Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE September Chat

This topic contains 219sd replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  LBJ10 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 220 total)
  • Author

AndHenry
    Participant

I’m alive – barely! Some of it has been self inflicted (and I can’t even blame Jack Sparrow ), and some not! Oh well….

Just letting you know I have been reading all the posts and I only haven’t replied cause I don’t really know what to say – the conversation has changed a lot since I was last able to log in.

But I thought you may like to know Henry only got re-gifted twice this year… and stupid me got him back again for my birthday! Bugga!
    I’m counting down till Christmas, ha ha ha!

Super happy to see you back again Stickerbunny, and am terribly sorry about your current situation. Wishing you all well…. it’s not fun or fair for anyone. (((vibes)))

BunsAndDolls
    Participant

Moxie – lol, thanks! DragonCon is a comic book/pop culture convention. Largest one in the Southeastern US – lots of celebrities, artists, creators…too much stuff to buy, hahaha! 

R+F=Rodan+Fields…it’s my second job. I’m a rep for a skincare company by the same doctors that developed Proactiv.

LBJ – Yep…even though when he GOT the job, he informed the manager that he would be needing that one day off. He was told it was fine because it was only one day, but then the manager started throwing out all these stipulations. Like, “it’s fine if you miss that day if you do this first.” Tried to get us to put it off and not leave until Saturday, even after explaining that we’ve had these tickets and hotel reservations for 6 months and there are OTHER people going with us. It was dumb.

LBJ10

Andi – you mean Jack Sparrow didn’t visit you again? I thought perhaps he kidnapped you and took you away on his ship. :p

Bam

I’m so glad Cpt Jack Sparrow hasn’t snatched you away, Andi although Henry would undoubtedly love life as a pirate.
    Dolls and buns, I’m sorry about your hubby’s job but perhaps it was for the best, the manager doesn’t seem very nice to work for.
    Sticker bunny, so glad to see you here, I’m sorry about your grandmother. Perhaps you could get some injectable glucagon, it’s really helpful when a diabetic person’s blood sugar drops so low it’s difficult or not possible to make her eat or drink sth.
    Moxie, you really should get a pot-bellied pig. I bet it would look so good in a tutu.

LBJ10

Sorry, I was at work earlier. LOL Bam, I can just see Henry in a pirate hat!

Moxie, OMG, yes you NEED a pot-bellied pig!

And BunsAndDolls, that really sucks. I’m sorry. But maybe Bam is right. Maybe the job isn’t something your husband wanted anyway. If the employer really wanted to hire a new employee, they would be accommodating. I mean, you had made reservations 6 months ago. I’m sure it was before your husband even applied for the job. Perhaps the employer was looking for a sucker and they were mad when your husband wouldn’t bend over backwards for this “wonderful” job that they felt he should be grateful to have.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

LBJ and Bam— I know! I’ve always wanted one, even since I was very little (when I was about 8 I went through an “obsession” because I was so sure I was going to convince my parents to let me get one, so I collected statues, bought books and planned! LOL). But with the previous house not allowing them, and now having 4 dogs it has never worked out. I do plan on getting one EVENTUALLY, Even if that’s once I’m out of vet school and have my own house.

LBJ10

Wooly is so freaky! I looked in their room to check on them. Wooly was completely sprawled out on his side, sound asleep. But his eye was open. So creepy! LOL

MissGabbster
    Participant

Ox does the same thing when he sleeps. It’s so weird!

LBJ10

I know! And he was doing his little mouth and nose twitches (you know, when they are in a deeper sleep) at the same time too. LOL

emm_renn
    Participant

Just wanted to say happy international rabbit day!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I didn’t even know there was an international rabbit day! Happy international rabbit day!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

So I signed up for a christmas play that will be held 3 days in a row this december. I’m kinda scared, as I have terrible stage fright!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

On a side note only 60 days to Thanksgiving. AND, I know a lot of people don’t want to hear it, but only 89 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Cottontail
    Participant

Popping back on to say “HAPPY INTERNATIONAL RABBIT DAY!”

Tilly and Duncan are doing fine (as is Zoey.)
    Duncan was upset when I came up without his salad, but he’s a bright boy… I asked him what was wrong while he was nudging me, and he nudged the cloth shopping bag next to me. I noticed immediately he was stretching his neck so that he could nudge the picture of the lettuce on the bag and then nudge me again. lol Smart but spoiled boy! Also, I found out that Tilly goes BALLISTIC over oxbow bell-pepper treats.

I apologize for not really catching up with the chats, and threads; but would like to send out some positive well being and healing vibes to anyone that feels in need. {{{VIBES}}}

LBJ10

Duncan is a very bright boy!

Bam

Happy international rabbit day to all rabbits and rabbit-owners! I’m a day late but still.

Duncan really is clever! The bell-pepper treats sound good, we don’t get them here. I’ve made some tasty (according to the bunnies) cookies from hay and apple and whitebream-berries. It’s so crazy rewarding to see bunnies happily munching away at sth you made for them.

Andi, in case you read this, I dreamt about Henry the whole night =) We were trying to catch him and he kept outsmarting us. It was quite exhausting!

LBJ10

Oh no, Henry would NEVER do that.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Cottontail—Duncan is so smart. =) And, does Tilly like fresh bell peppers? Moxie doesn’t but I wonder if she’d like the treat…

Now a treat related question to anybody. Has anybody ever tried Timothy bites from Wild Harvest? It’s 100% timothy hay compressed into little balls…
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wild-Harvest-Timothy-Bites-Hay-16-Oz-Birds/13281282

aBeautifulHope
    Participant

Gah, sorry I’ve been absent! Things are crazy over here , and Moxie…those are what I feed my sister’s old, barely any teeth left, retiree instead of hay since she can’t chew the hay anymore, and the cubes are almost like already chewed little hay globs. You can pick up a 40lb bag from Tractor Supply or a feed store for about $14. It’s called ‘Timothy Cubes’ or the like and they last forever if you keep them dry and out of the sunlight When I used to show I would use a mixture of Timothy and Alfalfa cubes to get my horses to stay hydrated and drink water regularly I haven’t tried to give any to Luna, but like I said they’re just compressed and chopped hay so I don’t think they’d be too much different from the hay she’s already fed ))

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Thanks ABH.

BunLuv
    Participant

I had the oxbow timothy cubes, neither bunny cared for them.

Bam

I too tried the Oxbow timothy hay-cubes and my buns have never shown less interest in anything I’ve ever offered them =(

I’ve tried an all-hay pellet, Bam ate those but Yohio didn’t.

MissGabbster
    Participant

Not going to say too much on it right now because I’m sleepy and heading to bed; but let’s just say I celebrated International Rabbit Day in a big way.

AndHenry
    Participant

OMG bam! You must have woken up exhausted, ha ha ha! And yes he would LBJ!!!
    But in all seriousness I have learned that I can pick him up easily with no chasing… I do the ‘pat and grab’, ha ha ha! I pat him and as I reach his mid I go for the pick up, works every time. NOT that I like to pick him up anymore – we end up covered in fluff, yuck! To think I always wanted to hold him when I couldn’t and now that I can, I don’t want to! LOL!

Ummm…. I haven’t heard of the hay cubes Moxie??? But then again my choice has always been restricted – sad face!

AndHenry
    Participant

You DID MissG!

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.