Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE June Pics

Viewing 195 reply threads
  • Author
    • LBJ10
      14238 posts Send Private Message

Well, it’s technically June so I thought I should start a new thread if I’m gonna post a pic. And I don’t post pics very often. LOL

• LBJ10

This is what I’m always talking about. Here’s Leopold being insanely adorable. I try to take a pic and this is what I end up with. *sigh* Notice Wooly hiding in the background as if to say “I’m having nothing to do with this”.

• Theodorusrex
      Participant
      335 posts Send Private Message

Here’s a pic of Theo cuddling/begging for pets on the sofa with me:

And a pic of him acting like he owns the place. Which he, of course, does. 

Theo lives with my fiance at the moment and I used to live in a flat 10 mins away. We are getting married in just over 2 week (eeeeeek) and I’ll be moving in to his house. For the last 4 weeks or maybe more actually though I’ve been living over an hour away from Theo since my flat lease was up. I miss him so much . My fiance claims I miss Theo more than I miss him (no comment lol)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

We don’t care how wet it is out, or that you are already wet from going out to bring a far-too-small-to-share-six-ways bowl of grass and dandelions in, we are going to sit here and keep looking at you and doing all we can to make you feel guilty (Pippi) and inferior (Jenny) til you give in and take us outside.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5317 posts Send Private Message

Mr Snail decided to up patio window last night so had brill view of his underbelly…. ok underfoot… and with amateur mobilephone torch lighting I (sort of) captured his wavy transportation muscles…. some will say wow!, some will say blurrgghhh.

And then he changed direction !!!!  LOL

BON APPETIT to those eating !!! 

• LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Awww…..some beautiful bunnies to start the month. And a snail…..I actually think snails are pretty cute I just don’t want to touch them  

White Rabbit White Rabbit White Rabbit! Can’t believe it’s already June! Summer!!!!

• MiNinoJack
      Participant
      226 posts Send Private Message

Wow so many great pictures already. And I’ve always loved snails. They look so cool!

Here’s a one of Jackie boy in his new digs:

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

Love seeing all the pics! (including the snail, ha ha!!)

• LittlePuffyTail

Another from this morning

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Do you know how much he weighs LPT? I’m curious if he’s a similar size to Moxie. (Moxie’s about 9 lbs)

• LBJ10

OMG! I love snails! =D

I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of Sterling Archer the Bug. He’s just so photogenic.

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6345 posts Send Private Message

Vienna: The ripply snail picture is SO cool! BTW, yes, I’ve had escargot.

LPT: So… does Sterling ever get down on all fours anymore, or has Everly completely converted him? teeheehee

• LittlePuffyTail

Moxie- My husband went on the scale with him and says he weighs about 9lbs. We will have a more accurate weight at his check-up today.

LBJ10- Yes, prepare for lots of pics

Q8bunny- lol, he does do a lot of periscoping. More than I’ve ever seen a bunny do.

• jesstheskatingbunny
      Participant
      22 posts Send Private Message

Gilbert-Moose the Lionhead lop. I almost lost him last month he was 6 nights and 5 days.

• LittlePuffyTail

Awww…what a precious, fuzzy boy!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

He IS a white version of Zou !!! – (Though not at the moment…. see her “spay post”…. she won’t be periscoping for a while)

• pinknfwuffy
      Participant
      660 posts Send Private Message

All of your buns are precious!

Olaf, rolling the wrong way off the couch and deciding being saved was pretty comfy. Oh, hiii.

Here, camouflaged. And with his best friend, baby alligator.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So Sterling is pretty close in size range as Moxie. Now just imagine Sterling covered in 3-4 inch long fur/fuzz, black, and you’ve got Moxie.

All these buns are so precious.

• LittlePuffyTail

Olaf is just too gorgeous!

Exact weight at the vet: 8.3 lbs. Less than I thought but vet says he needs to put on weight.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Did they say whether or not he was done growing LPT?

• BellaRabbit
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

Buddy saying hello

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

hello Buddy

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hiya, bun!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Very cute!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

This one could almost be a find-a-caption photo…. lol

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It was a nice looking cake… but the stunning colours unfortunately didn’t make me want to buy a piece to taste it !! 

Worth a piccie though !!

• Niamian
      Participant
      377 posts Send Private Message

Hello Buddy!
      And Vienna I know exactly what you mean lol and Zou looks fabulous with the rose!

• Cottontail
      Participant
      1070 posts Send Private Message

The Munchkins, Vinny (left) and Velvet (right/rear), are a happily bonded brother/sister pair rescued from the streets last August.  They love their human sister, Christine.  They are a year old last month.  You may be familiar with their brother, Ryuk!

Tilly (blue) and Duncan (agouti) are still a happy couple.  (Tilly is currently in a minor molt)  They are not as hands on with the baby, but don’t mind her.  They’ll be more interested when she’s old enough to give them treats, like her cousins!

• jerseygirl
      22180 posts Send Private Message

Hi Cottontail! Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!!! Andi told me recently that she had arrived. How has motherhood been? : )

I just love how the rexies look like they are watching over her. Nice to see you and the bunnies again!

@LPT, it looks like Everly and Sterling are BFF’s already. So cute! I can’t put my finger on it but I feel like he is one or under a year old. Maybe ask Everly? Maybe they talk.

