [not painful, just loud] or if that doesn’t work I’ll progress to swinging my reins and bopping them pretty hard on the bum…but that is a lazy horse that needs a rein bop!). I think I ruined Bonanza for her after that ? Oh! Another tip is HEELS DOWN. You want the stirrup on the BALL of your foot, and you want your heels DOWN (also, leave your legs out in front of your body…most instructors will yell at you for it but until you get the flexibility to tuck your pelvis under you AND keep your legs under you sitting in a ‘chair seat’ really, really keeps you stable on the horse). It settles your weight into your seatbones and it just kind of ‘anchors’ you into the saddle It also helps keep you from leaning forward and getting off balance (try to keep your shoulders over your pelvis or slightly behind rather than in front)…when I was a kid my trainer’s favorite sayings (and I would get them yelled at me UMPTEEN TIMES A LESSON ?) were ‘shoulders back’ (I’m really tall and tend to slouch), and ‘toes down kiss the ground’ because when your toes go down and your heels go up you start to perch in your seat and your shoulders move forward which destabilizes your center of gravity
      Ok, I hope any of that made sense! There is a reason I no longer give lessons, I can ride decently but I can’t tell someone else how to to save my life…I just confuse them more ?

Moxie, the fires aren’t too close to here, and they typically don’t happen in my county so I don’t get too worried…I just feel bad for all of my buddies working away from their families for MONTHS at a time during fire season! Especially Kyle because his wife is just starting to show and he hasn’t been able to see the baby bump and whatnot…and I know that’s hard for him (and her…she drove 4 hours to where he’s stationed just so she could hang out for an hour or two before she went back home)
      I really don’t like snow I lived in the mountains for a year…and horses + snow = unhappy Lauren. I had a horse almost break his pelvis in the snow, another one I would have to sit outside the ENTIRE length of snowstorms with to keep him calm (he grew up with me in Charleston and had never seen snow before…he’s also wayyyyy more attached to me than other horses because as a kid I used to sleep in his stall and spend every waking minute with him, so I was the only thing that would keep him from going through fences when the cold white stuff would fall from the sky), and horse poop, pee, and snow just do NOT mix well ?

tori rose, those snow drifts sound crazy ? Where I’m from if it’s 50* we’re all outside with 4 jackets on moaning and complaining about the cold and how we think our fingers and toes are gonna freeze off ? I’m no longer THAT bad, but 40* is a touch too cold for me to be out in shorts or a T-shirt

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Abeautifulhope—- I never thought about picking up horse droppings in the winter lol! We have 4 dogs so I do get what you are saying about picking up after them, it being a pain and all!

I’m not sure anymore if I am going to bring Snickers for the 5k strut for strays. I’m not sure she’d have fun around all of those big dogs, and she doesn’t have good stamina lol! She’s only about 7 pounds. I’ll have to think about it. OH did I ever tell you all what Zero, Tilly and Paris weighed in at the vets?
      Zero- 45 lbs
      Tilly- 37.2 lbs
      Paris- 33.2 lbs

Paris and Tilly are only 5 months old but they are catching up to Zero ha ha!

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant
      214 posts Send Private Message

OMG – it’s September. You can count me in the group of folks that are ready for fall. Our winters aren’t very harsh here, so I don’t mind them too much. After spending 3 winters in Vermont, Mississippi winters are a breeze, lol. I’m so ready for jeans and hoodies and boots though. As a chubby girl, I look better in fall clothes, LOL!

As far as life goes, DragonCon is this weekend and I’m OMG so excited!

• tori rose
      Participant

Bunsanddolls- I am beyond jealous of your weekend): gahhhh I want to be there..
      Which reminds me of wanting to start working out this winter for cosplay next year. I gained about 40 pounds after my husband came home from deployment a couple of years ago and still haven’t done poop about it. He’s not a great grocery influence and I’m 5’1 so all the gain shows very much lol(I don’t mind so much but I hate not fitting in 4/5 of my clothes a lot).

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I definitely look better in fall clothes. I hate “winter” clothes though, because ski pants and jackets aren’t very flattering if you have any meat on your bones!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I brought Paris to the state park today and we walked around and she went up to her chest in the lake. She’s all tuckered out now!!

• MissGabbster
      Participant

I LOVE Fall and Winter! I am a winter girl, for sure. I love bundling up in coats and scarves or staying indoors and cuddling up with a fluffy robe and some hot chocolate. The snow makes me feel so serene, plus it’s fun to play in.

I have absolutely no heat tolerance so Summer is completely dreadful for me. I’m not ready for the year to be nearing it’s end, but I am sooooo ready for the weather change.

DragonCon sounds exciting! Let us know how it goes.

I’m so envious of all of you who are riding horses. I haven’t had much of a chance to do it unfortunately.

• LBJ10

I wanted to go horseback riding in Colorado, but it was so expensive. =\ I haven’t ridden since I was probably in high school. It would have been fun there, I think. You know, with all the scenery around you.

I really don’t like winter. I don’t like being cold and I don’t like the snow. I liked the snow when I was a kid because I wanted to play in it. Now snow just means shoveling the driveway/sidewalk and cleaning off the car before I can even leave for work. *sigh* I start getting really depressed this time of year because I know fall is coming and then that means winter isn’t far behind.

Moxie – Those are some big puppies!

I still can’t believe the buns were home alone for almost 5 days! They were out in their room the entire time and they didn’t burn the house down or anything. My parents came a fed them and such. They said they were perfect little angels. What strange universe did I return to? o_O I’m a bit concerned about the amount of food I found in their dish when we got home though. I told my parents to give them 1/4 cup of pellets each day. This is not very much compared to the size of their bowl. I came home and there was at least a half of a cup of food in there. How much did they eat while we were gone? Leopold is pudgy enough as it is!

• LBJ10

AndHenry (Andi) wanted me to tell everyone that she is okay and not to worry. She has been having a lot of problems with her computer and getting onto BB and it has been very frustrating and upsetting for her. She tries and tries to post, but BB and her computer just are not cooperating. Some of the newer members probably don’t know who she is, but I can assure you she is a delight and BB is not the same without her. I always try to respond to the few posts she manages to make just so she knows people are still thinking about her. Anyway……

I told her she needs to hurry back to BB. Her response:

LOL! I will. But I will accept Jose’s offer of buying me a new computer for my birthday (YEP! Interest free credit card gets another hit! ha ha!) before I do. And Jose swears it’s our computer – it’s so old it doesn’t even offer updates anymore. Not sure if you know this, I can’t see video’s that other people post? He is sure it is my computer that is the problem. Why Jose put FB on my phone – I can see video’s on my phone, ha ha! I must look stupid swapping from the computer to my phone back to my computer to reply…. lol!

If anyone wants me to relay a message to her, let me know. She would love to hear from you!

• manic_muncher
      Participant
      1060 posts Send Private Message

I was just hopping on here to update on Andi! So glad you did that LBJ! and HI everyone! I was wondering why I had stopped getting email updates from chat.. then it just hit me.. oh, it’s September… new chat thread.. Doh!

• Sindri
      Participant
      1515 posts Send Private Message

I can’t keep up with chat lately. I have been super busy as usual. Next week we are taking a couple of days to go out of town eat dinner watch a movie. Then go to the zoo the next day. Then it will be back to work on this house.

I too cant believe it is September already. I don’t mind fall but I really don’t like the cold. I can’t tolerate really hot weather but I can handle it over the cold. I don’t think I ever did like snow and cold weather even when I was a child. I was born in December and was almost 3 weeks over due maybe because I knew it was going to be cold once I was out in the world. LOL I think I like spring the best.

I am glad Andi is okay. I know how frustrated she gets when she can’t log on here. Tell her we miss her!

LBJ your trip sounded so fun. We have gone to a mountain in Arkansas and hiked a couple of times. They have horse back riding too but we haven’t done it. I have only been on a horse once. I would love to go there and hike and ride horses. I kind of mentioned it to my husband. I said October would be a really nice time to go there. Its just costly to go and right now the timing isn’t right with the possible moving situation we got going on atm. Oh and I am glad to hear the bunnies did well while you were gone.

Speaking of bunnies we moved ours to the eat in kitchen area to replace the baseboards and door trim that Usagi chewed in the past and they did not take that very well for the first couple of days. Kilala decided to pee everywhere and Usagi was back to being mean to her. They are doing really well now. We are not done working on their room. Until the house goes on the market I will more than likely keep them out where they are since I think they will have more room. They can’t be free roam in their bunny room any longer. We don’t use our kitchen table unless we have company so we can just move it back in if and when the house goes on the market or we have company.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

We bought some flowers on the side of the road yesterday. They were so pretty we just couldn’t resist! They were only $1 for the annuals, but I figured if they were kept inside they should live a little while? I love flowers so much. I bought 2 plants. We got 7 in total. I’ll have to post some photos of them.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Moxie, yeah…horse droppings + snow typically = a big soup pit of wonderfully smelly poopiness. So basically absolutely nasty. lol. And your pups are getting so big! My livestock guardian is 125lbs but really lean because I don’t think she ever sits still!

BunsandDolls, jeans and hoodies and boots ARE life ? And DragonCon wounds awesome! I’ve always wanted to go to a Con, but I don’t have anyone who would go with me ?

MissGabbster, if you’re ever on the West Coast near Sac you can come ride my ponies (if they decide to not be injured! I’m so sick of wrapping legs)

LBJ10, CO would have been gorgeous from horseback ?. And I am completely, 100% with you about snow and winter in general (if I live somewhere there is snow).

So I get school off till Wednesday! WOO HOOOOO. I have a bunch of the guys coming over for a study group this week…They’re all young guys so how many pizzas should I get!?! If I go by how much my guy cousins (all HUGE oversixfeet&ripped&oneofthemisabodybuilder guys) eat I’d need to buy like a pizza each! I hate not having enough food for everyone…so how much do y’all think I should pick up???

