Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE November Chat

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      445 posts Send Private Message

I hope no one minds if I start a November Chat thread almost 30 minutes early, or at all really. I was going to try out NaNoWriMo this year but as usual I chickened out… I didn’t really do anything for Halloween other than re-watch Holloween Baking Championship and I’m currently watching Christmas movies. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Sofia
        Participant
        348 posts Send Private Message

Same here, I used to love Halloween but this year I just stayed in with the buns binging Netflix. November 1st is actually Boos and Bobby’s (rb bun) gotcha day! One year today, couldn’t imagine a life without them anymore!

• joea64
          Participant
          1423 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit! (Names to be filled in later, I’m a bit groggy this time of day. ) Had a quiet Halloween too.

• Asriel and Bombur
            Participant
            1104 posts Send Private Message

Fernando, Asriel’s chest, Nimbus!

I had a hair dye fiasco to undo xD I went blonde two weeks ago, and the intent is to eventually go Gwen Stefani platinum. Had a snafu when we initially started. I used a mixture of henna+indigo a few months ago to get a black tint to my hair, and now that mixture has lifted blue and green in some places. So the intent was to fix it yesterday get platinum go home and be a hollaback girl. NOPE. Spent 4 hours between oil treatments and lifting conditioners to end up with a gorgeous silver platinum… with bright blue streaks in places. I work at a law firm so that’s a definite no go. So they had to die it back to my natural color so that it can lift uniformly in 3 weeks. So once a week for the next three weeks I have to slather coconut oil on my hair and let it sit for 12 hours. I guess it helps to break up the henna mixture. Sooooooo I should be Gwen Stefani just in time for Thanksgiving. It is a bit depressing to look in the mirror and see brown again. I had never been blonde before so this has been an interesting experience to say the least!

Hope everyone has a cozy November!

• Q8bunny
              Participant
              6345 posts Send Private Message

Chewie’s tummy, Podge, Olaf.

We did NOTHING special for Samhain this year. Not even a nibble of chocolate. Torrential rains nonstop since Tuesday (still going strong), some flooding, vegan takeout for dinner

A&B – sorry about the hair woes. Did you try to use a dye stripper first, or just tackled it with powder bleach? I’ve been a bottle blond for a pretty long time and do my own hair now because I’ve had scary powder bleach results from salons. lol I think they see my hair and never suspect how easily my pigment lifts. Of course, henna would complicate matters immensely (as would indigo). Natural dyes and synthetic ones rarely mix well due to metallic salts not playing nicely with the altered hair. Ho hum… hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer for your hollaback girl hair. So… your law firm doesn’t go for the fun anime hair?

• Bam
                16872 posts Send Private Message

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!

Happy belated Gotcha Day Boo!

A&B, henna really bites into hair. I used to dye my hair a lot but I’ve stopped. Just normal blond now.

• Asriel and Bombur
                  Participant

Happy belated gotcha day Boo and Bobby!

It was all done at the salon. This girl is really good too and knows her stuff, so I do feel like I’m in good hands. I just wished the place that sold me the henna would’ve informed me about it. HR actually commented on the change back to brunette. Nothing about when I went blonde, but the brunette she had to mention *eyeroll*

Chewie: I don’t think she used bleach at all. She used a mixture of Olaplex, a different type of lightner, and dye all at once. And yes about the pigment! When I went in 2 weeks ago Heaven had prepared me to be in that chair for a good 8 hours, but it lifted all the way down to the darkest blonde shade with one process (naturally dark chocolate hair). So thank goodness for thin hair sometimes xD

• LBJ10
                    16899 posts Send Private Message

Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy!

Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze!

• Tony's Mum
                      Participant
                      431 posts Send Private Message

We had a boring Samhain too. Had some food and lit some candles. Our village had a fireworks display and noise scared the crap out of the buns and one of our neighbors dogs got scared and ran off, and still hasn’t been found ?

Boo, Tony’s gotcha day is November too ? I can’t believe it’s only been two years, he is the centre of my world.

• Q8bunny
                        Participant

A&B Familiar with Olaplex. Lovely stuff but sooo expensive. I currently use Wella Colorcharm liquid in the 12A with a 30v developer – brush application to roots only, and daily tiny dollop of blue shampoo to prevent brassiness. Takes me from a medium brown to a light blonde in the span of a movie.