Lol @ Olaf rolling off top of the sofa!! Haha. Nice capture.

Ahh! Buddy’s face!!!

• Bam
      14236 posts Send Private Message

jesstheskatingbunny: Gilbert-Moose is just beautiful!

LPT, those pics are amazing. And he IS almost as big as Everly =)

Cottontail: The Munchkins and baby Christine! Adorable! And Tilly and Lord Duncan, the Bun We Didn’t Get To Name!

Pinkn’wuffy: Olaf looks like a little bird almost =)

Vienna: she does look good wearing that rose. My buns refuse the flowers, they only want the rose greens. Which is silly because a bun eating a flower is a gorgeous sight.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

They’re all (including Christine!) so adorable!

• Hazel
      Participant
      2120 posts Send Private Message

Cottontail, congrats on your little girl, she’s adorable!

Everybun is so cute!

I’ve been playing around with my new camera.

• LittlePuffyTail

Aww….U R 2 Cute, Buddy!!!

Adorable, Cottontail…looks like Christine has her own little security guards!

Jersey- Sterling seems young to me too but my vet said her guess is that he’s at least a few years old, possibly more

Beautiful pics, Hazel and Vienna.

• LittlePuffyTail

Is a non-bunny pic okay? I think this pic of Everly with our horse Winnie is too cute not to share.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Def too cute to not share

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Double def !!!!!

• bigbunnies
      Participant

Here is Miss Madeline helping herself to the last of her pellets this morning! She is such a pig! All she does is eat!!!!! This morning once she realized that bag was empty she came up to me and started pulling on the buttons on my clothes…. shes going to be quite the prissy princess I have a feeling!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hazel!!!! He’s groooooooooown !!!!! It looks like you’ve shrunk bun !!! LOL (Nice piccies with the out of focus backgrounds eh? Just makes it look more 3D!)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: That effect is called bokeh and apparently it’s much sought after – which is proof of Hazel’s having chosen a good new camera kit.
      Buns appreciate looking good in pictures.

• Bam

Hazel, Mosby is getting BIG!!

Here’s 7 seconds of Bam in my mother’s lap:

Bam and mum

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Bam, he’s so stinkin’ handsome!

• LittlePuffyTail

Some pics of my boys  

Here is Bindi judging you…..

And Sterling very much enjoying being a house bunny. Last night, he hopped up on the couch and flopped. I’ve never had a bunny lay on the couch before. He is just loving it! 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh, Bindi… he slays me.

Chewie flopped on the couch for the very first time about a month ago and my heart skipped a beat or three. <3

• Theodorusrex
      Participant
      335 posts Send Private Message

Sterling is so beautiful, LPT, as is Bindy. They make a lovely pair. Theo has recently taken to flopping on the sofa it melts my heart!! We’re having a bit of a heatwave here in Ireland and the minute which has led to lots of funny sprawling pics of Theo;

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Theo looks like a Salvador Dali painting in that picture – all melty

• Hazel
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 6/06/2016 9:56 PM

Vienna: That effect is called bokeh and apparently it’s much sought after – which is proof of Hazel’s having chosen a good new camera kit.
      Buns appreciate looking good in pictures.

I took these pictures in auto mode, and they still turned out nicely, I think! Hopefully they will get better with practice. 

Vienna, the blurred background is great! Love this camera!

LPT: What a cute picture of Everly and Winnie!  And Bindi, oh boy. That’s some disapproval!

Theo, awww! Sooo sleepy!

Bam is so cute! 

You guys are right, Mosby is getting huge! He’s an 8 lbs monster now, which is ironic considering he’s only 5 months old and still has all his baby teeth. He looks like a toothless old man right now, he could fit twice as many teeth in his giant mouth!

The boys hanging out:

O: “Hey Mose, have you ever noticed that the human’s face is pretty much bald?”

M: “You’re riiight… GROSS!!!”

L: “Ewww, it IS bald…”

M: “Not as bald as your ears.”

L: “%$#&…!”

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hazel – they’re not fridge-magnets, but fridge-mates !!! ha ha
      Brill pic of Mosby looking sideways at camera!!
      My cat is 6.5lb and not that big – it must be bun who is tiny!!! LOL

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LPT ! Such a huge hair pulling decision a few weeks back re Sterling… if only you’d had a crystal ball, it would have made life MUCH easier, eh?!
      (But then I would have put a couple of grand on Leicester City !! LOL)

• Azerane
      4422 posts Send Private Message

I swear Mosby is getting cuter by the day And so much bigger, wow! 8 pounds at only five months. What fun Love seeing everybody’s pictures.

• Niamian
      Participant

Love all the bunnies!

Bam there is definitely something very calming in your mother. At least the way she pets Bam. I could watch them just to relax.

But Theo ? poor bun!

• LittlePuffyTail

Your post made me laugh, Haze. Great pics!

• BellaRabbit
      Participant

Love all the pics, shared one of my little guy so only fair to share his other half. I like to call it the Mega Loaf

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

What a loaf! Is he a Harlequin?

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Here’s my dramatic little boy. I wove him a paper mat from paper strips that arrived in the mail. He had a blast tearing it up.

And we went to the vet to get him checked up and to schedule an appointment for neutering (nervous mother here!) and Chomondeley was not pleased. He peed all over the floor.  Luckily, the vet was quite understanding.

