Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE September Chat

This topic contains 219sd replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  LBJ10 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 220 total)
  • Author

redbunbun
    Participant

LBJ10, I know how you feel! My dogs are 14 and 15, and even though they’re still in good shape for their age they’re definitely slowing down and I just have this horrible feeling that their health could take a sudden turn for the worse at any moment. I’ve found consolation in knowing that the best way for a dog to end its life is peacefully, at an old age, having lived a full life surrounded by people who love it – and we have the chance to give our dogs just that.

Bam

(((((LBJ’s dog)))))
    No fun AT ALL when your dog gets old and starts to decline. I’m sure your parents spoiled her while you were gone so she had the greatest time. My dog loves nothing better than to stay with her granny.

BunsAndDolls
    Participant

SO far behind on everything! We made it to Atlanta and back with no major issues and we had a BLAST at DragonCon, though I’m not sure if we’ll ever go again…it was so HUGE! I was a bit overwhelmed when we first got there and I wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy myself, but once I got used to the sheer number of people and the sprawling setup, I got a lot more excited and into it. There was a special extended hours night at the Georgia Aquarium for DC attendees on Saturday night, which was amazing. We really did have a great time…the wifi at all of the venues was terrible though, so I didn’t get to keep up with anything in the internet world.

I hope everyone is doing okay. LBJ, I hope your dog is doing well too!

The buns and guinea pigs survived our trip – I left them at home alone and my brother stopped in every day to check on everybody and make sure there was food and hay and water for them all. Toby stayed free-range the ENTIRE TIME, which I was a little terrified of. I thought he might eat the whole couch or coffee table or something, with nobody there to walk in and interrupt his diabolical scheming. But, he seems to have behaved himself and only chewed on his toys and a bit of cardboard, lol.

LBJ10

I’m pretty sure her teeth are bothering her. The vet can’t get her in until Monday. I went out and bought some soft food that is the same brand as what she has been eating. She gobbled it all up! This isn’t the only thing concerning me though. She does have a lot of trouble getting around too, especially if she’s trying to get up for a lying down position.

Something sort of funny happened at work today. Someone called and said they had some questions about my volunteer program. Excited, I was like “sure, what did you want to know”. Then he proceeded to tell me this sob story about how his car was impounded and he couldn’t afford to pay the fines to get it out. He wanted to know if he could volunteer through my program to have the fines forgiven. Uh… what?

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

LBJ— It’s always hard when our furbabies get older. Sending some (((Vibes))) for your dog! And that’s kinda funny. Did the company you work for impound his car and he wanted it back, or was it somewhere else and he wanted you guys to pay for it? Either way that’s crazy!

LBJ10

Moxie – I work for the city, but I do not work in that department. So I suppose it would be the second thing you said. His car was impounded somewhere else and he thought he could work it off by volunteering for my completely unrelated program that is from a completely unrelated department.

aBeautifulHope
    Participant

Gah, there’s a huge fire out here and the past two days have been spent helping people evacuate, and staying up most of the night waiting to see if I have to evacuate my horses…The fire is at 14,000-15,000 acres in 24 hours and only 10% contained…We’re wigging out a little bit over here because with how dry it is it may take a very long time for them to get the fire’s back under control

MissGabbster
    Participant

Stay safe, abh! Fires are frightening and they spread so quickly.

Those treats look like they’d be tasty for bunnies, Moxie!

It’s so hard when pets start to get older. (((VIBES)))

Kitty
    Participant

I like how people talk about snow…. I live in UK at the moment and we got very cold rain all the time so winter is just colder

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

abh—Stay safe!! It must be really scary right now. I’d have things ready just in case like pet carriers, harness and leashes ready at a moment’s notice and a bag of my most valuable possessions (like photos, cell phone, money and maybe something that is important to you like a necklace/figurine somebody gave you?). Hopefully it doesn’t come to you having to evacuate, but better prepared than not!
    Once we had the lumber mill across the street catch fire (like 100 feet away) and it burned down like 5 acres, several buildings and the 100-150 foot tall flames were just about jumping onto our property. This was at like 3 in the morning so we weren’t prepared! Luckily their house was saved along with their pet cats and it didn’t spread to our property, but it was still scary! Good luck!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Bought Snickers a new sweater since it’s starting to get colder. And some tulle, for Paris’ tutu!

aBeautifulHope
    Participant

It’s not going to come our way…possibly where the horses are but I already have an evacuation plan for them so we’ll be good! The fire is at over 50,000 acres and spreading at a rate of at least 1,000 acres an hour…it keeps doubling every twelve hours and has hit one or two neighborhoods and is not contained at all yet. We have at least 805 guys on it with more arriving all of the time. It’s actually directly headed for the local high school and 4-5 towns are under mandatory evacuation and we may lose COMPLETE towns if they can’t get a handle on it soon. I have a couple of buddies working it and prayers that they and the other fire fighters are ok would NOT go unappreciated!

aBeautifulHope
    Participant

I just got an update and the fire is at 64,728 acres and down to 5% contained from the 10% a few hours ago…there are so many evacuees it’s crazy. So many of our friends aren’t going to have a house to go home to when this is over

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

9/11/2015 5:56 PM
    I just got an update and the fire is at 64,728 acres and down to 5% contained from the 10% a few hours ago…there are so many evacuees it’s crazy. So many of our friends aren’t going to have a house to go home to when this is over

That’s terrible.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Paris’ tutu is nearly complete.