• The Law Bun
      Participant

LBJ- hope the trip was awesome

ABH- Firstly, aren’t horses in barns and stalls? So you don’t actually have to shovel snow turds haha. Also, when I had to do events for some groups, I always planned for 3-4 slices a person (depending on budget). However those were for nerdy law kids not body builders LOL . But honestly if your hosting, four slices is more than kind and probably too much, but still allows everyone to feel comfortable getting seconds.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Law Bun, Mine are out on pasture 24/7 on 30 acres because I can’t justify putting an animal that would normally traverse 30 miles a day with their herd into a small 12’X12′ space with nothing to do and no friends to interact with…It would be like taking a bunny and sticking it into a small hutch they can just turn around in, but nothing more, with very little interaction or mental stimulation, yes, this is a sore point for me Rabbit trail, but mine tended to spend the nights up by the house/feeding area so that had to be cleaned up every day…although I gave up on that when the snow would hit because it was an impossible job, lol.

Yeah, my cousins are very into being healthy and basically live at the gym…and all of the guys that are coming over are all active duty firefighters so I’m imagining they eat a lot! But 3-4 slices each sounds good…I know I can get a large take and bake for like 5 bucks up here and they’re not horrible.

• So Fluffy Bunny
      Participant

Or if you don’t want to do pizza, I have several family recipes that can be doubled and stretched out for big groups, abh. If my gramma can feed over twenty-eight people on these recipes then yeah, I know that they are keepers and to be used when I try to do gatherings of nerdy friends who love to eat.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

AHB— I know! How can dogs look lean and be so big? The vet’s guessed Tilly would be 20 pounds, but when she jumped onto the scale and we told them it read 37.2 pounds they thought we were lying! Because they look “skinny” but they are little bricks!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

SFB, definitely send those recipes my way!!! I could definitely use them

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

My birthday is next month and I am torn on what to do! I just wrote a super long post but deleted it because it was really just rambling on. I have a couple guy “friends” (we can hang out and have a good time and joke around but don’t really hang out or talk even when us and other friends get together, we just kinda do our own thing) and don’t know if I should invite them to my birthday if I have a party. I don’t want it to be “lame” or super awkward for them. I’m not sure what to do. I think it will be awkward for me to invite them, I am not a brave person lol! It’s hard because my birthday is in the fall. We can’t go to the beach or a pool, we can’t have a sledding party, I don’t want it to be childish or too “grown-up”. I just want us all to have a good time!

So does anybody have some cool game ideas/activities? One year somebody I know had a paint fight while they all wore white t-shirts so they all got to take home their shirt and it was super cool. I would do something like that but I don’t want it to look like I’m trying to copy the person…

• tori rose
      Participant

Moxie what about camping somewhere with some friends for your birthday? Fall can really be perfect weather for it, hoodies and bonfire and good eats and just getting to relax and enjoy the company!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Moxie, Tori Rose’s idea sounds perfect! That would be a ton of fun this time of year…bonfires with a fresh chill in the air are just perfect! Or just do a bonfire…that would be a ton of fun as well

• LBJ10

Yes, I like that idea too Moxie. Or you could rent a movie theater.

• The Law Bun
      Participant

What age range?

If you are like later high school years, (1) the bonfire idea is great, (2) I always loved doing theme parties (did a hawaiian luau, so music, everyone dresses the part of course, and awesome themed food/drinks), (3) pick a awesome restaurant and rent our a room and just go feast for a while then head out and do whatever. Depending on likes/dislikes I LOVED playing paintball.

Parties regardless of age: MURDER MYSTERY PARTY. These are so fun, but people have to play the part. You can get the mystery free online (and download the plot lines from the website). Everyone gets dressed, I have done 80s and like roaring 20s before. No one knows who did it (even the killer), so like we had 8 people who were guests and suspects, while everyone else was a detective who asked questions all night. The nice thing is it can accommodate a large group of people, and if someone doesn’t like it they can just chill with other detectives and hang out. I did it at 23, so obviously the alcohol helped it haha .

Lastly, you could always invite everyone over and do a cooking class. I went to one back during senior year it was actually real cool. A group of 10 of us went to this chef who spent like 3 or so hours teaching us to cook this pasta dish. It was funny to see how everyones turned out and was just really interesting. Also, good life lesson.

That should get you started. I vote murder mystery party though!

• LBJ10

Law Bun – Murder mysteries do sound like fun. How come everyone I know is a spoilsport? They would never play along. LOL

ABH – Yes, it would have been quite lovely. I wish everywhere didn’t charge so much money though. My husband didn’t want to spend the money on it. Well, we had no money for the trip really. =\

• So Fluffy Bunny
      Participant

abh- let me find my cookbook and then I’ll pm the recipes to you, shouldn’t take more than a day!

On another note, I went to the emergency room tonight… found out that I have to have my gallbladder removed. This is so not going to be fun at all.

• tori rose
      Participant

So fluffy bunny- I’m so sorry, I had mine removed a few years ago and you don’t forget those pains(pre-surgery I mean, surgery went fine and was a relief once it was done with I promise!). I got to the point where even a carrot set it off so i just quit eating unless I really had to at that point. I hope you feel better really soon):

• Bam

So Fluffy, it really doesn’t sound like a lot of fun but I can imagine you must’ve been through quite a lot of pain and hopefully the surgery will put an end to that.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I like the bonfire idea and the murder mystery, not sure if any of my friends would participate in the murder mystery one though lol!

I really wanted to rent a movie projector, but we don’t really have a place to project it. But I think an outside movie night/bonfire would of been pretty cool!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So all of the stores are out of hay! (I normally buy big bales you’d buy for goats or horses for around $5.) So I had to got to walmart and buy a little bag of timothy for $7. At least she seems to like it, and will have to do until the stores stock back up! \_(‘.’)_/

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

LBJ: I know what it’s like to go on trips with no money…thanks to the myriad of horses and dogs that I pay for (I pay for mine and my all of sisters’ horses) money is always tight, and those rides are insane how much they charge! Those horses earn their keep for the WEEK (sometimes month depending on where it’s at) off of one ride (and, tbh, a horse shouldn’t be doing those trails more than 2-3X a week anyways…they do have insane overhead as well). But, hey, if you’re ever this way y’all can come and trail ride my goobers. We have a couple of pretty good ones off the back of the property…I haven’t gone to the beach yet but it’s only a three hour drive and the stall’s are only $20 a night so I really want to go once I have everyones injuries squared away

So Fluffy Bunny, thank you so much! But don’t stress out about it, especially not with your gallbladder acting up!!! I’m so sorry that you’re going to have to have it removed, surgery is never fun.

Moxie, the movie and bonfire would have been awesome, although to this day (I’m almost 20 and most of my friends are a decent bit older…and when we were kids most of the parents would join in as well much to our disappointment) the best parties we’ve had are HARD CORE manhunt parties (we would host one every Friday night if the weather permitted…some kids would show up in gilly suits and full on camo face paint and etc) with smores, hotdogs, and a bonfire. Me and my sibs get REALLY into it, so for weeks prior we draw up schematics of the property and plan out routes and ways to get part of our team, most of our team, and etc to base! If you have a property that would be good for it (out old one was PERFECT for it, but our current one sucks for manhunt at the bottom thanks to all of the fields…the top is better because of tree cover but we don’t have much brush) that’s always a ton of fun, and sometimes we will throw in a game of capture the flag which gets really insane and competitive as you get older. It gets better the more people you have, a good amount is about 30, although we’ve gone it with 12 and still had a decent bit of fun (you’ve just got to make sure you have at least 5-10 people who get really into it, those people will drag the others along. If you see a couple of people get into it and have fun/make the others do what they’re doing the others will quickly follow of their own accord)

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Moxie, wait, there are places where hay is only $5 BUCKS A BALE AT A FEED STORE!?! Out here it’s about $15 right off of the field and $25 at the feed store (easily) thanks to the drought and the drive that most of our hay has to make!!!

• LBJ10

Movie – what about a pumpkin patch? Some offer private events. You could do a hay rack ride, bonfire, etc.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

ABH—Yeah, here where it’s expensive it’s only around $10 dollars. But the cheap place we get it from is $5 and the average is $7. You can get mulch hay (which you can’t feed ) for $2 dollars.
      The price of hay is pretty good here (I live in the north east part of america), so I’ve never bought small bales from places like walmart or petstores, so the price of $7 for the tiny thing was quite shocking ha ha! I don’t understand why all the feed stores are out of hay though. (I’m pretty sure they all buy their hay locally so I think it might be because farmers aren’t selling it? IDK but it might be so cheap because it is bought locally)

That sounds really fun. But our property wouldn’t be good for that (2 acres that’s either STEEP hill with trees, marshy wet ground or out in the open with the chickens or garden lol!) Our youthgroup plays a game called man hunt. It’s kinda like “tag” but when you are tagged by the people who are it you go to jail until somebody frees you. And it’s played in the woods at night. (You can play it in a dark house but it’s not quite so fun).

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ll have to look into that LBJ. I really like the idea of a bonfire. I think espcecially if it’s themed it could still be like a “birthday party” but low-key enough for everybody to enjoy and it wouldn’t be awkward. I’d just need to find a spot to have the bonfire. (dumb town rules!)

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Yep, that’s the manhunt we play (although we don’t do jail, we just kill you)! We just make it into a really military-esque game with all sorts of craziness ?. Growing up in the Deep South where all of your friends are in ROTC and most ended up in the military you start to work on those reconnaissance and military ops skills young! ???. So much fun, but out here everyone’s a bunch of wussies so they complain the whole dang time or I find a pair of kids making out and have to about beat them and put the fear of God into them ???

• Sindri
      Participant

So Fluffy Bunny I hope your surgery goes well. I know you will feel much better once its over.

Moxie I also think the bonfire is a good idea. I hope you have a fun birthday no matter what you choose to do!

• The Law Bun
      Participant

SFB- hope the surgery goes well!

ABH- if your 20 and the worst you find is making out I think thats a minor victory HA!