• Muj Mom N Bun
                          Participant
                          352 posts Send Private Message

Late again!!! And with days ahead intention… I still end up here late….. white Rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!

BunBun! Olaf! And Allen! All Minus Ears, Nose, Tails, and Toes! ???

• Muj Mom N Bun
                            Participant

We went to take a brief walk around to see a few neighbor’s Halloween decorations… we have a few houses in our area that really love to get their spook on and it’s pretty fun to watch them make it bigger and bigger every year. We ended up with surprisingly lovely weather for the evening and it brought out a mob of trick o treaters so we cut our walk super short bcz I wanted to run back to the home so that I could begin handing out as much candy as soon as possible bcz I wanted none of it left over! Both my neighbor and I had no problem with that bcz this year we were cleaned out! ?

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                              Participant
                              2512 posts Send Private Message

@Tony’s Mum: Oh no, I hope they’ll find the dog again soon 

@A&B: hope that this time it’ll work out well!

More pampering and salon time: I gave Breintje a mani/pedi and a massage today. Nail clipping was a disaster last time because I accidentally cut the quick. This time I tried to file his nails, holding the nail still at the base. That went a lot better, he still struggled a bit but he doesn’t flinch when something touches the nail. No thumps afterwards either, just two huge eyes begging for raisins. Oh, and a cleaning session which included both my hands as well Success, mission accomplished!

• BunnyLass568
                                Participant

Oops forgot about white rabbit… ahem. White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit: all of Thumper, under Blossom’s tail.

I looked at my calendar and oh gosh! Blossom and Thumper’s half year anniversary is coming up in a few days! I wanna do something special for them but lack funds, do you guys have any suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Sofia
                                  Participant
                                  348 posts Send Private Message

@bunnylass honestly the bunnies don’t care nearly as much as we do about anniversaries ? just make them feel extra special, lots of cuddles, maybe a few of their favourite treats

• BunnyLass568
                                    Participant

Posted By I’m with Boo on 11/03/2018 10:38 AM

@bunnylass honestly the bunnies don’t care nearly as much as we do about anniversaries ? just make them feel extra special, lots of cuddles, maybe a few of their favourite treats

Lol I know XD thanks for the suggestions!

• Azerane
                                      4688 posts Send Private Message

It was pretty hot here on Halloween which I suspect put a few people off, but we still got some trick or treaters.

I harvested some snow peas from the garden today. I think I put the plants in just over a month ago and I got seven pods from them today, more on the way. It’s my first time growing them but they’re very easy. I think I need to start them a little earlier next year though.

• Asriel and Bombur
                                        Participant

My mom just started growing peapods too! My parents moved up to a senior community in Vermont last year, and my mom has really gotten into gardening to help her anxiety. I think she said peas were her favorite to grow because they were so easy xD What else do you grow Az? When the hubs and I move to South Carolina we plan on getting into gardening as well, so any advice on the best crops for beginners is appreciated!

• joea64
                                          Participant

USA people; don’t forget to vote today! If you don’t care for any of the candidates, just write in your bun(s)’ names, where available.

• joea64
                                            Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 11/05/2018 7:29 AM

My mom just started growing peapods too! My parents moved up to a senior community in Vermont last year, and my mom has really gotten into gardening to help her anxiety. I think she said peas were her favorite to grow because they were so easy xD What else do you grow Az? When the hubs and I move to South Carolina we plan on getting into gardening as well, so any advice on the best crops for beginners is appreciated!

Where in SC are you moving? I’m originally from Beaufort.

• Asriel and Bombur
                                              Participant

More than likely Columbia. We love love love Charleston, but neither of us liked the prospect of hurricane season directly on the coast with 2 bunnies and potential evacs. Columbia is decently priced, has a plethora of accounting firms for me to work at, and it’s a healthy distance between beaches and mountains for hiking.We’re currently about 45 minutes north of Boston along the coast, and during the winter its a pain in the rump dealing with the frequent power outages.

• BunnyLass568
                                                Participant

6th months since Blossom and Thumper came in to our lives!!