• BellaRabbit
      Participant

To be honest, I have no idea what she is! Sold as a Netherlands dwarf but she looks nothing like my actual dwarf , and she is much bigger! Maybe someone can tell me what breed she is ? Love the colour of him cinnybun

• bigbunnies
      Participant

BellaRabbit that is a beautiful rabbit you have there! I agree it does resemble a harlequin. Gorgeous colors.

• MiNinoJack
      Participant

Jack has always been my couch bunny. He loves to cuddle on the left side and ONLY the left side haha. 

The new condo is right up against the couch so I just created a new door so he can walk right from the second level onto the couch next to me. 

Excuse the hay. Its everywhere. 

• Niamian
      Participant

Bianca being all lady like in a tree that got broken in the storm. She thought it was quite handy and nice to hid there.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Bianca is beautiful! The eyes are so blue!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Niamian: Your picture looks like an illustration from a fairy tale book, with Bianca being the beautiful princess, of course.

MiNino: I want to give Jack a squeeze in that picture. He’s so gosh darn handsome! And to think that his hooman has given him his own exclusive access point to HIS spot on the sofa.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Did someone mention sofa? This bun prefers the armchair…

• Niamian
      Participant

Hehe thanks guys she is my little blue eyed great worm of Arakis princes.

Pipi looks like a bun who knows what he wants.

• LittlePuffyTail

My boys eating hay together. We moved Sterling into the rabbit room a few days ago. 

• MiNinoJack
      Participant

Thanks Q8bunny! I marvel at how handsome he is every day!

He is unimpressed with his special door though. Mr. Jack says: “Well OF COURSE my mama gave me my own door to the couch. She couldn’t possibly expect me to use only one door in my new apartment. Any condo worthwhile has a backdoor in case of emergency.”

…I think he may be a bit spoiled…

LPT your boys are so cute!!! Omg

• Niamian
      Participant

And now, after all this adorable, beautiful and cute bunnies I give you…

drumdumdrum… 

The Molting Monster himself, the Zombie Bunny with flower stuck behind his ear.

Put your ears together for Redford!

• Azerane

Good grief! Redford mid-moult really is just something else, lol. His face is just too adorable

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Redford, you look huggably handsome, don’t listen to anyone or anybun who says otherwise xxx

• jerseygirl

I have to agree. And look at that mouf !

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh. My. Goodness.

Darling bun… he does look like something out of a B-movie.

Smooches to zombie Redford from Romania.

• MyBestLittleFriendSnowball
      Participant
      38 posts Send Private Message

Awww such adorable little buns<3 Here's Snowball being a little baby

• LittlePuffyTail

Redford is just adorable, molting or not. My Mini-Rex used to shed like that. It was so funny.

Snowball, that is just too cute! Looks pretty comfy.

• Niamian
      Participant

Thanks guys.
      He is my darling boy and moulting or no he is beautiful for his mommy.
      Just had to show you the true face of The Molt Monster. Though it’s not like he let’s it ruin his jam. Lol
      Even our vet last year when he saw him in his first big shed said that he never before met bunny like him.

Snowball is adorable, my lionhead Bianca has similar sleeping poses, it’s just cuteness overload.

P.S. Q8 you are in a neighborhood? If you ever feel like it, Redford, Bianca and I would love to have you as a guest! And this is not just a politeness.

• LittlePuffyTail

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Awww best buddies

• MiNinoJack
      Participant

Wow your new bun is bigger than she is!! So cute with the doll brush!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Niaman: Thank you! A visit would be amazing! Unfortunately, every day of this trip is already promised to my dear old relatives and my godsister. But next time I fly down here, I’d love to meet up. I only wish I could bring Chewie with me to meet you and your beautiful buns.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LPT – I’m not american but this phrase is : “That’s pretty darn cute there!!” very sweet indeed….. and is Sterling still OK being picked up for a cuddle ?
      Lucky bean you !

• LittlePuffyTail

Vienna- He’s not really keen on being picked up (bunnies….so difficult) but he will sit on my lap happily for a few minutes. And I love that he will lay down on the couch while we are on it. None of my other buns did that. They like to snuggle but you sort of have to go to them.

• jerseygirl

Adorable! I think the bond between Sterling and Everly is cemented LPT.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Zou is the same – loves one-to-one sessions for as long as I will lay down with her. I’d love to find out if she’d jump up on the sofa… but it’s in off limits zone

Now, when I (*cough*), WE win the lottery….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Does anyone think Pippi might have been looking through the BB picture thread when I wasn’t looking?

Pippi swears he hasn’t been anywhere near the laptop?

• Brambino
      Participant
      148 posts Send Private Message

• skysblue
      Participant
      203 posts Send Private Message

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Somebunny studying hard

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Love the pictures everybody!

• jerseygirl

Could Pippi and Taffy be conspiring via private messages?  World domination in imminent guys!

@Brambino, I remember seeing that graphic earlier this year. So accurate!   You’ve given me an idea. A friend gave me a black rabbit chalkboard at Easter. I’m going to have to draw that map on it.

• Laurora
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

For little Louise, most of that chart is a “Meh.” Except the head, of course, which is still a “Yes!!” As long as I don’t overdo it, she doesn’t really mind poking and petting, no matter where it is. 