Moxie- No matter what, I hope you have a good birthday! Outside movie night would be awesome. You could just rent a projector and then throw a sheet against the house. Works really well! That way you don’t need an actual solid surface, you can put the sheet anywhere for people to watch. Just make sure you have speakers, or that WOULD be awkard . Good Luck!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Thanks for all of the input everybody!

Now on a totally different note I have decided Paris will go on the 5K with me. Snickers is just too small and the stress might cause her to get colitis again. Zero utterly would not enjoy it, and Tilly is still working on her manners. So Paris who doesn’t bark, has energy and listens very well to commands seems like the best choice so both me and the pet can have a good time. Now don’t you fret tutu lovers, I will make Paris her very own for it!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Law Bun, if they tried anything else they know I would probably come unglued and take a horse whip to them, and then about kill them while my dogs would help me tear them limb from limb! lol. I make it VERY clear from the get go that any funny business means you’re gone and sporting a few new bruises!!! Growing up as the oldest and raising three girls with a father who’s not worth his salt tends to turn you into an over protective older brother ?. All of the middle and high school boys around here are scared to death of me…it makes me very happy ??. Especially because while I am tall I am always dressed in floral tanks and cutesy stuff and don’t look like I could hurt a fly ???

Moxie, we’re going to need to see these tutu pictures once you’ve finished it!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I definitely will! You can check out my thread about tutus where you can see a pic (or should I say pictures) of my dog in one and Moxie. I’ll post a link if you can’t find it.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Here’s the link to my tutu mania thread: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tab…fault.aspx

• The Law Bun
      Participant

ABH- if only you knew the fear I try to put in my younger sister’s bfs LOL.

moxie- love your dogs!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Moxie, oh my gosh those are adorable ?. And I think a bright blue or teal would look really pretty on her ☺️

Law Bun, oh I know…I have two very pretty younger sister’s who tend to attract random guys’ attention ?. People don’t imagine that I’m not a wingman…I’m a hellion in bright red lipstick, high waisted shorts, and a floral tank with a Starbucks in hand! I am not scared to put you in your place and make you feel like a bug beneath my shoe, lol. The gun rack in the back of my muddy truck and the switchblade in my pocket doesn’t hurt any either ?. Growing up a back roads country girl with many sketchy, bad boy types to emulate definitely helped hone my ‘scary fake older brother’ skills ?

• LBJ10

Just realized the treat bag sitting on the desk in the bunny room is NOT the same one that was left there before we went on our trip. OMG, how much were my parents feeding the buns while we were gone? First the pellets, now treats.

• LBJ10

Moxie – You’ll have to let us know what you decide. I think anything that involves a bonfire will be casual enough for everyone to feel comfortable.

• The Law Bun
      Participant

LBJ- but atleast the buns loved it im sure! Sometimes woolies just wana have fun un, woolies just wana have fun.

ABH- all i can say is after living in a very very rurual town for years, me and muddy trucks will never get along aha. Southern life has done the adverse to me, i hate the outdoors

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ll definitely let you all know what I decide.

TLB— Thanks.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Law Bun, for me growing up in the south and then moving away from it makes me very much wish to be back! Most of my childhood was spent on a horse riding around (sometimes on the beach…the first barn I boarded at had a five minute trail down to the water that friends and I would take almost every day during the summer) or on a quad in a mud pit, lol. I’m so not a city girl, my dad has a place in the city and when I used to have to be forced to go there I would get so overwhelmed by the amount of people and the fact that when you go to the grocery store you don’t run into 20 people you know

• LBJ10

LOL Law Bun! Wooly could actually use a little extra. Leopold is the one I’m worried about. I think he’s going to need to be on a diet before too long.

• LBJ10

Just gave Leopold the BIGGEST hug! Boy, was he mad! LOL

• tori rose
      Participant

This weekend turned out to be full of plot twists- my parents delayed getting the kids by like 7 hours, which really threw off our day prepping because *apparently* my husband is a groomsman and no one said anything to any of the groomsmen at all(the wedding is this weekend).. So he had to go obviously, and has to wear his dress blues, meaning he has to shave off his beard and now he is going to look like a baby for probably a month to me now after years of full on beard lol. So I stayed back and I texted him asking how the rehearsal is going and another surprise, he just now found out he’s the best man at that(why they said nothing, I have NO clue). So now he’s freaked out and has to give a speech.. I feel so bad for him but it’s a little funny. I’m appalled that no one knew anything, being the wedding party.

I’ve managed to nap and watch kid movies. I need to catch up on this thread but had to laugh about my poor husband to someone. I swear I’m a caring and loving wife otherwise lol!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

That’s kinda weird how they never mentioned that, especially when the wedding is so close tori rose. But good luck to your husband with his speech, I’m sure it must be stressful having such short time to work on it!

• LBJ10

Sounds pretty inconsiderate to me. I mean, when you’re planning a wedding, yes things can get very hectic and some things slip your mind. But it is usually little things. NOT who is in your wedding party. o_O Wow, and I thought my now sister-in-law was inconsiderate. This was way before my husband and I were married. His brother was getting married and his bride had assigned seating. My husband was the best man, so he sat up at the head table. The parents of the bride and groom had their own table. And me, the girlfriend of the best man had to sit with some strange people she had never met clear on the other side of the reception hall. I couldn’t even sit with my husband’s parents. What the heck? Talk about panic attack (and yes, I had one because I have anxiety). Anyway, enough about me. LOL I was just trying to show how inconsiderate these people are tori rose to not tell your husband he is in the wedding party, let alone the best man. You know, he could have just told them tough doo doo.

• tori rose
      Participant

At first when he found out he was in the wedding party I was thinking maybe he just forgot somehow? But none of the guys in it knew(the ones my husband knows anyway). I’m relieved I don’t have to go because I have horrible anxiety too and i know if be stuck by myself a lot. I CANT HUMAN IN A CROWD. The pressure.
      I’d probably be stuck like you were, a table alone with strange people(totally not cool btw) lol

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Wow tori rose, that is really inconsiderate and thoughtless :/ Although, my friend didn’t know she was her sister’s maid of honor (my friend also planned the wedding for her) until like 2-3 days beforehand? I remember she texted me FREAKING out because she has serious anxiety like me and was like, ‘I DON’T HUMAN IN FRONT OF PEOPLE WELL’  But I do imagine it’s kind of fun to sit back and watch your husband freak out a bit 

• The Law Bun
      Participant

LBJ- I know that feeling of bunny irritation all too well. I don’t pick up Lilith often, but sometimes we are all weak inside lol.

With regard to the wedding that’s crazy! There’s outfits typically to buy, duties at the wedding and maybe even a toast!! That’s why you need to be notified previously. Also, he missed the best part of the wedding party benefits, the bachelor party :p. I hope it turns out well. I’ve always loved weddings. Besides the dancing, I typically enjoy meeting all the new people. The key is just to be invested in what the others do or say and then moving from there is so easy. What I’ve found out, everyone loves talking about themselves :p. either way hope its awesome!!

Side note- anyone else excited that tailgating season is back? Went back to the alma mater Thursday for the season’s first tailgate!! I really don’t like football, and most times I just tailgate prior to he game and during the game haha. Even though we lost embarrassingly, god it was fun I be back and see everyone! Though going out now I feel so old haha.

Happy long weekend everyone!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Took Snickers hiking/swimming (she went into the water a few inches deep. About up to her chest. I think that should count as her swimming. ) It was fun to just sit with her and have some quality time.

• LBJ10

Moxie – My doggie (also a dachshund) never liked swimming all that much. Except for the time when she was convinced she was going to get those ducks at the park. She flew into the water, tried swimming after them, only to realize she really couldn’t go that fast with her little legs. LOL

Glad you and Snickers had a good time.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ— Ha ha ha, that’s funny. Snickers was snapping at the water splashing onto the shore/rocks and chasing after it. It was hilarious.

• redbunbun
      Participant
      202 posts Send Private Message

Sukka and Tossu just had their first little bonding mini-session! Sukka isn’t sterilized yet, since she’s only four months old, but since it’s now been over two months since Tossu was neutered (no chance of any unwanted babies) my boyfriend and I decided to give them a quick five-minute meeting in the neutral zone of the bedroom, though we’re not planning on fully bonding them until Sukka is sterilized and healed.

It went so well! For the most part, they started out not caring about one another all that much, and concentrated on checking out the new unexplored territory they were in. They met up a few times, sniffed each other, and quite vehemently were both of the opinion that the other should give them some head rubs. Tossu chased Sukka a bit, but definitely not in a violent matter. No fighting, no biting, no scratching, no grunting. Some mounting on both sides, but even that seemed to be more in an effort to smell the other bunny’s back/behind their ears than actual mounting!

I ended the session after they’d once again smelled each other’s faces very calmly (the whole thing lasted about five minutes), gave them both a treat and we put them back in their respective enclosures. I’m thinking I’ll let them have these little “pre-bonding” sessions every now and then until Sukka’s operation, put a stop to it completely for the duration of Sukka’s post-op healing period (of course) and then start actually properly bonding them once that’s over. It would be great if they could be able to have free roam in the living room (under constant supervision) before Sukka gets sterilized, since having to let them out one at a time is very taxing on their freedom time, and it’ll be quite a few months until they’re able to be properly bonded. They both think of the living room as “their turf”, though, which is why we’ve not really even considered trying it yet.

This little bedroom experiment is leading me to believe that it may be possible, though. We’ll see! All in all, I wasn’t convinced I was doing the right thing to try this pre-bonding thing, but afterwards I’m glad I did it. It definitely looks like there’s a chance they’ll bond successfully in the future, which I’ve obviously been very worried about until now. So far, so good.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So I tried making some bunny treats. They are in the oven, Let’s see if the come out alright!

• Bam

What did you put in them Moxie?

I’m sure Snickers is crazy cute in water (too). My dog loves water. Not quite like a Golden Retriever, but she goes for little swims when we walk near water.

Redbunbun, it sounds like a successful pre-bonding-session!

LBJ, why is it that human hugs make bunnies so cross??! It may be because they don’t realize how ridiculously cute they look. I think they take themselves very seriously. Like “Hey, I’m a big strong rabbit, a warrior and a fighter and a dominator of the world. Let me down this minute, you idiot human!”

