Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Nov chat

This topic contains 503sd replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  jerseygirl 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 504 total)
  • Author

Cottontail
    Participant

Hello, all!
    I admit first thing that I have not caught up on forums or on this thread, but I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful belated Thanksgiving.

I’ve been going through old pictures and came across my BB stuff and felt the need to drop back in. I hope everyone is doing well!

jerseygirl

Hi CT! *waving* Happy Thanksgiving! What did you get up too? How’s your little girl??

I just saw your post with the pic of Tilly’s eye. Very cool! I haven’t seen that in a “self” colour rabbit before.

jerseygirl

Ellie, I love the Sinterklaas surprise concept. Very much want to adopt it for my family. Maybe I’ll introduce it to my sisters kids this week and they can come up with ideas for each other and their parents. Love the one you made for Bas. You’re so clever!

We have a little tradition carried on from my Grandmother (Nanna) who passed away 3 years ago. She had made a Snowman which was a big tin, covered in wadding. Throughout the year when cleaning out her closets, she would put little things aside for the snowman. At Christmas, she’d wrap them all and made sure everyone that came to her home on Christmas night would receive a gift. They were normally silly, completely random items, things she no longer had a use for. 

Unfortunately, the Snowman didn’t make an appearance last year, so I’ll have to revive him for this Christmas. The year I moved house was a good one because there was a lot of stuff (junk) I was able to wrap up for everyone.
    Another year, a couple of us just got silly stuff from a dollar store and put those in the “senile” Snowman.

Nothing better than reviving a recycling magic snowman….!!

Bam

Hi CT!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope all is well with you and little C and everybunny else =)

Ellie, that’s SO not nice! Steroid nasal spray probably is your best bet. Speedy recovery-vibes (((((Ellie)))))

Jersey, the magic snowman sounds like a lovely idea!

Posted By jerseygirl on 11/27/2016 11:08 PM

Ellie, I love the Sinterklaas surprise concept. Very much want to adopt it for my family. Maybe I’ll introduce it to my sisters kids this week and they can come up with ideas for each other and their parents. Love the one you made for Bas. You’re so clever!

We have a little tradition carried on from my Grandmother (Nanna) who passed away 3 years ago. She had made a Snowman which was a big tin, covered in wadding. Throughout the year when cleaning out her closets, she would put little things aside for the snowman. At Christmas, she’d wrap them all and made sure everyone that came to her home on Christmas night would receive a gift. They were normally silly, completely random items, things she no longer had a use for. 

Unfortunately, the Snowman didn’t make an appearance last year, so I’ll have to revive him for this Christmas. The year I moved house was a good one because there was a lot of stuff (junk) I was able to wrap up for everyone.
    Another year, a couple of us just got silly stuff from a dollar store and put those in the “senile” Snowman.

Awww, that’s such a sweet and cool tradition from your gran Sounds like a whole lot of family fun! It’s really nice that you’re bringing back these traditions.

Sinterklaas is always on the 5th of december here, it’s different from Christmas. Actually, the American Saint Nick was based on our Sinterklaas, in an attempt to make Christmas more of a children’s feast. Kids here usually get gifts both on Sinterklaas and on Christmas. Double yay!

I just finished my Sinterklaas poem for Bas. I’m going to give him a warm bathrobe out of sheer guilt, I steall all his clothing  It’s in the traditional rhyme scheme. A “Piet” is a helper of Sinterklaas, they all have a specific task such as listening-Piet, the Piet who reports everything he hears to Sinterklaas. Basic translation of the poem, sorry it only rhymes in Dutch:

Dear Bas,

What a jolly time, Sinterklaas is in our country again. Listening-Piet has put his ear on everyone’s wall.

This was why he heard the news, this horrible thing that has happened to our poor Bas.

Listening-Piet hurried back to our good old saint, who has trouble coping with this news himself.

Sinterklaas asked him in shock: “Is it true now what you said? Are all his clothes being confisquated?”

Listening-Piet shook his head in sadness: “No, only Bas’ warm clothes are being robbed.”

He steps out of the shower, shivering in the cold, and look and behold: she stands there that horrible woman.

She’s dressed from head to toe in his warm hoodie and pyjama pants, and Bas has a hard time finding something warm.

Sometimes she even says without a trace of guilt: this has always been mine!

Our old saint has to confide in you: he doesn’t know how to deal with these pesky women too.

Sadly he can’t give you some advice, but he hopes to give you something nice, to compensate for all your loss.

Warm greetings from Sint and his Pieten

BrunosMama
    Participant

Ellie, that’s very clever! Love it!

Thank you I love Sinterklaas, it’s my #1 holiday in the year.

I hoped to have some good news for my in-laws this weekend, about the job interview that was planned for tomorrow. However, I just got a phonecall from the company that it’s postponed until tuesday. *Sigh* Oh well, it can’t be helped I suppose. Upside to the whole story is that I’m still having a cold, so it’ll give me more time to recover and lose the “Rudolph the red-nose reindeer look”.