She’ll even flip over (yes, of her own free will!) and lay that way until she gets a good belly rub, sometimes. (It’s completely strange to me, especially since I’ve only had her about a month!)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Nearly half of my guinea pigs like/have liked belly rubs, so maybe its not so surprising the odd bun does, though its the first time I’ve heard a rabbit like it.

You are so lucky

• Azerane

Posted By skysblue on 6/14/2016 9:01 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Somebunny studying hard

That’s too darn cute

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

?? Zou loves her bum being scratched with my whole hand (as if you were holding a handball ball with one hand fingers splayed open, then grip and scratch!!)
      Yours no? Ohhh, I didn’t do this before but I saw the breeer do it to hers, so I thought hey – I’ll try…..

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – and anyone other wife/mother who needs an ironic laugh – this photo is for you…. I await your reactions !!!  LOL

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

And then this one too, although I feel they should have a slobbering St Bernard holding the sign !!

• Brambino
      Participant
      148 posts Send Private Message

These pics are so funny. Louise looks amazing. Like a big Teddy so cute!!

• Azerane

Haha, that sure looks like a nice relaxing day if you ask me!

• sarabelle
      Participant
      145 posts Send Private Message

Is it just me, or do all owners of red-eyed rabbits have the problem with their rabbit’s eyes looking like they are evil, I think it’s cute the way Zeke looks with his eyes like that.

Here’s me being bored with the settings on my phone (please excuse the quality of my camera, cheap phone.) 

Hay on the floor Zeke deciding play vacuum 

• Niamian
      Participant

Q8, that would be lovely!

And now so much cute bunnies so little time!

First of all Everly and her big and small white fluffy friends are adorable!
      She is well suited to be Alice now.

Second, I am positive Pippi and skysblue bunny where in contact abot that world domination thing as Jesry said. I know it’s a tough but somebun gotta do it. (And now all I can hear is Faith no More song with bit changed lyrics)

Laurora Louis is adorable overload, like a cartoon character.

Further more, camera quality got nothing on Zeke he is sweetie non the less. And yes so sweet of our buns to go vacuuming mess they made themselves, shhh.

• LittlePuffyTail

Totally spamming you all with Everly and Sterling pics. They are just so adorable together. 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Spam away, LPT… it’s just too cute.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 6/17/2016 12:38 AM

Spam away, LPT… it’s just too cute.

Yep  keep ’em coming

• Bam

LPT, please do spam away! They look so lovely together!

Laurora, Louise does look like a stuffy toy, so adorable!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m getting old – I can’t remember if I posted these 2 greetings cards I saw – naturally when i see anything bunny-like I think of sharing with my BB family !!  I love them….  thinking of sending them to myself !!!  LOL 

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Laurora- I still can’t get over the fact that Louise looks so much like my Chomondeley!

Vienna- I need those cards!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOVE those cards

• Laurora
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

Cinnybun, I just went back a couple pages and saw Chomondeley. You weren’t kidding, it’s just uncanny! It’s like they’re siblings!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I like the cards too – ther’s such a camarderie with the two buns….

• Niamian
      Participant

Vienna the cards are awsome!
      We could all send them to each others or our buns. lol

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I don’t know if one of the mods can make my picture appear, but here’s my darling baby in all his fluffy glory in his room at Pet Land. His caretaker sent this pic and a few others as part of today’s update and he looked particularly adorable. Ooof… how his mommy misses him.

• Niamian
      Participant

Oh my. He is just too adorable!
      His manes are like haircut. Sweet little sand bunny.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

He looks a bit like one of the Beatles in that photo. LOL

(And thanks, fearless leader who fixed my pic )

• Bam

Naaw little Chewie! I’m sure he misses his mama just as much as you miss him. He looks a tiny bit orphaned in that pic. He really is a particularly adorable bunny!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Here is a photo of Zou (bear in mind the size of her giant nose!) and possibly one of the biggest dandelion leaves I’ve found to date…. Sprite can 330ml for scale !

Can anyone do any better?  LOL

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh. My. God. That’s humongous!

Zou is gorgeous, btw.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

wow, thats a mouthful

• Niamian
      Participant

Lol! Happy bunny.

And no there is no way I’m gonna ever find better ones than that.

• Bam

I’ll NEVER show that pic to Bam and Yohio because then they’ll force me to move to France and you have no thrift shops. Do you live near a nuclear test site?

• Sorayya
      Participant
      35 posts Send Private Message

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL And since we ARE moving to France, I’m totally WhatsApping this pic to Chewie’s phone.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/20/2016 12:27 PM

Here is a photo of Zou (bear in mind the size of her giant nose!) and possibly one of the biggest dandelion leaves I’ve found to date…. Sprite can 330ml for scale !

Can anyone do any better?  LOL

all that rain must have something to do with the mega dandelions, as I’ve just found dozens in the back garden that are over a foot long, though none as wide as the ones in Zou’s mouth!

Latte generously agreed to do some quality control, before I dry this lot out to save for winter  

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – Humungous yes ! But sorry, a one off !!

Gina – I tried drying out back in May when we had 3 really hot days (seems a lifetime ago in all this rain now), but it was SUCH a FAF (phaf? faph? lol) and I still wasn’t convinced there wasn’t ONE drop of humdity left that would ruin it all… so I won’t be trying it again….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here are the two bags of dandelions I dried earlier in the year, with a 2 litre bottle of fanta for scale

and here is a slightly long dandelion stalk from the back garden that Podge ate for his tea

• Q8bunny
      Participant

What are you guys feeding your weeds?!! LOL

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

!!!!!! Would have loved to see the leaves on that stalk !!!!