Participant

Congrats Blossom and Thumper, hope you can handle being spoilt every day ^_^

• BunnyLass568
                                                    Participant

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 11/07/2018 1:42 AM

Congrats Blossom and Thumper, hope you can handle being spoilt every day ^_^

Lol considering they’re currently eating lettuce and peppers before their pellets and that they’ll drink from their water bowls while I’m still holding them I think they’re already used to it. XD

• Azerane
                                                      4688 posts Send Private Message

I have a funny bunny Luna story for you all I was laying in bed watching a movie when I heard lots of banging sounds from the lounge room. At first I thought it was the cats chasing each other around, but no. Since the sound stops I assume it’s just the bunnies chasing each other around. I forgot about it for about 5 minutes before I think to get up and check. Both Apollo and Luna are nonchalantly chewing on hay in the litter box, but there are bunny toys and treats in bags all over the floor where they’ve been pulled off a shelf. The shelf also has two distinct chew marks on the edge, lol. So I pick everything up and just dump it on my desk for now (which is right next to the shelf). I go back to the movie and about 15 minutes later, more banging and crashing. I come back out to the lounge room to find Luna on top of my desk, trying to work out how to get into the treat jar. I’m going to have to reconfigure some of the bunny storage boxes so that she can no longer get up on my desk, otherwise we’re in for a whole lot more trouble, lol. I’ve gotta say though, I’m pretty impressed. The gap she used to get up there is not very wide.

Participant

@BunnyLass: Hehehe, room service!

@Azerane: lol, clever girl! *Mission Impossible theme* You’ll create the distraction, I’ll head for the treat jar!

Breintje fell asleep after his massage this morning. He sat next to me on the couch and I massaged him for 20 minutes or so. I put my arm around him and he drifted off into REM-sleep, twitching ears and all. Bas and I were looking at him the whole time, it was such a precious moment. It’s so beautiful when a skittish animal trusts you so much that he drifts away next to you.
                                                          It took me a while to get him used to the massage, because he used to bolt when someone wanted to put two hands on him. Each time I start with a certain kind of stroke where he doesn’t notice that I’m using two hands: one hand is on the head stroking down to the tail, and when the hand is at the tail you start at his head with the other hand. This way you’ll always have one hand in contact with the bunny until he’s a bit more calm. Then we took it further one bit at a time: massaging the neck and the side of the spine with the fingertips of both hands.

• Q8bunny
                                                          Participant

That is a very effective technique for skittish buns

Az: Luna sounds like a criminal mastermind of the bunny world lol May I suggest storing treats in hanging nets like they do for bears while camping?

• Asriel and Bombur
                                                            Participant

Ellie: I use the same technique for Az and it works like a charm Skittish buns are sometimes the best buns. So much accomplishment when they lighten up. Also so many tears xD

Az: that too funny! I have to agree with Q8, sounds like you need a bunny net xD

Asriel has taken to wanting to get out the door and stroll down the hall. So we have 2 rooms on the second floor of John’s uncle’s house. The first room is storage and the second one is ours+bunnies room. The storage room we used when we were going to bond them, and neither one really had an interest in it before. For whatever reason Asriel has no taken to trying to escape the bedroom and either go in the storage room or towards the bathroom. Last night around 2am the little bugger decided to wait at the door for me to come back in the room, then he BOLTED to the stair case so I couldn’t catch up. 15 minutes to wrangle him 10 feet down the hall. smh.

Participant

Breintje has become an explorer nearly overnight. He used to be afraid of slippery floors, but he found out that my moblity scooter is a hidey hole. Luckily there are no exposed cables… I have to get rid of my filthy bachelor habit of using the bathroom with the door open, because Breintje sprinted into the hallway and bumped into the bathroom door while I was on the throne. He sat there a bit dazed, and after some pets on the head he walked into the bathroom and started chinning everything. He’s walking into the kitchen now as I’m typing, I fear for the vegetable drawer the next time the fridge door opens.

• Hazel
                                                                Participant
                                                                2587 posts Send Private Message

We had the worst thing happen yesterday. We were on our way to the grocery store, and then there was this dog laying in the road. It had been hit by a car, probably just moments before. It wasn’t dead, but dying. It was beyond help, we ended up turning around, when we got there it had passed. Somebody carried it over to the side of the road. When we returned from the store, it was gone. I assume someone knew who it belonged to and the owners came to get it. I just wish I hadn’t seen it, it was horrible. It makes me even more worried about Otis. That road is very busy and just a couple of blocks from our house. He has gotten away from me before, and always runs towards that road. I need to teach him a reliable recall, yesterday.