LBJ10

That’s scary abh. Is there no rain in the forecast?

OMG, my husband texted me when I was getting ready to leave work. He said the house down the hill from his parents was having an estate sale (the guy died a couple of months ago and his wife moved into town to live in a retirement neighborhood). Anyway, I left work and went there instead of going home. I noticed some bunny lawn ornaments in the garage and didn’t think much of it. Then we wandered down to the basement and it was literally bunnypalooza. Apparently this lady really liked bunnies. I’ll have to take a picture of the stuff I bought (just some little things). There was a “bunny crossing” thing that had the words painted on boards that were attached to a stick (sort of like a woodsy street sign). I squeed with delight and my husband adamantly said no. *sigh*

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

That’s so cool LBJ!

LBJ10

Moxie – It was cool. It was also a little bit disturbing. LOL Am I going to be like that when I’m old? She also must have liked local artisan stuff because there were a lot of paintings and little sculptures of wildlife. Some of them had the artist’s name and the name of the shop they came from.

Does anyone ever get the feeling they’re being watched? It felt like someone was watching me last night. Then I glanced down the hallway and there was Wooly sitting right behind the baby gate. He was just staring at me. o_O

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

You must post photos of what you got there LBJ.

Nora
    Participant

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well. Yay it’s September! My favorite month, probably, and not at all because it’s my birthday month…

After taking about a 4 week break, I started dating Pippin and Fíli again. It’s going better than last time, I think. I am taking it quite slow! I made a little wire box out of C&C panels and started them out at 15 min, increased slowly to an hour. Tonight we are going for a long session! So far it’s been 45 minutes and no fights yet. If this goes well for a few hours, tomorrow I may try them in a slightly larger area. They have to realize at some point there is no point in fighting, right?!

I found a cable a couple weeks ago that Fíli (I suspect) chewed when he got behind the TV. I replaced it for about $3, no problem, but then last week my boyfriend found some others that were cut and got really angry. He likes Pippin but hates Fíli and says he wishes we never got him. Poor Fíli. He’s a good bunny, just more curious and rambunctious than Pippin. I do feel bad about the stuff but felt like my bf was being really mean about it. Oh well. At least he likes Pippin! (They are both *my* bunnies, but since I live with my bf he has to deal with them.)

LBJ10

Aw, I’m sorry Nora. Fili can’t help it. I would hope your bf would understand.

Here is what I bought.

It’s just “junk”, but the little figurines will probably join the other bunnies in my office.

And…………. my husband brought something else home today. His parents bought it for me, but it was too dark to take a picture tonight.

Roberta
    Participant

I am starting to see why so many members have left or given up. I was hoping I was wrong but a couple of posts I saw today pretty much confirmed my suspicions. People when they are stressed and in need of help don’t always read the rules, they just throw up their hand and hope the lifeguard will see them. Some people don’t check dates, they see a problem shared and follow the thread. To be summarily dismissed with a generic blurb without having your fears, concerns or grief addressed is really humiliating and yet that seems to be the way a lot of people are being treated. These people don’t seek other groups or follow links, they crawl away broken and in fear of approaching other groups for help. There are ways to correct and guide without demeaning a person. If it wasn’t for some members here, now long gone, I would never have received the help that led me to rescue, that compassion is gone. I can only shake my head and walk away.

BinkyBunny
    Keymaster

@ Roberta —  Check your inbox — Just sent you a message to try and get an better understanding of your complaint. 

MissGabbster
    Participant

Nora, I can’t believe your bf said that. Fili is just doing what his bunny instincts are telling him to do. He doesn’t realize that he shouldn’t be chewing wire, he just thinks he’s being a good bunny and getting rid of all the “vines” you’ve got hanging around.

LBJ, those are cute bunny items!

I hope you’re still staying safe, abh! The wildfire is out of control and so many people and animals are out of a home right now.

Sindri
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t been on much. my husband took a week off of work and we took a few days to go out of town. Then we finished up on some of our house projects.

LBJ I like your items you got! my desk is full of rabbit stuff. Its a little crazy I will have to take a pic and show you my rabbit items. My grandson broke one of my favorite items I got of a bunny couple. I can always buy another one. I got a bunny couple statue in the garden as well. Its cement. I have decided awhile back to not clutter the house up anymore with bunny items. I think its enough for now. lol

ABH I hope you are doing okay with the fire situation. Stay safe!

The rabbits are doing great in their new setup in the eat in kitchen. I like having them there. Even my husband gives them pets now and seems happy with them there. I keep their digestive treats in the same cabinet we keep out vitamins. Every time we open the cabinet door they run over and start begging for their treats. My husband and I think its so cute. He will tell them that he has vitamins and that they aren’t rabbit treats. Its funny like they understand what he is saying. they turn and look at me like “Mommy are you going to get us a treat because Daddy didn’t give us one?” He has given them to them too.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.