Wow for the drying! Well done !! Any tips ?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Yep, keep them away from Zou while drying!

I collect around midday, when its hot and sunny, so the leaves are as dry as possible, and then spread them out inside a big cardboard box, the card seems to speed things up? I leave the box in full sun, and toss the leaves with my hands each time I pop out to check on the buns. Then I bring the box in that evening and leave the box in the garage for as long as it takes to totally dry out, then a bit longer before bagging them! I toss them all at least once a day. Its a lot of work, but come winter, everybun n piggy will be glad of all those leaves. If you have any big daisies nearby, their leaves are quicker to collect, but take more drying, but I am mixing them in the batch I’m drying now, plus some nettles, given Podge seems to do best on a forage mix. The nettles are in a different box til dry enough to not sting my hands! Then I’ll toss them in with the others.

The leaves from that stalk were fairly normal size??? Strange huh?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yup, and the huge leaves I got didn’t have a stalk!! (that I could find anyway!) – maybe the energy goes into the stalk and not the leaves….?
      I tossed my devonshire dandelions for days !! They came back in the car with me sprawled out on the back of the car so no fermentating happened…. still had to dry for 2 days at home.
      Right – I’m going out NOW to collect some (saw some wicked ones on my roundabout earlier in the car) and I’ll try again…..

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Only bunny parents… LOL

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 6/21/2016 10:57 PM

What are you guys feeding your weeds?!! LOL

My weeds are thoroughly spoilt, getting a tasty diet of 4 different varieties of bunny poops, and two different varieties of piggy poops 

• Bam

I think a lot of the energy goes into the stalk or rather the bud/flower/seeds. It’s true for grasses, once they’ve gone into seed, the grass isn’t at all as nutritious any longer. You can choose to harvest hay 2 or 3 times per season (in some climates 4 times) if you harvest 3 times you get richer hay but a smaller yield and vice versa. I recently read about that because, well, I am a bunny owner and thus obsessed with foraging =D

So Vienna and GJ, are you excited about the vote tomorrow? I’m quite excited and I’m not even voting (obviously). It really feels quite fateful (if that’s the word I’m looking for).

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Just spent 15 mins on the roundabout, avoiding the cars as they zoomed around… and filled a bin bag !! (OK a small bin, but even so….) !

Does anyone know what the “horseshose” plant (with a so-called horseshoe shaped leaf) is….? It was in the bunny foraging speech at the Pet Show and apparently it’s everywhere…. apparently.

And Ireland’s through !! YAY – Lille will be rocking with Leprachauns tonight !!!!

• Bam

Is it tussilago farfara you mean? Yellow flowers no leaves in early spring, often along roads and/or on sandy ground, big horse-shoe shaped leaves and no flowers in the summer?

leaves, how they look this time of year:  tussi 

flowers in early spring: tussilago flowers

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oh goodness knows bam ! That is indeed horsehoe-y shaped (thanks to Google!).
      I do remember now her saying something like they’re fine for buns before the flowers come, but as soon as the flowers arrive (or just after?) they release some sort of toxin (or other) so not good for buns… Actually, that’s probably why I sort of deleted it from my memory !

I’ve brought some brambles back with me tonight – but she’s not impressed !!

• Bam

It would be some other flower then because with tussilago, the flowers come first. I remember you said dock leaves were fine befor the flowers came, right after you’d been ato the pet show. The toxin would then be oxalic acid.

I think tussilago leaves are non-toxic but I haven’t tried them on the buns. But you can make cough med for humans from them if you make an infusion with alcohol (havent tried that either I’m afraid).

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Any thoughts on thistles for rabbits? Some sites list them as safe, but I’d be worried about a spiky bit getting stuck in a buns mouth, so although I have quite a few that keep growing back every time I remove them, so far haven’t risked trying them as food.

• Bam

I’ve tried thistles. They won’t eat the really thorny ones but there is a type they really like, it has white milk sap and somewhat fleshy, dark green leaves and only a little bit of not-so-sharp thornes. I don’t know what it’s called but maybe I can take a pic tomorrow.

• MK
      Participant
      751 posts Send Private Message

Wow! Impressive amount of dandelions. I live in Colorado, and I immediately thought it was something else….but I’m glad it’s dandelions! Lol!

• MK
      Participant
      751 posts Send Private Message

Trying out my new camera on my baby and his fuzzy noseA cute little baby cottontail helping himself to a flower near the coffee shop I went to this morning

Everyone’s bunnies and babies are just the CUTEST!! 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I totally just rubbed Coco’s scrumptious nose on my iPad.

Bam: I wonder if tussilago was named for its medicinal uses? Isn’t tussere Latin for cough, or am I hallucinating due to the heatwave?

Vienna: Lucky girl, being in the thick of it. Spain’s stuck playing Italy, much to the former’s chagrin, so I’m a nervous wreck – I hate the elimination phase. I’m also quite on pins and needles about the referendum. I love spending time in the UK and having an EU passport made it so much easier. But I also understand their reasons for wanting to pull out. If I could vote, I think I’d be quite torn.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 6/22/2016 6:04 PM

I’ve tried thistles. They won’t eat the really thorny ones but there is a type they really like, it has white milk sap and somewhat fleshy, dark green leaves and only a little bit of not-so-sharp thornes. I don’t know what it’s called but maybe I can take a pic tomorrow.