• Dface
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  1084 posts Send Private Message

Oh Hazel im only too familiar with that fear!
                                                                    We live on a main road for the primary motorway in our county, so busy is an understatement. My elderly (and heedless) granmother takes my 9 year old dog out for walks every day but REFUSES to use a lead, despite everything. About two weeks ago, my dog saw us getting into the car from across the road while out with my grandmother. She sprinted across the road and we all watched powerless as she narrowly avoided three lanes of traffic.

I did the most stupid thing yesterday night, I had gotten up to get a drink, felt dizzy and weak, and in my addled state ended up knocking myself out ?
                                                                    I look like i got into a pretty bad fight, with a black eye, cut eyelid, a very swollen nose and a moderate concussion ? thankfully i was nowhere near the rabbits!

Because its winter, i decided to stop using the converted glasshouse for the rabbits, at least until spring, but let my chicken into it to keep her safe from the local predatory cats that have been harassing her lately, also to keep the grass and weeds down, and to give her extra nutrients as she’s an old lady. Shes also excellent pest control and removes a lot of insects from the soil, and her poop acts as an amazing fertilizer. Awesome.
                                                                    Except someone left the door open to it, and my puppy trashed it. Months of careful planting, reseeding and upkeep, all ruined. He pulled up (and chewed) the herbs, the trees, and tore up the grass sods, dug the soil and broke the ‘burrow box’.
                                                                    ?

• Q8bunny
                                                                    Participant

I come back after five days of yellow and am now anxious about all these reckless buns and grandmas and dogs and noggins. What’s happening this fall!?

We’re ok. Chewie has started hibernating like a bear since experiencing his first snow (although his room is toasty… go figure).

I’m procrastinating a lot about getting work done on the new book. lol And a new approach to our Instagram accounts is in the works for the new year. They’re both very haphazard at the moment and it’s bugging my OCD. Plus on my personal one, I’ve gotten DM’s from strangers asking why my photography had no captions, or what my theme is (uh… none atm). lol

So that’s all the news.

Glad everybun’s ok despite bouts of exploration lunacy.

• BunnyLass568
                                                                      Participant

I don’t know if anyone on here is into superheroes and comic books but I just checked Twitter out and found out that Stan Lee has passed away. I’m not big on superheroes but I know he created some of the best ones and he was a huge part of the superhero and comic book community when in truth he didn’t have to be. Good-bye Stan Lee, a legend among legends. 1922-2018, RIP.

• Vienna Blue in France
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        5317 posts Send Private Message

A quick *HI waaaaaaave* to everyone before i get a yellow error screen….. haven’t been around for a while as I cant log on. Sniff.

All ok here. Winter is coming….. dark wet rainy evenings = YUK

All four fluffballs are well.

Merry Chrimbo to all if i can’t get on again !!!!!

• Q8bunny
                                                                          Participant

Hi Vee! ??????

Yes, it’s super sad about Stan. He is singlehandedly responsible for bringing to life some of my favourite heroes (and villains). Binky free, wizard… ❤️

• Asriel and Bombur
                                                                            Participant

Hubs and I are big on Marvel, so we’re pretty bummed. The movies won’t be the same without his cameos. “What’s the matter with you kids?!? Haven’t you ever seen a spaceship before?” xD cracks me up! 

The blonde hair saga continues. So after the color correction went horribly wrong and we needed to dye it back to brown in the interim (story above), I was told to do oil pulling masks once a week for the 3 weeks until I saw her. We found out it did nothing but really moisturized my already oily head   So we scourged the internet finding a way to get rid of the indigo remnants in my hair, because it’s in chunks all over and not at my tips and therefore can’t be cut out. We discovered people having luck with vitamin C masks. So I did my first mask on Sunday, and aside from dry hair it lifted the brunette dye from my hair and has left me with a copper color. Like I am a red head now. Which would’ve been great the rest of my life when I was trying to get this exact color  So mask 2 was last night and it just made me more of a red head. HOWEVER… the indigo is still there. I can see it plain as day. It’s not the green it was when I was briefly blonde, but it’s much darker than the red of the rest of my hair, so I really don’t think this is working at all. A little bummed. We were hoping to Gwen Stefani on Sunday, but it looks like I’m gonna have to wait until the indigo grows out/finally fades. SOOOOO in the mean time I’m thinking rose gold blonde. That way I still get to be blonde, but the rosy reddish tints will cancel out the greenish blue of the indigo. 

• Quinn
                                                                              Participant
                                                                              3 posts Send Private Message

I figured I’d join in with the November chat. 