• LBJ10

Bam – Yeah, the look on Leopold’s face was priceless.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I mashed some banana, mixed it with some pellet “mush” (pellets softened in water) and some hay that I chopped into tiny pieces. Not very creative but I was bored and wanted to make a treat for her. None of the stores around here sell treats that are Okay for them to eat, and I’m very impatient with shipping!

• Bam

I have collected rather a lot of pellet “flour” from the bottom of pellet-bags, so I’ve been thinking about ways to use it in baked treats. But all recipies I’ve seen have rolled oats in them and I’m not sure about rolled oats for my bunnies. It sounds a bit too rich for them. I’ve never even tried giving them banana. I’m sure they’d be instantly hooked like on crack cocaine and become hollow-eyed banana fiends that keep circling me to make me give them more. And more, and more, and more.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The treats seemed to have turned out okay! I baked them on about 300 F for about an hour and a half. They are cooling in the oven and still haven’t reached a hard biscuit like state. They smell DELICIOUS though.
      I may be insane but I look a tiny crumb and tried it (I was curious). It tasted mainly of banana with a slight hint of pellets. The hay part was pretty flavorless. I think Moxie will really like it. I used:
      1/4 cup of pellets/pellet dust. I then mixed that with warm/hot water until it was a paste like consistency and there wasn’t a ton of pellet chunks. I then just mixed some mashed banana (probably somewhere between 1/4 a cup and 1/2 cup.) I then took a small handful of hay and cut it into tiny pieces using scissors. I mixed that all together and lightly oiled/floured a pan. It made 10 decent sized cookies.
      You could also do Pumpkin instead of banana. I was also going to add shredded/pureed carrots but we were out. It’s really up to your imagination as long as you use bunny safe foods.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ll post some photos of Moxie trying them in the photo thread later, along with a pic showing how big they are.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Here’s a pic of the ingredients of a bunny treat somebody made. Most recipes should be simple. I am also wary of using oats in bunny treats. 

• Bam

Thank you, Moxie, I’ll definitely make a try tomorrow! Looking forward to pix of a cookie-eating Moxie-bunny =)

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

I’ll have to try making those treats later as well Moxie! Luna would probably love them

So the study group yesterday went well, although one guy showed up that I was NOT expecting, and tbh he really annoys me but oh well! They were here for like 3 hours, and I think next week we’re meeting at my property and shooting guns for an hour or two first…although it’s supposed to be 105* out so I don’t know if we’ll actually end up doing that or just meet up at my place again (although I don’t need them running into my father [he comes over on Fridays] because I may have mentioned some of the junk he pulled and one or two things he did [not even the worst stuff!] before he left when my brother was 2 weeks old and my mom was recovering from a C-section…not a one of them looked ok, and I can’t say that they would be overly pleasant to him if he was to show up and my dad can turn into a very bad word when he feels ‘disrespected’) I also tried a new church yesterday (a guy from my class told me about it) and I really, really liked it. Maybe I’ve found a church that I can actually get involved in and fit in at?

• The Law Bun
      Participant

Moxie- I may have to try this! They look awesome!

LBJ- I am sure the expression was great, though we wouldn’t know given there are no leopold photos in the picture thread! (hint )

ABH- glad it went well! Have enough pizza? Despite the extended parentheses, seems like everything turned out well.

• Hazel
      Participant

abh: That was some great advice, thank you! You didn’t confuse me at all. If you lived close enough I would totally ask you to teach me! It must be amazing owning your own horses, I’m jealous. So I guess I shouldn’t take any pointers from old Westerns then. That’s too bad, I was sure the Rifleman must know what he’s doing, lol. We picked up a book about trail riding at Tractor Supply the other day, now I feel like an expert!

Moxie: Nice job with the treats, I hope she’ll like them!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I don’t think Moxie can decide whether or not she likes them
      She’ll take a bite, wait a few hours, take another bite and so on.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Here are a couple pics. The treats kinda look like a giant smooshed rabbit poop. 

That’s a nickle next to it. ^

“Ooh let me try it! Let me try it!!”

“Not so sure if I like it…”

• tori rose
      Participant

Moxie I those treats a couple weeks ago with banana, carrot, and pellets, rolled oats, and hay I powdered. Honey lemon reacted like moxie is, after about five days of treats- she come hopping over excitedly now for them and eats it immediately! Mine looked like poop too lol. I’m sure she will grow to love them too(: maybe try mixing up with new added stuff like raisins instead of banana?

• tori rose
      Participant

Gosh my typing on my phone is atrocious-_-

• LBJ10

*sigh* I’m a bit worried about my dog. Poor thing is almost 17. She’s been having trouble with a lot of things lately. I was actually worried about leaving her for a few days, but I guess my parents didn’t do too much damage.

• redbunbun
      Participant

LBJ10, I know how you feel! My dogs are 14 and 15, and even though they’re still in good shape for their age they’re definitely slowing down and I just have this horrible feeling that their health could take a sudden turn for the worse at any moment. I’ve found consolation in knowing that the best way for a dog to end its life is peacefully, at an old age, having lived a full life surrounded by people who love it – and we have the chance to give our dogs just that.

• Bam

(((((LBJ’s dog)))))
      No fun AT ALL when your dog gets old and starts to decline. I’m sure your parents spoiled her while you were gone so she had the greatest time. My dog loves nothing better than to stay with her granny.

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant

SO far behind on everything! We made it to Atlanta and back with no major issues and we had a BLAST at DragonCon, though I’m not sure if we’ll ever go again…it was so HUGE! I was a bit overwhelmed when we first got there and I wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy myself, but once I got used to the sheer number of people and the sprawling setup, I got a lot more excited and into it. There was a special extended hours night at the Georgia Aquarium for DC attendees on Saturday night, which was amazing. We really did have a great time…the wifi at all of the venues was terrible though, so I didn’t get to keep up with anything in the internet world.

I hope everyone is doing okay. LBJ, I hope your dog is doing well too!

The buns and guinea pigs survived our trip – I left them at home alone and my brother stopped in every day to check on everybody and make sure there was food and hay and water for them all. Toby stayed free-range the ENTIRE TIME, which I was a little terrified of. I thought he might eat the whole couch or coffee table or something, with nobody there to walk in and interrupt his diabolical scheming. But, he seems to have behaved himself and only chewed on his toys and a bit of cardboard, lol.

• LBJ10

I’m pretty sure her teeth are bothering her. The vet can’t get her in until Monday. I went out and bought some soft food that is the same brand as what she has been eating. She gobbled it all up! This isn’t the only thing concerning me though. She does have a lot of trouble getting around too, especially if she’s trying to get up for a lying down position.

Something sort of funny happened at work today. Someone called and said they had some questions about my volunteer program. Excited, I was like “sure, what did you want to know”. Then he proceeded to tell me this sob story about how his car was impounded and he couldn’t afford to pay the fines to get it out. He wanted to know if he could volunteer through my program to have the fines forgiven. Uh… what?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ— It’s always hard when our furbabies get older. Sending some (((Vibes))) for your dog! And that’s kinda funny. Did the company you work for impound his car and he wanted it back, or was it somewhere else and he wanted you guys to pay for it? Either way that’s crazy!

• LBJ10

Moxie – I work for the city, but I do not work in that department. So I suppose it would be the second thing you said. His car was impounded somewhere else and he thought he could work it off by volunteering for my completely unrelated program that is from a completely unrelated department.

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Gah, there’s a huge fire out here and the past two days have been spent helping people evacuate, and staying up most of the night waiting to see if I have to evacuate my horses…The fire is at 14,000-15,000 acres in 24 hours and only 10% contained…We’re wigging out a little bit over here because with how dry it is it may take a very long time for them to get the fire’s back under control

• MissGabbster
      Participant

Stay safe, abh! Fires are frightening and they spread so quickly.

Those treats look like they’d be tasty for bunnies, Moxie!

It’s so hard when pets start to get older. (((VIBES)))

• Kitty
      Participant
      92 posts Send Private Message

I like how people talk about snow…. I live in UK at the moment and we got very cold rain all the time so winter is just colder

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

abh—Stay safe!! It must be really scary right now. I’d have things ready just in case like pet carriers, harness and leashes ready at a moment’s notice and a bag of my most valuable possessions (like photos, cell phone, money and maybe something that is important to you like a necklace/figurine somebody gave you?). Hopefully it doesn’t come to you having to evacuate, but better prepared than not!
      Once we had the lumber mill across the street catch fire (like 100 feet away) and it burned down like 5 acres, several buildings and the 100-150 foot tall flames were just about jumping onto our property. This was at like 3 in the morning so we weren’t prepared! Luckily their house was saved along with their pet cats and it didn’t spread to our property, but it was still scary! Good luck!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bought Snickers a new sweater since it’s starting to get colder. And some tulle, for Paris’ tutu!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

It’s not going to come our way…possibly where the horses are but I already have an evacuation plan for them so we’ll be good! The fire is at over 50,000 acres and spreading at a rate of at least 1,000 acres an hour…it keeps doubling every twelve hours and has hit one or two neighborhoods and is not contained at all yet. We have at least 805 guys on it with more arriving all of the time. It’s actually directly headed for the local high school and 4-5 towns are under mandatory evacuation and we may lose COMPLETE towns if they can’t get a handle on it soon. I have a couple of buddies working it and prayers that they and the other fire fighters are ok would NOT go unappreciated!

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

I just got an update and the fire is at 64,728 acres and down to 5% contained from the 10% a few hours ago…there are so many evacuees it’s crazy. So many of our friends aren’t going to have a house to go home to when this is over

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

9/11/2015 5:56 PM
      I just got an update and the fire is at 64,728 acres and down to 5% contained from the 10% a few hours ago…there are so many evacuees it’s crazy. So many of our friends aren’t going to have a house to go home to when this is over

That’s terrible.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Paris’ tutu is nearly complete.

• LBJ10

That’s scary abh. Is there no rain in the forecast?