Azerane

Just got through two bags of wood pellet litter. Counted back and turns out it’s taken me 10 and 1/2 weeks to use them. So that’s 15 kg of pellets lasting about 5 weeks. That’s daily spot cleans for the bunnies’ one litter tray, and also lining Dory’s catch tray with the soaked pellets. At first I used the pellets in her catch tray as they were, and only started soaking them part way through which uses way less.

I don’t know if 5 weeks is good or not in terms of litter use, but it seems good to me About 0.42 cents a day

I’m excited for tomorrow, first day of Advent and I have my advent calendar ready to go I’m a child that still has to have a novelty advent calendar with chocolate in it for each day leading up to Christmas

AndHenry
    Participant

I know what it’s like to be poor – trust ME! My children AND pets got fed over me, and guess who got a credit card to pay the very FIRST vet bill? Dick ME!

Litter? Shred your paper bills! You may have to change it every second day, but it works! I have only bought litter ONCE and that was because I had guests over and was worried it may stink for them? Us??? We use shredded paper and change it every 2nd day! We are not lazy.

I don’t buy my pets Chrissy gifts when I am struggling to buy anything at all! My pets only want love and food (& treats, ha ha!).
    And guess what? I think my pets still love/like me! My bunny has no idea about Christmas Day.

HUH? Lol!!! If you are worried…. ASK your bunny how they feel? LOL! You gotta laugh… Get your priorities right! Save an animal from cruelty! WE spoil our bunny – don’t we???? I DO! Mine gets NO special treatment and yet others SUFFER. Don’t buy your bunny a Christmas gift they don’t care about – donate the same money to someone who can ‘make a change’ to a bunny’s LIFE!
    Ask the FL’S! They are passionate and will be more than happy to help!

LBJ10

I’m worried about Leopold. Something was off last night. He didn’t come running for pellets. I asked him if his tummy hurt, but I know he can’t answer. I have him a little massage and offered him some willow leaves. He ate them, so I held off on the simethicone. This morning, he was sitting in the corner with a sizeable pile of poops on the floor. I offered him his morning treat, but he didn’t want it. So I gave him a good dose of simethicone. I had to go to work, so I told my husband to check on him after awhile to see if he feels better. I don’t think he’s comfortable giving him another dose though. You have to hold him down and then slowly give it to him because he often refuses to swallow. Now I’m thinking I should have given him some last night. *sigh*

jerseygirl

Sorry to hear it LBJ. Starting the BB vibe brigade for {{{{{Leopold}}}}} !

Q8bunny
    Participant

Awww… poor darling. I hope his tumtum feels better really soon (((Leopold)))

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

((( Leopold ))) eating vibes

Azerane

I hope Leopold is doing better.

LBJ10

Thanks guys! The tummy vibes must have helped. I called my husband and he said Leopold was eating. I made him offer him a treat while I waited on the phone and he said he took it. Yay! The meds must have kicked in (he often only needs one dose).

Dface
    Participant

Woke up this morning and my bike was missing (again)
    But this time it never arrived home. House mates broke the door lock while drunk last night, left leaving the door open and now my bike is nowhere to be seen

Because they didnt steal it, I can’t legally make them reimburse me. And because the door wasn’t even closed, the insurance company doesn’t cover it.

Im looking for a loophole to get me out of my lease. Because even though my rabbits are happy there, I’m no longer sure we are all safe in the house, if strangers are just happy to wander in in the middle of the night to do as they please.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Can’t you get your housemates removed for violating their terms of lease?

Dface
    Participant

Nope. As far as I can tell, leaving the door open isn’t a violation of lease…just frowned upon.
    Plus the landlords dont want to kick people out as long as they are being paid by them.

BunnyFriends
    Participant

Any of you have the Teach’n’Treat? Thinking about getting it for my two once bonded – Licorice isn’t big on toys, so it’s hard to get something he likes, but he’s a very smart rabbit and loves food. Winter would like anything, so I’m not worried about her.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Posted By BunnyFriends on 11/30/2016 5:12 PM

Any of you have the Teach’n’Treat? Thinking about getting it for my two once bonded – Licorice isn’t big on toys, so it’s hard to get something he likes, but he’s a very smart rabbit and loves food. Winter would like anything, so I’m not worried about her.

Mine all got the hang of it way too quick, it took them seconds to get the food out so a waste of money for us, I gave ours to a rescue centre, in case it was of better use for any of their pets

Q8bunny
    Participant

Bunnies are too smart for that… lol

Dface: Your housemates are such muggles… maybe the rotten stinkers will get lost on the way home and you’ll never have to see their drunks butts again

LBJ10

The Teach N Treat is WAY too easy. Mine figured it out in seconds. They have a Toys R Us puzzle toy for dogs now and they like it.
    http://www.petsmart.com/dog/supplies-and-training/toys/toysrus-pets-treat-puzzle-dog-toy-20206.html?cgid=100021

LongEaredLions
    Participant

I have that same one LBJ. My bunnies are too lazy to even try. :/

Bam

Dface, your housemates really are the Housemates from Hell.

Bam spent the whole night in the bedroom! Under a chair! Maybe I’ll make a fleece jungle a là Q8 for him for Christmas. He’d like that.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 504 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.