Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Nov chat

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    lovebellabun
    Participant

I joined our local rabbit house society yesterday, and took a tour. So many buns need love, my love…..I need a bigger place. Lol

Thankfully my little stinker seems to be doing well.

Have y’all heard of ivory soap on the walls? He has discovered them.

I hardly get any colds, Certainly never flu, touch wood – I’ll probably catch one when I’m 70 and drop dead !!! LOL

Bam

Lovebellabun, ivory soap is fine to use as a bun-deterrent. Some bunnies won’t be deterred by it, but it’s harmless.

Vienna, I tend to not get flu either. I haven’t since I was very young. But I guess Q8 is more exposed than most.

LBJ10

I’m going to die. If you guys don’t see me around very much over the next day or two, it’s because I’m working. Lot’s of crazy people and I’m not talking about the customers…

LBJ10

Ellie – That is the coolest gift holder I have ever seen!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Ellie: Love the concept… and your craftiness… egad!

Bam & Vienna: Old age. Something to look forward to. Seriously, though, in Canada I’d go for a decade between flus. Here, besides a complete lack of… friggin EVERYthing that even remotely resembles consideration of others, the environment/weather makes us a hotspot for contagion.

I gave myself a kick in the pants yesterday and popped out for an hour to attend the annual christmas bazaar, which I love and look forward to all year. After picking up this year’s tree ornament (handblown glass… my Kuwait holiday tradition) I came back home and literally dropped like a fly. This malaria SUCKS.

It looks like it might rain. I’m praying for flooding so we can get the day off tomorrow. Please send some flood prayers my way…

lovebellabun
    Participant

Get well everyone!

Q8bunny
    Participant

NOOOOO! The sun’s coming out! Shoo! Shoo! Go away, blasted star!

Sun! I command you to come West. Northwest. North Northwest.
    Hell, just head North immediately !!!

Q8bunny
    Participant

“with a little help from my friends”

Now maybe if we all brace ourselves and run northwards, the earth will spin underneath us like a treadmill. This would spin the earth southwards and relatively the sun northwards, giving Q8 a day off because of bad weather. #trollphysics

I’m off to practice my evil genius laugh for when I receive my Nobel prize. Muhahaha!! *cough, wheeze, sniff*

Q8bunny
    Participant

Ellie, I love reading your comments xx

I would like to say to those of you who have successfully bonded your rabbits that I take my hat off to you, I wish to shake your hand and I say a big BRAVO. You should feel very proud. You are better than I. I throw the towel in. So soon? Yes. I can’t do it.

Bam

Ellies idea is brilliant!

And that gift-holder is extremely brilliant.

Q8, I was thinking you’d be done with cold- and fluviruses around the age of 43 or so. Or 40, even. That’s not old age =)

Vienna, I so wish I had any encouraging words for you, but obviously I don’t since I could never bond Bam and Yohio. They never ever got anywhere near the stage you’ve reached with Zou and Henry though. All they did were hump each other backwards and roll around on the floor like a squeeking ball of furry rage, so i quit after a couple of months. Are there professional bonders in France? Could you bring them to the UK for professional bonding?

Dface
    Participant

Got home late last night and let the buns out to play, I was knackered but didnt want to put them back in their pen so I decided to leave them have the room for the night.

Yumi scrambled her way under the covers to fulfill her teddy bear duties(she does love her cuddles that rabbit)
    Sampras was fine at the foot of my bed for a few hours before deciding he wanted a treat at 4 in the morning and proceeded to scratch my face til I woke up.

Needless to say, we will not be repeating that any time soon

Q8bunny
    Participant

lovebellabun
    Participant

I feel like I am posting too much.

I’m just desperate to make my bun happy.

He isn’t the same bun when I got him for sure.

Maybe because he went through a UTI. Maybe age. He is 6-8 months. But, I was tokd he was female too.

I spend all my free time creating boxes and bags, and creative hay ideas. Toys etc

Last night he got incredibly startled and when crazy. I almost thought he was hurt.

No binky, no begging for food, hides when I am around.

I’ve got two bottles and a bowl of water.

He gets excited for pellets! More than ever!

Is it because of winter? The dogs? They have been agitated too, because of fleas. I check him all the time. Maybe I need to give him space and just come in there and sit and let him on his own terms come to me.

Could someone or people message me or email me? 
    It’s hard to keep up on this thread.

Bam – i’ve contacted three uk bunny bonders but no one is getting back in touch!
    How annoying but yes that is the way I will go….

I wish one of them would hump the other but without the other reacting.
    Its straight into aggression from both sides…. or maybe its just me seeing things bigger than they are.

Bellabun. We can pm through BB. you shldnt really give your personal email address out for general view. Has Bob been neuteured?. I cant remember… doing that will change things and he is in his teenage years he will be very hormonal.

Bam

Bellabun. You are NOT posting too much!!!

I edited out your email-address because as Vienna says, it’s not good to display it on an open forum where spammers can come trawling for e-mail addresses. You can PM any member you like. If you have trouble sending a PM, try clicking on the very border of the “send”-button or in one of the corners. For some reason this button has a very narrow sensitive field (I don’t know what it’s called in computer-language, but it’s probably called something) esp in Chrome.

There’s absolutely nothing odd about your bunny not being the bunny now as when you first got him. He’s around 13-14 years old now in terms of physical and mental development. As we all know, teenagers are not the same as they were when they were little kids. In fact, not so rarely, the adult individual gains back a lot of his childhood personality once the teenage period is over.
    The sudden startled-thing is quite common in bunnies during adolescence. Dogs have a period like that too when they spook at the sillest things. It’s perfectly normal and just a developmental stage.

Crazy for pellets is always a good sign. It’s lack of appetite that’s an observandum.

lovebellabun
    Participant

Oh thank you! Sorry about the email. I’ve been doing this from my phone. I’ll brush up on rules.

Without you guys and gals, I would be lost.

Even just reading various other posts and your rabbits behavior and everybody’s knowledge, is such a great help.

Ps. Bob, previously Bella….that was a surprise, is running in circles in the tunnels I made him. 12:14am but the noises make me happy. Just as probably as odd as the fresh hay.

Bam

Lovebellabun, it’s not really about forum rules. It’s just something you want to avoid for your own good. There are spambots that scour the Internet for valid e-mail addresses and then they just bombard you with idiocy like ads for impotence remedies and weight-loss concoctions etc. It’s perfectly ok to give out your personal email in PMs if you like. PMs are (obviously!) not publicly displayed.

Bunnies do like tunnels! It’s comforting to hear them play even when you’re trying to sleep – although when Bam once went into major home-improvement-mode with a giant cardboard box at 2 am, I did get up and (temporarily) deprived him of the box

Q8bunny
    Participant

I sometimes wake up smiling and then realize Chewie’s nearby making familiar wookie noises. Bam’s right… it’s so comforting

BunnyFriends
    Participant

I come back from a Thanksgiving at my dad’s and both Winter and Licorice have turned into flop machines… 

Yay, bunny flops are so adorable! Our bun only flops in summer when it’s warm, it’s so cute that I miss it the rest of the year.

In the meantime it’s 01:30 here, and my laryngitis has blocked my Eustachian tube. This turned into an ear infection, just brilliant…. Wicked devils of sin, that hurts… Waiting now until the supermarket opens at 8, hope that some nose spray will open everything up again and relieve the pressure.

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.