OMG, my husband texted me when I was getting ready to leave work. He said the house down the hill from his parents was having an estate sale (the guy died a couple of months ago and his wife moved into town to live in a retirement neighborhood). Anyway, I left work and went there instead of going home. I noticed some bunny lawn ornaments in the garage and didn’t think much of it. Then we wandered down to the basement and it was literally bunnypalooza. Apparently this lady really liked bunnies. I’ll have to take a picture of the stuff I bought (just some little things). There was a “bunny crossing” thing that had the words painted on boards that were attached to a stick (sort of like a woodsy street sign). I squeed with delight and my husband adamantly said no. *sigh*

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

That’s so cool LBJ!

• LBJ10

Moxie – It was cool. It was also a little bit disturbing. LOL Am I going to be like that when I’m old? She also must have liked local artisan stuff because there were a lot of paintings and little sculptures of wildlife. Some of them had the artist’s name and the name of the shop they came from.

Does anyone ever get the feeling they’re being watched? It felt like someone was watching me last night. Then I glanced down the hallway and there was Wooly sitting right behind the baby gate. He was just staring at me. o_O

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

You must post photos of what you got there LBJ.

• Nora
      Participant
      291 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well. Yay it’s September! My favorite month, probably, and not at all because it’s my birthday month…

After taking about a 4 week break, I started dating Pippin and Fíli again. It’s going better than last time, I think. I am taking it quite slow! I made a little wire box out of C&C panels and started them out at 15 min, increased slowly to an hour. Tonight we are going for a long session! So far it’s been 45 minutes and no fights yet. If this goes well for a few hours, tomorrow I may try them in a slightly larger area. They have to realize at some point there is no point in fighting, right?!

I found a cable a couple weeks ago that Fíli (I suspect) chewed when he got behind the TV. I replaced it for about $3, no problem, but then last week my boyfriend found some others that were cut and got really angry. He likes Pippin but hates Fíli and says he wishes we never got him. Poor Fíli. He’s a good bunny, just more curious and rambunctious than Pippin. I do feel bad about the stuff but felt like my bf was being really mean about it. Oh well. At least he likes Pippin! (They are both *my* bunnies, but since I live with my bf he has to deal with them.)

• LBJ10

Aw, I’m sorry Nora. Fili can’t help it. I would hope your bf would understand.

Here is what I bought.

It’s just “junk”, but the little figurines will probably join the other bunnies in my office.

And…………. my husband brought something else home today. His parents bought it for me, but it was too dark to take a picture tonight.

• Roberta
      Participant
      4355 posts Send Private Message

I am starting to see why so many members have left or given up. I was hoping I was wrong but a couple of posts I saw today pretty much confirmed my suspicions. People when they are stressed and in need of help don’t always read the rules, they just throw up their hand and hope the lifeguard will see them. Some people don’t check dates, they see a problem shared and follow the thread. To be summarily dismissed with a generic blurb without having your fears, concerns or grief addressed is really humiliating and yet that seems to be the way a lot of people are being treated. These people don’t seek other groups or follow links, they crawl away broken and in fear of approaching other groups for help. There are ways to correct and guide without demeaning a person. If it wasn’t for some members here, now long gone, I would never have received the help that led me to rescue, that compassion is gone. I can only shake my head and walk away.

• BinkyBunny
      8754 posts Send Private Message

@ Roberta —  Check your inbox — Just sent you a message to try and get an better understanding of your complaint. 

• MissGabbster
      Participant

Nora, I can’t believe your bf said that. Fili is just doing what his bunny instincts are telling him to do. He doesn’t realize that he shouldn’t be chewing wire, he just thinks he’s being a good bunny and getting rid of all the “vines” you’ve got hanging around.

LBJ, those are cute bunny items!

I hope you’re still staying safe, abh! The wildfire is out of control and so many people and animals are out of a home right now.

• Sindri
      Participant

Sorry I haven’t been on much. my husband took a week off of work and we took a few days to go out of town. Then we finished up on some of our house projects.

LBJ I like your items you got! my desk is full of rabbit stuff. Its a little crazy I will have to take a pic and show you my rabbit items. My grandson broke one of my favorite items I got of a bunny couple. I can always buy another one. I got a bunny couple statue in the garden as well. Its cement. I have decided awhile back to not clutter the house up anymore with bunny items. I think its enough for now. lol

ABH I hope you are doing okay with the fire situation. Stay safe!

The rabbits are doing great in their new setup in the eat in kitchen. I like having them there. Even my husband gives them pets now and seems happy with them there. I keep their digestive treats in the same cabinet we keep out vitamins. Every time we open the cabinet door they run over and start begging for their treats. My husband and I think its so cute. He will tell them that he has vitamins and that they aren’t rabbit treats. Its funny like they understand what he is saying. they turn and look at me like “Mommy are you going to get us a treat because Daddy didn’t give us one?” He has given them to them too.

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant

Awwww, I love the cute bunny items, LBJ! I usually have to pick up cute bunny figures that I find in thrift stores…I try to limit myself to just lop bunnies, or black rabbits, lol. That way I don’t buy ALL the cheesy Easter decor in Goodwill.

abh, I hope you and your horses are still doing okay and staying safe with the fire…that’s so crazy over there!

Sindriona – glad your babies are loving their new setup!

Since we survived DragonCon last weekend, I’m off AGAIN this weekend for the Rodan+Fields corporate convention. I’ve never been to Texas, so it should be fun! I’m riding with my mom and we’re taking my 10 month old son, so that should be interesting. I’m pretty excited about it and I think it’ll really help me boost my business. I’m also pumped about new thrift stores that I’ve never been too, LOL!

• Sindri
      Participant

Here is some of my rabbit items. I didn’t take a pic of the rabbits in my bedroom or the statue outside. Most of that stuff is usually sitting on my desk. hehe I guess I am a collector after all!

• Sindri
      Participant

BunnsandDolls I hope you enjoy your trip to Texas for the convention! It sounds like its going to be a fun road trip.

My husband finally found out today that he is getting approved for a move to a different office. So it sounds like I am officially moving! I am kind of excited and a little nervous. Has anyone ever sold a house when they had rabbits? I mentioned where they live now is the eat in kitchen. I really would hate to move them back to their room being their isn’t much space in there for them. Would it be bad for selling if I left them in the eat in kitchen area? Some people might be grossed out by rabbits in a kitchen area.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I only have a couple statues of some of my fave animals. I currenty have a pig statue a skunk statue, some dog statues and some bunny statues. They’re still all packed away from the move though! I’ll have to unpack them sometime. I need more shelf space lol!

• tori rose
      Participant

Buh last week got hectic, mainly cause my ocd took a full advantage of open window weather which means cleaning sprees for me the whole time, then I fell into a Netflix binge watch of attack on titan and finished the first season in two days. I feel all the shames lol.

I really hope the horses and towns are okay by the sounds of the fire, that’s really scary, I can’t imagine losing everything and being surrounded by everyone else going through it as well. That’s a huge hit for so many):

I’m glad I’m not the only bunny stuff collector. I dart straight to the holiday aisle at goodwill each time first and nab up any cute bunnies from the little easter spot to repaint! That’d be so cool to find an entire basement to pick from. I’ll have to post a photo of mine too:3

Oh, I got my first displeased bunny thump a little bit ago. I picked honey lemon up to get her out of my son’s room that has toys on the floor and she tried to jump while I was walking her out and her foot caught a bit on my necklace. She was unhappy about it and my neck got a scratch. I gave her a nibble of banana, I’ll hope I’m forgiven lol.

• Bam

I finally got around to making bunny cookies! I used hay from the bottom of the bag, pellet dust and apples. I ground it all together in a food-processor and baked/dried the cookies for 2 hours on low heat.

Then I tried them on the boys. Yohio only took a small bite. Bam devoured his, but he’s a bunny who will eat pork rinds if you let him, so his judgement can’t be trusted. Here’s a pic of the cookies:

• redbunbun
      Participant

Those bunny cookies sound delicious enough for me to want to try one myself!

Tossu just scared the living daylights out of me. When I let him out of his enclosure to run around, he made a pile of really really tiny poops the minute he got out. I’ve never seen any tiny poops like that from him before, and with all of Sukka’s tummy troubles going on right now, I’m just on high alert for anything weird. I gave him his fresh greens, and he didn’t feel like eating anything but a bit of banana. I went into hyper-crazy paranoid bunny lady mode and started stuffing him with any foods I could think of that he’d like. He ate almost a full cup of pellets, some grape slices, some more banana, a bit of a slice of apple and dried dandelion without any coaxing… and pooped extremely normal-looking pellets in a great big pile right after. He’s acting quite normally, so maybe I’ll see how he is until tomorrow before calling a vet or crying my eyes out that my bunny is going to die.

Ugh, owning rabbits is so stressful!

• Bam

Redbunbun, bunny ownership really can be stressfull sometimes =( It’s just terrible when they come down with something and you sit there all powerless. Rule no 1 for pet illness is that it happens on national holidays, or if no national holiday is available, on Fri/Sat nights, late. It seems Tossu has a very healthy appetite though, so for now I don’t think you need to worry. Sick rabbits seldom gobble down cups of pellets and then produce nice heaps of droppings =)

Yohio just ate a whole cookie 🙂

We have serious thunder + rain right now. Are you still supposed to disconnect PCs and TVs during thunder, or is that sth you only did in the olden days? I have to google =(

• redbunbun
      Participant

bam, I’m glad Yohio likes his cookies now too!

And as far as pet illnesses go… tell me about it! Tossu pooped some more, though these looked less normal. No longer tiny, but a bit misshapen and – surprise surprise – strewn with hair. He’s been shedding like crazy lately, and even though I brush him daily he’s bound to ingest quite a bit of it… he’s such a fastidious groomer. I called my vet, and she told me that as long as he’s pooping and eating I’m in no rush to bring him in yet. She thought that he perhaps had some gut motility issues but it sounded like it had already sorted itself out and he’s now his way to getting better.

• LBJ10

Sometimes too much fur causes some weirdness, but they should be able to pass it okay. Make sure they are eating lot’s of hay.