We have both types, and yes the not-so-sharp type are fine, its the sharp ones I’m wary of, and of course, they are the type we have most of!

Maybe I could use nail clippers to clip the really sharp ends? Or is that taking things too far?

As far as the vote goes, yes an exciting day, but a bit eclipsed in our house, as my youngest has a two hour biology exam, followed by a three hour Cambridge maths exam, STEP 3, which he has to get one of the top 2 grades on to secure his place at Cambridge, followed by his final chess tournament of the year (Chess year ends 30th Jun). Its all go around here today!

Coco is gorgeous

• Bam

MK, squeeee!!!! Coco’s nose ! And that baby cottontail!

Q8, the name tussilago is derived from tussere. I ought to pick some leaves and make cough med for the long winter to come.
      G.J, thistles are really tough to get rid of, they have long horizontal roots deep in the ground =( Love the nail-clipper idea though. That’s taking foraging for bunpigs to a whole new level. I can see how the vote is kind of over-shadowed by what’s going on in your family. Yay for your (human) boys!!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

GJ: May the Force be with your amazing son, and noserubs to the awesome foursome, and wheekwheeks to the piggies.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Cut off sharp ends??!!! LOL – Zou eats rose thorns… not sure you can get sharper than those – and i’m not sure rabbits have nail clippers when they’re out in the fields… lol
      That nose does ask to be rubbed – lovely pic ! Lovely lighting – I still can’t get my dark bun like that in a photo – or maybe I’m on the wrong F-stop….

My goodnes Gina – he’ll sleep well tonight !!!

• Bam

My buns eat bramble leaves that are very thorny, so the thorns might not be the problem. It could be that they don’t like the taste =)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Latte dived into some fresh hay last year, a little too enthusiastically, and scratched his eye on something sharp. It was only a tiny scratch, but the eye gradually clouded over and I’m pretty sure he is now blind in that eye. I know its not possible to check every handful of hay, but I felt awful at the time, and it has left me over cautious of anything nasty and scratchy, and I don’t want any bun or pig with an injured mouth…

I think it will take my youngest a long time to wind down tonight!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Of course Gina, but the rabbit lady said they have tough (yet gentle ?!) mouths and they are quite used to avoiding the thorns on brambles and suchlike in the wild… agreably I only give individual twigs of roses (or else she helps herself to one that’s been happily in place for 10 years!!!) rather than a pile…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

And you shouldn’t feel guilty – Latte dived into the pile – you didn’t throw her…… did youuuuuuuu ?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Him! And he still does it, every time he gets fresh hay, which is every other day.

• noodlebeer
      Participant
      59 posts Send Private Message

Thought I’d share this recent pic of my boy Gus – I leave that stool in the middle of the kitchen for him as he likes to sit on it and watch while I cook/prepare his greens :3  He likes to be tall!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Lovely pic, my buns like to be up high and nosey too

My youngest drew his chess match, to win the tournament, not too bad, given it was straight after two exams

• LittlePuffyTail

Gus is so cute! And not spoiled at all…

• noodlebeer
      Participant
      59 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit? Spoiled? Never!  

• jerseygirl

Oh Steph, Im melting. Sterling and Everly…

Love the pic of Gus, Coco and the baby cottontail squeeee.

Re thistles, sow thistle can be popular with some bunnies. Stay away from thorny scotch thistle though. VB, I hope you didn’t toss the brambles that Zou snubbed. Good to keep dried for times when off their food or other tum problems. 

• Bam

Jersey, sow thistles! Those are the thistles my buns like, I had no idea what they are called (in any language).

LPT, Everly and Sterling, I’m speechless. The adorability!

noodlebeer, that is a very conveniently placed platform for a wee hungry bunny =) So cute!

GJ, I’m sorry about Latte’s eye, but I don’t think there’s any way to really prevent that, hay being hay and bunpigs being dependant on long-stranded hay.

• Azerane

So many cute bunny pictures! If your rabbits go missing mysteriously… it wasn’t me, I swear

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Posted By Laurora on 6/17/2016 9:25 PM

Cinnybun, I just went back a couple pages and saw Chomondeley. You weren’t kidding, it’s just uncanny! It’s like they’re siblings!

Little late, but I know!! It’s insane! Maybe they’re long-lost brother and sister. 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m not sure what Sterling’s life was before a month ago…. but boy did he fall on his big bunny feet !! LOL
      I think he & E are a bonded pair….!!

Jersey – of course I threw them (but its the beginning of the season
      Do you really think she’d eat them when she’s not feeling well, if she doesn’t like them when she feels fine?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

One more week until I see my baby.

• jerseygirl

Awww!! I wonder if he’ll give you the bunny butt when you get home?
      His colouring is so delicate & beautiful.

• Bam

Aww Chewie! I’m so def bun-napping him.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

He’s such a beauty! Jersey is right, his color is such a light shade. I want to bun-nap all of these bunnies…. I guess I’m missing my little boy at the moment. Also, I made the mistake of looking at rabbits on Craigslist. My heart broke especially for a sweet little black Lionhead, female (apparently) in my area, kids aren’t treating her right. Now I’ll be thinking about her and how she might go to a bad family for weeks.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

My mom thought I was just lovestruck when I told her that he’s the colour of dandelion fluff – until she saw him on Skype (his ears look lavender though).