My two girls Kumquat and Papaya will be 7 months old next week. They were not spayed (until yesterday), our Vet wanted to wait til they were 6 months old. So right at 6 months, they ramped up their bad behavior. Papaya was trying to bite my youngest kiddo continuously. More like threatening, I think. But we were sorting out the billing arrangements because spaying is insanely expensive (at least here). Then last week, I was sitting with Papaya and she narrowed her eyes, went behind me and suddenly scratched (repeatedly) at my back. I guess she was trying to show me who was boss, but it didn’t hurt even the tiniest. I laughed it off, made a joke about her moving to the right a bit, because it was itchy. I knew she was being cranky and we needed to get the spaying process handled asap. 

So, their surgery was yesterday. After the 15 minute pre-op appointment, and the Vet mentioning repeatedly that surgery is very risky with rabbits – I was terrified that they would die on the operating table. I even cried on the way home. I was so relieved when they called me and said the buns went through surgery with zero issues and recovered from anesthesia. We had them boarded overnight so the medical techs could observe them, make sure they were okay. 

And we picked them up today. I was not prepared for the post-op conversation we had with the Vet. I just had to share, because it was too funny (at least to me). 

So, the Dr is telling us about the surgery, it went well. And boarding went well.
                                                                                After surgery, they need pain meds daily for a week.

The Vet tells me, “It tastes like honey. Usually it’s an easy task but not with your bunnies. It took 3 techs. It was not easy…”

Me : “Oh, okay. So wait, what? Bunnies in general or MY bunnies??”
                                                                                Vet: “YOUR bunnies.”
                                                                                Me: ….
                                                                                Vet: “We have a sign that we use for some dogs or cats, ‘CAUTION: WILL BITE’ and we had to use one for both of your bunnies.”
                                                                                Me: …
                                                                                Vet: “We’ve never had to use it for buns before.”
                                                                                Vet: “You have naughty bunnies.”
                                                                                Me:  ?
                                                                                I LAUGHED.

Our bunnies run with the wolves.  If you’ve never read this article, I love some of the quotes in here. “Runs across the room with murder in his eyes” is one of my favorites. And pretty much describes Papaya, who apparently was the worst at the Vet. 
                                                                                https://rabbit.org/faq-aggression/

Funny thing is, she never acts like that with me (other than the rather bad attempt at scratching me once). And when we brought them home, they nuzzled our hands, acted calm and not bitey at all. I guess they only have love for us. 

Hope my story wasn’t too long!

• Vienna Blue in France
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                5317 posts Send Private Message

Hi Quinn and welcome. I’m so glad your girls are back home and safe. I’m sure you are aware that the absolute necessity is for them now to get back eating properly. So do what you need to and give them what they want in order for that process to start again – some naughty treats if necessary.
                                                                                  Keep them nice and warm in their post operative state and make sure they nibble anything carrots raisins rose leaves Willow leaves anything just make sure they eat.
                                                                                  They will be drowsy for a day or two. Don’t hesitate to contact the vet or post on BB if you think anything is strange in their behaviour.
                                                                                  Enjoy your fluffy babies. They are gorgeous !

• Q8bunny
                                                                                  Participant

Quin: Hilarious story. The convo and quotation made me snort my cocoa. But I’m glad they’re ok.

A&B: Sorry the colour wheel is messing with your hair and sanity. A thought did cross my mind last time we chatted about this: is it at all possible that the indigo was not pure? I’ve never tried it on anything but cloth, but wouldn’t have guessed that one tiny little plant could produce such pernicious pigment. lol Either way, rose gold sounds extremely pretty.

• Muj Mom N Bun
                                                                                    Participant

Wow! Quin: When I get BunBun spayed, that’s the conversation I want to look forward to! Lol!
                                                                                      Ellie: Can you explain more about the massage technique, please? BunBun is really loving and adores pets but when it comes down to two hands on and other types of handling she really can be skiddish and resistant. I can use all the help I can get….
                                                                                      Az: today my criminal in training saw that I was holding her bag of strawberry treats in my hand when I had to suddenly answer the phone, so she decided since I was taking too long on the call, she’d take the hole bag out of my hand and run away with them… leaving a trail of dried strawberries across the carpet in the process that I had to quickly get to before she did or else! Let’s just say I ended the call