Update on my dog – The vet said the roots of her upper canine teeth are exposed. There’s a bit of an infection going on, but nothing too serious. She said it wasn’t uncommon for dachshunds to have tooth and gum problems when they get older (genetics). No amount of tooth brushing was going to help, although we have tried over the years. Anyway, she sent us home with some antibiotics and pain meds. She said we may have to do antibiotics on and off for the remainder of her life since this will likely be an ongoing problem. I will need to keep buying the canned/wet food for her. The vet sort of laughed at her socks. We got those because her back legs are arthritic and she has trouble preventing her feet from sliding (despite all my efforts to cut the fur between her toes).

• redbunbun
      Participant

I think we’re out of the woods! I stayed up until 8AM with Tossu, because he was being a bit… odd, even though he seemed alright in general. Not much in the way of poop, and weird poop when he did pass it, but over all he was quite active and didn’t refuse to eat or anything. The packet of Oxbow Meadow Hay I bought from a pet expo as treat hay is what finally did it. I gave him some in a bowl, and he immediately started munching away like a mad bunny. The hay we’ve got now is a bit less “leafy” and is more composed of stems than they hay we usually have, since there’s some difference between bales sometimes. Apparently he’s just not a fan of straw-like hay, and that combined with the really heavy shedding made his tummy a bit wonky.

Thankfully, Sukka is eating the hay perfectly well, so apparently I’ll have to feed Tossu pet store hay until this bale is gone, at least in part. He eats some of the baled hay, but definitely nowhere near enough. Just one piece here and there. Thankfully, there’s a pet store within walking distance that has great locally-grown hay, though it’s far more expensive than the bales I get at the stables. I’ll try to find a “leafy” bag there.

The things we do for rabbits. I have slept two and a half hours, and I am blissfully happy at the sight of poop!

LBJ10, I’m glad it’s nothing more serious! Lots of good vibes for your darling doggy, and my tooth-problem parson russell terrier sends his regards! He even had some teeth removed a while back because they were getting to be in such bad shape. I hope it doesn’t go that far with your dog!

• tori rose
      Participant

Redbunbun, those weird poops sound like the ones honey lemon passed before I switched her to a hay she liked (minus the fur and shedding bit), once she got some leafy hay in her system it’s been totally fine since and I just mix it with the old now since I have both anyway. Hope things keep looking good for yours too! (:

I tried adding newspaper this week under the normal paper bedding I use in the litter box for some extra absorption and since it keeps coming in my mail anyway.. My mistake, she pulled out the sheets like someone failing to pull a tablecloth out from underneath a full course meal set up. Bedding. Every. Where. Never again lol

• LBJ10

That’s good redbunbun. Yep, I’m sure it was a combination of extra fur and less hay that was causing the problem. Luckily you figured it out and your baby is eating hay now.

Yes, it could be worse. I don’t think they will be able to pull teeth though. She’s almost 17 (her birthday is next month) and she has a heart murmur. So I don’t think they would be able to do it. Hence the possibility for antibiotics on and off for the remainder of her life.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Rule no 1 for pet illness is that it happens on national holidays, or if no national holiday is available, on Fri/Sat nights, late.

All of my pets/family pets have gotten sick on weekends or holidays. Lily, Sky and Spring all got sick and died on weekends even with emergency vet care. =(

LBJ— I’m glad it’s nothing too serious. 17 is pretty old, so I definitely understand not wanting to risk putting her through surgery. Is your dog a mini or standard? I’d love to see a pic of your little lady if it wouldn’t be much trouble. (I never seem to see too many pics of your pets)

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Just taking a moment to check in

We have midterms in a few hours so I haven’t had much time to do anything besides study, help people evacuate, buy supplies for the evacuees, and cry when I think about all of my friends who have lost their homes. Good friends of ours (plus his dad and uncle who lived on property in different houses) lost EVERYTHING but his car, and a few pictures (they barely had time to evacuate)…he’s a firefighter for CalFire and has to leave to go back on shift this weekend, and Ash is 5 months pregnant and her BLOODY BOSS LET HER GO RIGHT AFTER THEY FOUND OUT THEY LOST THEIR HOUSE BECAUSE ‘SHE DIDN’T WANT HER TO HAVE THAT STRESS AS WELL’. Like, What the??? I also KNOW her boss, and I just. I’m so ticked and angry and hurt and just. How could someone do that to someone else? Ashley is a VERY hard worker (just ask her previous bosses) and a GREAT employee, so I just don’t understand? Gah! It’s bad enough my entire STATE is in flames (we have two HUGE fires within two hours of me…the Valley fire in Lake county is by my brother’s place, Midtown is almost completely done, and the Butte fire is right by me, started about 10 milesish from my property…) but people have to be so cruel on top of it?  I’m so thankful for most every other person in my county for pulling together, but the person who let go of Ashley and is all over Facebook saying how bad they feel for them just makes my blood boil ?????

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

abh— I’m sorry you have to be going through all this stress. The fires are just terrible, I feel sad whenever I think of them. And I feel bad for your friend too, she shouldn’t of lost her job! Losing your job is more stressful, because (I’m assuming this is the same friend that lost the house to the fire?) after you lost your home, now have no money and a baby coming, must be really scary. I’ll be thinking of all of you in California. (((Stay safe)))

• Nora
      Participant

Slightly good news on the bonding front. I moved them up to a larger area (an x-pen set up in the smallest square, probably 2 ft square) and they haven’t been fighting much. Today they did 25 minutes without a single fight. They spent the whole time staring at each nose-to-nose. Posturing, but I’ll take it over fighting!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Nora— That’s good that they aren’t fighting as much. Sending some (((bonding vibes))) your way!

• Bam

Nora, that sounds like progress! I admire your determination! Bonding vibes from me too!
      Abh, the fires must be terrible. So sorry about your friend who lost her job on top of it all.

• Sindri
      Participant

Abh I am sorry to hear about the fires and your friend. I think its horrible they fired her in a time like this. I hope things get better for them soon.

Nora glad to hear your rabbits are doing better with the bonding. It sounds like progress! I will also send you some ((((((( bonding vibes!)))))))) I remember how difficult I had it. Now my two love each other so much. This morning I watched Kilala groom Usagi and then he groomed her back. It went on for a good while. Its been over a year now that they have been bonded.

• tori rose
      Participant

Abh, how awful! I feel that boss is using any excuse possible to cut back on employees with everything going on depending on the business. They could at least give a valid answer for letting her go like that): it’s scary losing on work too when you become solely responsible for another life, because it’s not just about you anymore and you don’t want them to suffer at all you know? that really hits hard just hearing that part alone, nevertheless losing home and all possessions.

Nora that’s great news! I hope once I do get another rabbit that it isn’t too tough with bonding. So hit or miss it seems(but worth it).

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’m going to make some toys for our local animal shelter. I plan on eventually (maybe in the next couple weeks) buying some supplies for them. They have a list of stuff they are always in need of on their website so I picked a few reasonably priced things off of there I plan on buying. I’m then going to put it all in a box and drop it off. =)

• LBJ10

Sorry, I wasn’t home last night and tonight.

ABH – That’s awful! I can’t imagine someone being so cold.

Nora – That’s wonderful! Keep it up!

Moxie – She’s a standard, but she’s also a long hair/wire hair cross. We always just called it “teddy bear”. LOL She always weighed around 15lbs and the vet kept telling us she weighed too much. But she was never fat, her body always had good contour. She didn’t look like a sausage with legs. She still weighs about the same, but she has fatty tumors now so I’m sure she really weighs less than she does.

I don’t have a recent picture on my computer, I just have this one. I think a lot of the pictures I had are on the old computer.   She’s so old though that pictures of her early days were on film (digital cameras were SO expensive then).

• The Law Bun
      Participant

LBJ- he looks adorable! You must really like the furrier breeds of animals. Aren’t your rabbits of the hairier breeds?

MM- I think thats very admirable! I know my local shelter loves it when people give them donations and love it even more when they are toys.

Nora- thats awesome. Cannot wait for bonded bunny photos.

ABH- That sounds awful! I am sorry for your friend, but at least your house is safe. I always though if I lived in northern cali i’d have like a huge moat haha. Vibes that the fires stay far away!

• LBJ10

Law Bun – LOL, I don’t know about that. We shave her all the time. I think her fur was growing out a little bit in that picture. And yes, Wooly has long hair. Leopold has, uh, regular (?) fur.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant
      4482 posts Send Private Message

I can’t believe I haven’t posted on this thread yet this month. Hi everyone!

• LBJ10

Hi LEL! Whatcha know?

Oh my gosh, you guys. You will not believe what happened tonight. My dog tried to sneak a tissue. My husband caught her red-handed. Normally we just grab the tissue and take it away (otherwise she eats it). She knows she’s not supposed to eat them. Well, I don’t know what got into her tonight, but she bit my husband when he went to grab it. And I mean she bit him! Hard! =\

• Bam

LBJ that’s worrisome But since she’s just been checked by your vet it hopefully isn’t pain that makes her over-react. I hope it’s “just” old age.
      I’ve never known anyone who had a dog that old. It’s truly awesome.
      And she’s so cute in that pic too!