Wouldn’t be great if we could have a bunny exchange program? Minus the stress of travel.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I went out in the hope of finding ‘some’ foraging yumyum to dry and my golly as you can see – just down the canal from where I live a mini meadow of them… AND I’ve worked out the perfect box to dry them in the (windy) garden – an under bed drawer thingy. Toss toss tossing salad all afternoon… then speedy recovery into the wendyhouse (where I was!) when a bizarre downpour occured in the middle of two heatwave hours, and into the WH again overnight… they are nowhere near being dry yet….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Zou will be glad come the winter

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

She had BETTER appreciate the work, or there’ll be trouble !!!

• Azerane

Wow, an amazing find of forage. Cat just has to be involved, lol. What’s his/her name?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That kitteh reminds me of grape stompers. LOL

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I need to try and post some pictures soon!

Loving all the photos everybody, keep ’em coming!

• Niamian
      Participant

I’ll definitely have to do some foraging myself now. It’s so hot here right now that it will probably dried in a day so to say.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Cat’s name is Tisha She’s like a dog, follows me everywhere but seems to have gotten older since Kyra the dog passed.
      Leaves not dry yet !!! When they are I’ll fill the drawer up again – that won’t keep a monster bun going for long !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Teeheehee… couldn’t resist.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’ve popped ! I’ve popped !!!! (“popped”, not “pooped”…!! )   

No photo waaaaaaaaaaaaa 

• Azerane

Tisha, what a cute name

As per request, Dory. Same pic that I posted in the thread I had about her, but couldn’t find another decent one quick enough, don’t think I’ve copied them over to the computer yet. This was taken a couple weeks ago, but she still looks the same, just has a cleaner beak more often

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I didn’t see the first pic! They are AMAZING colours on her !! Wow – thanks

Tisha is the English spelling that I modified to the old owners’ name of ‘Tichat’ which means “little cat” in French (petit chat)
      (I usually call Teeeeeesh when I want her to come….)

• Azerane

Yes, she’s certainly very stunning. She’s missing most of her neck feathers except the downy ones so I’m really hoping she’ll let those grow back in and then we’ll see her in her full glory

And that is so cute! Little Cat I like the modification to it to Tisha as well

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Dory’s gorgeous! She looks like a fauvist painting come to life.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

She looks as if a child has colored in a coloring book parrot picture with a vivid imagination and in really totally impossible vivid colours…..
      “that’s loooovely dear”…

• LittlePuffyTail

I should probably store the big hay bag elsewhere….

Cute Thief #1

Cute Thief #2

Evi and Sterling playtime on the porch

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant
      39 posts Send Private Message

Ajax went outside the other day for the first time (ever!) and I took some pictures; I thought you guys might enjoy them. 

• Azerane

Haha yes, she is very bright!

Cutest hag bag thieves I’ve ever seen Sterling and Evi seem to have a wonderful bond.

Ajax looks like he’s loving the time outside Always love the super cute face cleaning photos too. Also I just love his hair-do

• Q8bunny
      Participant

BINDI poo! Funny bunny.

Um… could SOMEone please give me back my rabbit? Seriously. Just because I’m away doesn’t mean you can just grab him.

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

That is an exceedingly cute periscope pose !!!! And he’ll fit right in my pocket !!

• Hazel
      Participant

LPT: How cute they both are! Everly and Sterling seem to just love each other!

Azerane: That is one pretty birdie! More pictures please! 

Ajax looks pretty dapper out there, and very proud of himself! Love his hair! He’s beautiful, if I didn’t know better I would guess he’s a lady. Don’t tell him I said that, though.

Sorry there’s so much kitty in the pics, every time I try to take some of Oscar, he has to get in the middle of it. 

Sharing some kale:

M: “You sure this is edible?”

O: “Yup, try it!”

M: “Okay…”

M: “Mine’s gross, let me try yours!”

O: “TAKE YOUR STINKING PAWS OFF ME, YOU DAMN DIRTY CAT!!!”

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

Hazel – I’ll let him know you called him dapper – without passing on you think he could be a lady Also, what a sweet looking little bun, and your cat is gorgeous too!

• Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      1988 posts Send Private Message

Awww, your bun and your kitty are just lovely together!

We’ve had a bad start of the summer so far: lots of rain and cold weather. But whenever there’s a small ray of sun, Breintje is sure to catch it!

(sorry, pics taken with a mobile phone cam which is only slightly better than taking pics with a potato)

• Jessica
      Participant
      161 posts Send Private Message

pictures of the now 1 year old flopsy enjoying her fleece blanket and kissing mommys knee lol 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

@Ellie – lmao !! I have a very good friend who is Dutch and I can just hear those words coming out of her mouth – same humour or same translated saying… not sure, but still I laughed !

@Hazel – go camera girl, go !! lol – that first one just shows Mosby as a lion cousin – amazing ressemblance – very majestic pose.
      And Oscar in the second one with his mouth open could be heard as saying in a Bugs Bunny way “waaaarr what’s up doc? !!” lol

• Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      1988 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/30/2016 4:22 PM

@Ellie
      – lmao !! I have a very good friend who is Dutch and I can just hear those words coming out of her mouth – same humour or same translated saying… not sure, but still I laughed !