Participant

@Quinn: lol, I hope your mischievous ladies make a quick recovery! Great story ^_^ One of Bas’ former roommates had a part-time job as a vet assistant, and he met enough feisty bunnies in his career to be impressed. He’s training to be a marine, but he’ll always have a healthy respect for a bunny and its teeth…

@Muj Mum: these were the websites I found helpful:

https://rabbit.org/deepening-the-bond-how-to-connect-with-your-rabbit-through-massage/ (Especially the part under the tab “Giving Your Bunny a Massage”, they explain the technique there). I start out by a soft stroke from head to tail, to check if Breintje wants to be massaged at the time. When you arrive at the tail you put your other hand on their head and stroke to the tail again, to make it a continuous pattern of strokes. With practice this will help your rabbit to adjust to two-hand touching. It took Breintje a while too, he was always scared of being picked up.

There’s also a Youtube video of rabbit massage, and massage for gas pains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuxGLa2reg

This one is helpful too: https://www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com/massage_for_rabbits

I hope that it’ll work for the both of you

• Muj Mom N Bun
                                                                                        Participant

Thanx Ellie! Yes, I have watched one of those once before when Bun had her really bad gas attack… that was the one time she was willing to let me do those massages side to side on her tummy. I wasn’t able to do it as fully as they did but I was truly surprised at how much she let me do! She must’ve really appreciated all the help she cld get, especially at that time of night!

I will totally be taking a look at these. I too can use all the help I can get.

• Asriel and Bombur
                                                                                          Participant

When Bombur had stasis a few time I tried tummy massages first, and he was 100% not having it. Sure had enough energy to belly crawl away from me xD 

The Blonde Hair Saga Part 3: After all the vitamin C treatments and oil pulling masks, we are finally back to blonde. Had to go with ashy blonde with some shadow roots. I was so ready to go in there with the rose gold, but the stylist was phenomenal with how much the color lifted after an hour of lightener in the open, and then another hour of lightener in the open. The blue is very much still there, but not as noticeable with how she toned it and the shadow roots. Before all of that it was a gorgeous silvery blonde with soft blue almost balayaged into it. If I didn’t work for a law firm *sigh* But here’s the final product! We’re waiting about 8 weeks and then hopefully by then we can go platinum!

• Tony's Mum
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                            431 posts Send Private Message

Today is Tony’s gotcha day!!! He’s been my best friend for two years ????

• Q8bunny
                                                                                              Participant

Happy Gday, Tony bun!

My best friend is also a bunny, so I send heartfelt nose boops

• LBJ10
                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                16899 posts Send Private Message

Looks good A&B! Hehe, you and Bombur kinda match.

• Bam
                                                                                                  Moderator

Belated Hoppy Gotcha Day wishes, Tony!!!

A&B, very pretty color! And yes, you and Bombur do match =)

• BunnyLass568
                                                                                                    Participant

Happy late gotcha day Tony!! Also I hope that everyone in America had a good Thanksgiving!

Participant

I love that snuggle pic A&B, you look so comfy together ^_^ Colour looks great on you too, it reminds me of Billie Piper’s fierce look. 

Winter is announcing itself here, we’re constantly having temperatures around 2 °C and ice cold rains. Great times for introverts, and a perfect excuse to have a large pan of soup or stew on the stove. I’ve been stocking the pantry like a squirrel and I’m slow-cooking some Dutch pea soup. The peas fall apart overnight and the soup becomes so thick that it’s nearly a puree. It also passed the wooden spoon test: the spoon stands upright and the smoked sausage won’t sink. Time to stock the freezer and to share some care packages with friends who are always too busy to cook a proper meal 

• Asriel and Bombur
                                                                                                        Participant

Awww shucks thanks guys Bombur gets all the cute compliments so not a bad thing to look like him Yes Ellie! I hadn’t even thought of that!

Happy belated gotcha day Tony!

Ellie send some of that this way! I’m a big fan of pea soup! Honestly the best!

• Q8bunny
                                                                                                          Participant

Ellie, my friend, how can you make me so hungry so early in the morning. *books plane ticket for herself and Chewie to the Netherlands*

• BunnyLass568
                                                                                                            Participant

Last day of November and it’s also Demon’s birthday! He is officially 11 years old though he acts more like a un-house broken young pup of 6 months. Super mouthy, super playful and super cuddly…on his terms of course. ?

• Bam
                                                                                                              Moderator

Happy birthday, Demon!

Viewing 52 reply threads
                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE November Chat