• LBJ10

Bam – Well he could have bumped the front of her mouth, I don’t know. As I said before, the vet said the tooth roots of her upper canines are exposed. I imagine that’s sensitive.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Aww she’s so cute. Snickers father was long-haired. =) I don’t think 15 pounds is too much for a standard. According to Animalplanet(dot)com and Wikipedia, standard dachshunds can reach 32 pounds. Although it’s always good to make sure dachshunds maintain a healthy weight to avoid back problems. Again, SHE’S SO CUTE!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

TheLawBun- Thanks. =)

I’m so tired…

• tori rose
      Participant

LBJ, I’m sorry to hear. The tooth sensitivity sounds like more of the culprit as far as biting goes and not your dog its self. I know I snap at my husband if even my food gets touched lol. I hope your husband is okay though

Honey lemon is being a giant turd weasel today, maybe it’s because she is shedding, who knows. She keeps jumping out of her pen like crazy which normally she doesnt, even with fabric dropped over the top. So I was like “alright, I get it goof” and let her out after putting the dogs in another room. Well now she keeps trying to bite my pants specifically which hurts but it seems more like she’s trying to groom them because if it’s my skin she’s locking it while I pet her and try to loosen the fur coming out.. then she keeps trying to stick her head to the bottom of my glass for my juice(which is actually funny and I stop her at least) but she’s acting more like my crazy toddler not my bunny lol. Also, I noticed a sore on her foot today, it hasn’t been there long and is small but could it be from her shedding? I use yoga mat and soft fabric for flooring so it kind of shocked me to see):

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I was trying to clean and wash walls. A large spider (about the size of a quarter) landed behind my ear. I felt something tickling so I brushed it off and it was floating and smacking against me and got stuck on me. Let’s just say I knocked a few things over (on accident) and have decided to take a break. Much too stressful.

• Cottontail
      Participant
      1070 posts Send Private Message

Hi all! Just poking my head in to let you know that we’re still around. I’ve been swamped with life lately so my only real online contact has been through facebook since it’s a fast sign on and I use that for business and family contacts. I’m also on a new computer, so I’m figuring out what windows 10 likes and hates about the internet.

I’ve been working more on my art sales and setting up house, and I’ve been a bit under the weather but am getting better.

Zoey is settling in to her new home nicely, and likes to spend time each evening sitting in “her” chair and watching the bunnies.
      Tilly and Duncan are still doing fine, although Duncan has had a few random days where he decides to be a little butt… but otherwise they seem like a happy couple. We still have 3 fosters that we’re trying to raise medical funding for, and still looking for homes for 2 of them… so it’s been busy to say the least.

• LBJ10

Thanks Moxie. She’s still cute, even now. I’m not sure how old she is in that picture. Maybe 12 or 13?
      Oh no! LOL, I bet that was a shock.

Tori – She isn’t normally food aggressive, but I guess you never know what was going through her mind.
      Sounds like your bunny is a hyper little girl. Hehehe!

• Nora
      Participant

Ack, Moxie, that’s terrible! I hate hate hate spiders. I would be freaking out all day!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Ha ha, I know, spiders are terrible! After that I was so scared to help clean anymore by roofs/cracks because I was afraid another one would land on me! Ha ha

• LBJ10

Hi CT! We’ve missed you! Sorry to hear you haven’t been well, but glad to hear that Tilly and Duncan are doing well.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant
      4128 posts Send Private Message

Checking in. I am still alive! Just had to fly to Florida, my grandmother was sent to the hospital. She’s having some sort of uncontrollable shaking, combined with blabbering and being unable to form any real words. They thought it was a stroke, but tests were negative. Then they were thinking seizures, but tests were negative. So they were calling it “seizure like activity”. They still don’t really know how to stop it, but she’s on medication that is helping. So far I am still down here though, been 20 days, because I don’t trust leaving her alone. She could fall, or have a heart attack, or anything during them. Her blood pressure goes up during. And she’s diabetic, but with the new medication they put her on, she can’t tell her sugar is dropping… today it dropped down so low she was only partially conscious and I had to keep poking her to get her to eat something to get her glucose levels back up, because she kept losing consciousness during. If I hadn’t checked on her, she would have laid there until it dropped low enough to send her to a coma, since she couldn’t tell it was low until it was too late for her to respond.

…. so yeah no idea when I can be back to normal internet activity.

• LBJ10

Stickerbunny! I was wondering where you were. I suppose that explains your absence. Sorry to hear your grandmother is having these episodes. That sounds scary. =( Hope she is better soon and hope you can return to us soon too.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Went to our county fair yesterday/last night. Let’s just say I almost came home with a dozen baby bunnies and a pot-belly piglet. Luckily I was able to stay strong against their cuteness lol! (It’s always dangerous for me to go to those events) THE POT BELLY PIGS WERE SO CUTE I ALMOST DIED!!!!! (It was hilarious because one of the baby pigs started humping another one and my little sister was like “What is it doing, is it trying to get a ride?” and this random guy says “I’ll let you explain that one” to my mother. I was funny. ) But I still wanted one so bad, pot-bellied pigs have always been my fave animal pretty much.
      When I got home I very excitedly told my dad “Guess what they had baby pot-bellied pigs at the fair!” and he goes “Uh-oh, don’t tell me we have any in the trunk!”

• redbunbun
      Participant

We’re off to the vet in an hour – wish us luck, we need all the vibes we can get for poor little Sukka! I’m praying they can a) figure out what’s wrong with her and b) treat it somehow!

• Bam

Best of luck at the vet, Redbunbun!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Good luck & (((VIBES))) for you and Sukka!!! Keep us updated.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Double post.

• redbunbun
      Participant

We’re back from the vet, and it’s probably the best news we could hope for – which in this case isn’t brilliant news, but it’s still better than the alternative! I’ve gone through everything in more detail in Sukka’s health issue thread, so I won’t reiterate it here, but thanks for the vibes, guys! I’m sure they helped us get through the day as well as we did! Nothing more powerful than BB vibes!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Going to check out your thread now!

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant

*falls over*

Good morning, everybody! I’ve been so bad about keeping up with this thread this month…September has been crazy! I’m back from my convention in Austin, which was AMAZING, so hopefully life will get back to normal now. I’m so far behind, I’m not even going to attempt to catch up, so {{{vibes}}} to whoever needs them and I hope everyone is doing ok!

My husband lost his new job the day after we got back from DragonCon, which sucks, but he went right back to being a manager at Domino’s, so at least he’s not unemployed. My R+F convention got me super excited about THAT business though, so I’ve been working extra-hard in my “off time” (because that’s a thing I like to imagine I have).

Bunnywise, things are great. Toby is the same as always and KitKat has healed perfectly from her surgery. No issues at all! She’s shedding like a crazy person, which is driving me batty, but otherwise great. So. Much. Hair. I swear, I think my child probably eats half a rabbit’s worth of hair a week, lol.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

BunsAndDolls– Too bad your husband lost his job, but as you said it’s good he’s not unemployed. I’m glad your DragonCon went well. But forgive me, as I’m not sure what DragonCon or R+F is.

• LBJ10

BunsAndDolls – Why did your husband lose his new job? Because you guys went out of town?

• AndHenry
      Participant
      4531 posts Send Private Message

I’m alive – barely! Some of it has been self inflicted (and I can’t even blame Jack Sparrow ), and some not! Oh well….

Just letting you know I have been reading all the posts and I only haven’t replied cause I don’t really know what to say – the conversation has changed a lot since I was last able to log in.

But I thought you may like to know Henry only got re-gifted twice this year… and stupid me got him back again for my birthday! Bugga!
      I’m counting down till Christmas, ha ha ha!

Super happy to see you back again Stickerbunny, and am terribly sorry about your current situation. Wishing you all well…. it’s not fun or fair for anyone. (((vibes)))

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant

Moxie – lol, thanks! DragonCon is a comic book/pop culture convention. Largest one in the Southeastern US – lots of celebrities, artists, creators…too much stuff to buy, hahaha! 

R+F=Rodan+Fields…it’s my second job. I’m a rep for a skincare company by the same doctors that developed Proactiv.

LBJ – Yep…even though when he GOT the job, he informed the manager that he would be needing that one day off. He was told it was fine because it was only one day, but then the manager started throwing out all these stipulations. Like, “it’s fine if you miss that day if you do this first.” Tried to get us to put it off and not leave until Saturday, even after explaining that we’ve had these tickets and hotel reservations for 6 months and there are OTHER people going with us. It was dumb.

• LBJ10

Andi – you mean Jack Sparrow didn’t visit you again? I thought perhaps he kidnapped you and took you away on his ship. :p

• Bam

I’m so glad Cpt Jack Sparrow hasn’t snatched you away, Andi although Henry would undoubtedly love life as a pirate.
      Dolls and buns, I’m sorry about your hubby’s job but perhaps it was for the best, the manager doesn’t seem very nice to work for.
      Sticker bunny, so glad to see you here, I’m sorry about your grandmother. Perhaps you could get some injectable glucagon, it’s really helpful when a diabetic person’s blood sugar drops so low it’s difficult or not possible to make her eat or drink sth.
      Moxie, you really should get a pot-bellied pig. I bet it would look so good in a tutu.

• LBJ10

Sorry, I was at work earlier. LOL Bam, I can just see Henry in a pirate hat!

Moxie, OMG, yes you NEED a pot-bellied pig!

And BunsAndDolls, that really sucks. I’m sorry. But maybe Bam is right. Maybe the job isn’t something your husband wanted anyway. If the employer really wanted to hire a new employee, they would be accommodating. I mean, you had made reservations 6 months ago. I’m sure it was before your husband even applied for the job. Perhaps the employer was looking for a sucker and they were mad when your husband wouldn’t bend over backwards for this “wonderful” job that they felt he should be grateful to have.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ and Bam— I know! I’ve always wanted one, even since I was very little (when I was about 8 I went through an “obsession” because I was so sure I was going to convince my parents to let me get one, so I collected statues, bought books and planned! LOL). But with the previous house not allowing them, and now having 4 dogs it has never worked out. I do plan on getting one EVENTUALLY, Even if that’s once I’m out of vet school and have my own house.

• LBJ10

Wooly is so freaky! I looked in their room to check on them. Wooly was completely sprawled out on his side, sound asleep. But his eye was open. So creepy! LOL

• MissGabbster
      Participant

Ox does the same thing when he sleeps. It’s so weird!

• LBJ10

I know! And he was doing his little mouth and nose twitches (you know, when they are in a deeper sleep) at the same time too. LOL

• emm_renn
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

Just wanted to say happy international rabbit day!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I didn’t even know there was an international rabbit day! Happy international rabbit day!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So I signed up for a christmas play that will be held 3 days in a row this december. I’m kinda scared, as I have terrible stage fright!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

On a side note only 60 days to Thanksgiving. AND, I know a lot of people don’t want to hear it, but only 89 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

• Cottontail
      Participant

Popping back on to say “HAPPY INTERNATIONAL RABBIT DAY!”