Hihi, I’m quite proud of my Dunglish, and complaining about our lousy weather is considered our national sport. 

It’s true though, the Dutch love to soak up the sun because we don’t get much. (Maybe also because it’s free?) Hell, we even book all-inclusive vacations to the Mediterranean to be cooped up with a lot of other fanatical sunbathers. If our national colour wasn’t orange it’d be sun-burn red 

Jessica, your fluff is seriously cute! Enjoy your grooming sessions ^_^ 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

actually I was talking about taking a photo with a potato !!! …..

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hazel & Ellie: Thanks for the LOLs.

• Azerane

Posted By Hazel on 6/30/2016 12:01 PM 

Azerane: That is one pretty birdie! More pictures please! 

Sorry there’s so much kitty in the pics, every time I try to take some of Oscar, he has to get in the middle of it. 

Thanks I do need to get more photos of her out of the cage. Trouble is it’s quite dark and dreary here lately, and I can’t have the main light on in the room when she’s out. Because of the type of globe, the lights gets really hot and she has tried to land on them before so for her safety I keep the main lights off which means there’s not much light for photography, and I do try not to use the flash on her.

And why would you apologise for pictures of the kitty. He is so stinking cute! He and Oscar make such a great pair Super fun sequence of photos too

Having said all that, here’s a pic of her messy face after eating. She wipes it off of her beak onto the bars and then eats it off the bars later, lol. Regarding her neck, that’s how she was when I found her. She has plucked a little more since then exposing a little bit of skin, but she’s also letting some grow in so we’ll see how that progresses. I’m hoping it will improve the longer she’s here and once she gets a larger cage. She was obviously a plucker before, but it seemed pretty healthy in terms of growth so it makes me sad that it’s only gotten worse since she got here.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Maybe she had a mate where she was before…..

• Hazel
      Participant

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Vienna:  I love Oscar’s open mouth. It looks so weird! Mosby seems to think he’s a lion, but he’ll look more like it once he gets his mane. I’ve read that oftentimes it grows in after they get neutered. Only 6 more months to go! Unless he starts spraying, then it’s off to the vet for him…

Azerane: Awww, she’s so cute! And it sounds like she’s getting spoiled, poor you living in the dark just for her!  I had to laugh at her smearing the food on the bars for later! Maybe she likes it a little dried up and crispy.  I bet she’ll slow down on the plucking soon, who knows how she was kept before, maybe she’s still a little stressed from that, as well as from her escape. It certainly isn’t your fault, you’re taking care of her so well.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Dory is quite obviously saving it for Ron…

• Jessica
      Participant
      161 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 6/30/2016 4:38 PM

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/30/2016 4:22 PM

@Ellie
      – lmao !! I have a very good friend who is Dutch and I can just hear those words coming out of her mouth – same humour or same translated saying… not sure, but still I laughed !

Hihi, I’m quite proud of my Dunglish, and complaining about our lousy weather is considered our national sport. 

It’s true though, the Dutch love to soak up the sun because we don’t get much. (Maybe also because it’s free?) Hell, we even book all-inclusive vacations to the Mediterranean to be cooped up with a lot of other fanatical sunbathers. If our national colour wasn’t orange it’d be sun-burn red 

Jessica, your fluff is seriously cute! Enjoy your grooming sessions ^_^ 

thank you so much ellie and i always do. shes my little sweet heart. cant believe in aug it’ll be a year since i got her and she was so shy at first. now if i go anywhere she tries to follow me. 

and az, i found your youtube channel you are very informative on it and i love it 

• Sr. Melangell
      Participant
      1708 posts Send Private Message

Ellie you made me laugh so hard when I read what you put about taking pictures with a potato, I think I woke my neighbour up, hmmm a potato would take better pictures than my camera phone, a baked potato at that.

You gave me an idea.

Free Photography course, bring your own Spud

• Azerane

Posted By Hazel on 7/01/2016 10:02 AM

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Vienna:  I love Oscar’s open mouth. It looks so weird! Mosby seems to think he’s a lion, but he’ll look more like it once he gets his mane. I’ve read that oftentimes it grows in after they get neutered. Only 6 more months to go! Unless he starts spraying, then it’s off to the vet for him…

Azerane: Awww, she’s so cute! And it sounds like she’s getting spoiled, poor you living in the dark just for her!  I had to laugh at her smearing the food on the bars for later! Maybe she likes it a little dried up and crispy.  I bet she’ll slow down on the plucking soon, who knows how she was kept before, maybe she’s still a little stressed from that, as well as from her escape. It certainly isn’t your fault, you’re taking care of her so well.

Thanks guys She is super spoiled that’s for sure. It’s tough to say how the plucking started. Her neck may have been completely bare in her old home and it grew in after her escape (who knows how long she was out). Or she started plucking after her escape. It’s difficult to know. I would have thought that a captive bird in the wild would be far too busy to have time for plucking.

Jessica, thanks so much for the compliments on my channel I really want to get back into it, but obviously have to wait until I have a bunny again. I’m hoping to add bird videos with Dory but I’m holding off on that until we’ve had her a while longer.

Viewing 195 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE June Pics