Tilly and Duncan are doing fine (as is Zoey.)
      Duncan was upset when I came up without his salad, but he’s a bright boy… I asked him what was wrong while he was nudging me, and he nudged the cloth shopping bag next to me. I noticed immediately he was stretching his neck so that he could nudge the picture of the lettuce on the bag and then nudge me again. lol Smart but spoiled boy! Also, I found out that Tilly goes BALLISTIC over oxbow bell-pepper treats.

I apologize for not really catching up with the chats, and threads; but would like to send out some positive well being and healing vibes to anyone that feels in need. {{{VIBES}}}

• LBJ10

Duncan is a very bright boy!

• Bam

Happy international rabbit day to all rabbits and rabbit-owners! I’m a day late but still.

Duncan really is clever! The bell-pepper treats sound good, we don’t get them here. I’ve made some tasty (according to the bunnies) cookies from hay and apple and whitebream-berries. It’s so crazy rewarding to see bunnies happily munching away at sth you made for them.

Andi, in case you read this, I dreamt about Henry the whole night =) We were trying to catch him and he kept outsmarting us. It was quite exhausting!

• LBJ10

Oh no, Henry would NEVER do that.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Cottontail—Duncan is so smart. =) And, does Tilly like fresh bell peppers? Moxie doesn’t but I wonder if she’d like the treat…

Now a treat related question to anybody. Has anybody ever tried Timothy bites from Wild Harvest? It’s 100% timothy hay compressed into little balls…
      http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wild-Harvest-Timothy-Bites-Hay-16-Oz-Birds/13281282

• aBeautifulHope
      Participant

Gah, sorry I’ve been absent! Things are crazy over here , and Moxie…those are what I feed my sister’s old, barely any teeth left, retiree instead of hay since she can’t chew the hay anymore, and the cubes are almost like already chewed little hay globs. You can pick up a 40lb bag from Tractor Supply or a feed store for about $14. It’s called ‘Timothy Cubes’ or the like and they last forever if you keep them dry and out of the sunlight When I used to show I would use a mixture of Timothy and Alfalfa cubes to get my horses to stay hydrated and drink water regularly I haven’t tried to give any to Luna, but like I said they’re just compressed and chopped hay so I don’t think they’d be too much different from the hay she’s already fed ))

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Thanks ABH.

• BunLuv
      Participant
      637 posts Send Private Message

I had the oxbow timothy cubes, neither bunny cared for them.

• Bam

I too tried the Oxbow timothy hay-cubes and my buns have never shown less interest in anything I’ve ever offered them =(

I’ve tried an all-hay pellet, Bam ate those but Yohio didn’t.

• MissGabbster
      Participant

Not going to say too much on it right now because I’m sleepy and heading to bed; but let’s just say I celebrated International Rabbit Day in a big way.

• AndHenry
      Participant

OMG bam! You must have woken up exhausted, ha ha ha! And yes he would LBJ!!!
      But in all seriousness I have learned that I can pick him up easily with no chasing… I do the ‘pat and grab’, ha ha ha! I pat him and as I reach his mid I go for the pick up, works every time. NOT that I like to pick him up anymore – we end up covered in fluff, yuck! To think I always wanted to hold him when I couldn’t and now that I can, I don’t want to! LOL!

Ummm…. I haven’t heard of the hay cubes Moxie??? But then again my choice has always been restricted – sad face!

• AndHenry
      Participant

You DID MissG!

• Bam

Andi, speaking of fluff, I have been lint-rolling both Bam and Yohio lately. They’ve never been prettier and best of all, no fluff flying around! Maybe you could try that with Henry. Or I could try if I manage to catch him in some other dream =) They don’t seem to hate being lint-rolled like they hate being brushed.

I didn’t really celebrate International Rabbit Day =( We went sailing and the buns stayed at home =/

• AndHenry
      Participant

I didn’t celebrate International Rabbit Day either – I didn’t know about it, ha ha ha! And as far as Henry is concerned, every day is bunny day!

TBH I have given up on the fluff, though I have moved Henry’s set up (feeding trough and toilet) into the bedroom to help reduce the fluff throughout the house and it’s worked! I was worried he may not spend time out here when I’m out here, but he does. The dog’s follow me and Henry follows the dog’s! All good, ha ha ha!
      But when I thought the fluff in the bedroom from him sleeping under the bed couldn’t get any worse – it did! I sneeze twice as much everyday! But the rest of my house is sorta fluff free…. LOL!

• Bam

It’s Rabbit Day all year round here as well!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Uh-oh MissG, are we talking about a bunny NO.2? I am thoroughly interested.

• BunsAndDolls
      Participant

Happy Monday, everyone! I can’t believe I didn’t even know it was International Rabbit Day! I’ll have to take some pictures tonight to make up for it, lol. I have to grab KitKat for a good brushing tonight anyway, might as well do a photo shoot after I claim some of the fluff. She’s still sporting her bunny mullet, it’s too funny.

And thanks – I agree that the job loss thing was probably a blessing in disguise. He’s been much happier at work, even if he is back to delivering pizza. At least it’s a job he knows and people that he likes.

Does anybody here play FFIV online? My husband is addicted to it, and we recently bought it for me to play as well, so we can play together. Just curious if anybody else is wandering around there, lol.

• Bam

I’m so glad emm_renn reminded us of the big day so I could give the buns an extra cookie each.
      (Yes, they would’ve gotten their extra cookies anyway, but don’t tell them that.)

B&D, a bunny mullet sounds too cute! Please give us before-and-after pix!
      I don’t play online games, I’m too old  

Bam eating a cookie 

And for those who’d like to see this little marvel of a bunny boy eat his cookie on YouTube: 

• Cottontail
      Participant

Moxie – I’ve never actually given Tilly any fresh bellpepper but she’d probably like it.
      The bag of treats did not survive, sadly… Tilly took a note out of Pete’s book and climbed a bookshelf to get to the bag. I found it shredded and empty laying on the floor the next morning between two very content, well-fed, flopped-out bunnies. Needless to say they were very grumpy and didn’t understand why there was no bed-time biscuit later on.

• Bam

Cottontail, it’s so frustrating when your pets find your bridge pets’ notes. My dog only last year or so found my dog Nala’s old collection of notes on how to position herself where she’s most in the way and where people are most likely to trip over her.

• MK
      Participant
      751 posts Send Private Message

Hi All I’ve been gone for months I’ll never catch up!!! I’m attempting to write a paper on Ishi and Kroeber and it isn’t going too well…..

• MissGabbster
      Participant

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I KNEW IT!!! (haven’t even seen the thread yet lol, that’s how sure I am!)

• Bam

MissG, you really did celebrate International Rabbit Day =)

• Sindri
      Participant

I had no idea there was an International Rabbit Day. MissG you did celebrate it well! I didn’t celebrate it since I didn’t know about it.

I haven’t been on much lately due to the fact that I am cleaning my house like I have never cleaned a house before and it is extremely time consuming. I am still working on it but just have the kitchen and laundry room to go through. The kitchen is going to take a good while since I want to go through all the cabinets and clean them out.

The bunnies are doing well. They are funny. I removed the carpet out of the closet from their old rabbit room and added it to their space in their new area and they spend a lot of time on that carpet. my husband said it probably reminds them of their old room. It expanded their space nicely. I can’t wait until this house sells and we are in our new house where they have their own room again. I want them to have as much space as possible to play in. Kilala really loves to do her zoomies and binkies in the evenings so she could definitely use more space. Sometimes Usagi looks freaked out when she is running around playing. He has an expression on his face like “Whats wrong with her mommy has she gone crazy?”

I hope everyone is doing well. I wish I had time to comment to everyone but I need to get some more work done. Take care everyone!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I can’t believe it is already almost October!

• LBJ10

Oh, I thought I replied yesterday. LOL

I’m exhausted. Took a very, uh, energetic group on a field trip today. We looked for frogs. Didn’t catch any. Then I came home an discovered the dog had peed in her bed. =\

MK – What’s Ishi and Kroeber?

Sindriona – I take it you mean you have never taken everything apart and cleaned every nook and cranny. Yes, that does take forever. LOL

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

It has been raining non stop for over 24 hours. Our property is FLOODED, up to your ankles, and the drainage “rivers” are working as fast as they can to drain the water off of the property, and the chickens won’t go in their run because of the rain (even though we have sand in there so their area isn’t flooded). I sat in there with them for like an hour, giving them treats and talking to them. Crooked beak (we are working on a better name for her, my sister suggested Crookina lol) is so friendly, she will always come up so you can pat her.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I decided for my birthday I’m just going to have an all night movie marathon with my 2 best friends. We are probably going to watch movies like “If I stay”, “The Fault In Our Stars” and “Paper Towns”.

• redbunbun
      Participant

Tossu and my boyfriend are finally getting along! My boyfriend is more of a cat and dog person, and he’s never had any pets that were prey animals before, so he tried to play with the bunnies the same way he tried to play with cats and dogs. Obviously, the average rabbit won’t really respond to that, so my boyfriend always kind of thought that Tossu is a bit boring, but they would leave each other alone and get along famously that way. Once Sukka came along, though, my boyfriend fell in love. He’s consequently started making a huge effort to be Tossu’s friend as well, using the techniques he’s learned from interacting with Sukka.

I caught the two of them cuddling when I went away for a bit to take a shower yesterday! I’m a bit jealous, since Tossu used to only cuddle me (), but at the same time, I’m pretty elated. My boys are finally friends! <3

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’m glad your boyfriend and Tossu are getting along redbunbun!

• LBJ10

Moxie – That sounds like a good birthday party. We always did slumber parties when I was in middle/high school for my friends’ birthdays. And yes, we would stay up all night watching movies.

redbunbun – Aww, that sounds so sweet. Yeah, bunnies have a different way of “playing”. I’m glad your boyfriend is connecting with them.

Viewing 219 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.