Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat!! :D

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 450 total)
  • Author
    LBJ10

LOL LLH, so true! =p

Little Lion Head
    Participant

This just happened…
    Jared leaving for work.

Jared (to me): Love you
    Me: Love you too
    Jared: Love you two (as he points to the living room at the bunnies). And I don’t mean too as in also, I mean two as in numerically.

Haha thanks for clarifying.

This coming from the man who “doesn’t like the bunnies” and offers to take one to the humane society every other day. Tough guy.

JackRabbit
    Participant

LLH — doesn’t like the bunnies, humane society . . . Hmmm . . . sounds way too familiar except the name is Kevin not Jared! Kevin-who-doesn’t-like-bunnies is also the one saying that a 4th bun wouldn’t be any more work, especially if it likes ear rubs!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Mmm Ramen. I really like ramen noodles. I strain mine and add butter and it makes the chicken really creamy. If you strain the beef flavored and put a little sugar in it it tastes like Chinese food. And for those who are interested: 11 ramen noodle “hacks” : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx28Oy-sJNA

AH— That’s crazy! I know America and Aussie’s have different money currencies but I believe the price over there would only be about 35 cents over in Aussie?

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Hazel— Do you watch Hockey too or just Soccer?

Tessie
    Participant

All my exams are over and I’m graduating in a month, so I’m basically now unemployed!

What should I do with my life?!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Are you graduating College Tessie?

JackRabbit
    Participant

Congrats Tessie!

LoveChaCha
    Participant

Hiya all!

It’s been a little depressing this week for me. I lost a high school friend to a seizure. He passed in his sleep. I just hope he felt no pain. Since he moved to Georgia last year, myself and his friends in Washington are going to have a remembering celebration. So far, 30 people are going.

I’m taking Koucha bun to her second HOPPY HOUR event in Seattle on Saturday I took her to one in March and she really enjoyed herself. She is going to have so much fun!

Lots of fun stuff in July ;p I’m going to a Final Fantasy concert in Seattle next month. Woohoo!

The Law Bun
    Participant

Hoppy Hour? Lol what’s that? Do a bunch of people take their bunnies into a park for activities? Sounds like SO much poop . And Final fantasy concert sounds AWESOME! Haha, is it people playing the final fantasy soundtracks? Because those soundtracks are so awesome to jam to, especially when studying.

AndHenry
    Participant

LOL!!! Your gonna crack up when I tell you this….. the letter for Blair’s appointment arrived and guess when it’s for???
    Denny’s wedding DAY!!! (Who gets married on a THURSDAY? Denny…. *sigh*!) Hahahahahahaha!

Anyhow, I called to change it and said that I had concerns with Blair staying still while having the MRI (yep, it is an MRI that he has to have) and they appreciated knowing and will do what they can and can offer light sedation. OMG no wonder I am going bonker’s! AND we have to take him back to the local hospital next week to have his heart monitored for 24 hours, so that means another 2 days at home with ME! Good grief!

I’m thinking of running away from home….. anyone want to join me??? LOL!

Hazel
    Participant

Moxie: Just soccer, but if you’re telling me hockey is worth watching, I might give that a try!
    Don’t miss the US game on Friday…

LoveChaCha: I’m sorry about your friend. It’s so nice that you’re going to have a gathering for him though. Have fun at Hoppy Hour!

Tessie: Congrats on graduating!

LLH, JR: Is there something you put in your hubby’s water to make them go bunny crazy? You have to tell me how you do it!

Tomorrow I might try to make ice cream. I tried it last week but it didn’t turn out right, tasted more like crushed popsicles than ice cream.

LBJ10

Tessie – Welcome to the “real” world! LOL Congrats on graduating!

LoveChaCha – Welcome back! In case you didn’t notice, I was jumping all over you in the thread you started. LOL So sorry to hear about your friend. That’s so sad. I suppose he wasn’t very old then. =\

AH – Why is Denny getting married on a Thursday? LOL Why do they need Blair to stay home with his heart monitor? Are the afraid he’ll mess with it if no one is watching? I guess I would think they would want to monitor him while he’s doing his everyday activities.

AndHenry
    Participant

WHY is Denny getting married on a Thursday? To annoy me??? Hahaha! Cause it’s a lot cheaper I spose…. but gosh, everyone has to take time off work. I’m surprised that everyone is able to attend (that I know of). The daughter’s fiancé works away at the mines and has to fly back for it, and the hubby and daughter were both lucky to be able to take the time off. Lets just say if there is a hard way to do something, Den will do it, lol!
    Oh and the reason for Blair taking 2 days off for the heart monitor is cause of the time he has to go in to have it fitted and then removed the following day. But that’s a good point LBJ – I didn’t think of that. Actually, I didn’t/don’t think of anything – I have no idea what I should be doing and I think that’s one of the reason’s why I am struggling with all this.
    And I think the timing is really bad, I have so much on my mind between this and Den’s wedding that I have a constant headache. I wrote the speech and I think I will have to tear it up and start again – no one will gets the jokes I made except us as a small family. The last thing I want to do is embarrass Den, let alone myself – maybe I should stick with ‘short and soppy’??? But I did have some good jokes included at Den’s expense, hehe!

If anyone wants to earn a quick $5 bucks…. I’ll pay for a speech to be written, hahahaha!

OH!!! And I did something REALLY naughty!!! I took a picture of Blair’s appointment letter and texted it to Den. He franticly replied ‘what does this mean, you can’t come???’. When I told him I changed the appointment date, well…. I can’t say on here what he called me – LOL!
    (Reminder – do NOT do this to the daughter when she gets married – apparently it’s NOT funny???)

OOOP’S!

AndHenry
    Participant

CONGRATS Tessie! I am super excited for you, if a little daunted….. ‘what to do now’? If only I had the answer’s for you. I just know the world is very different to how it was for me, and when my kid’s finished their studies I was SO relieved, but I worried for them – not just getting a job, but the right job and how your job/career can impact on your life well into your future – no wonder it is daunting.
    But for some reason Tess I reckon you’ll do ok – your Miss Personality! You’ll get snapped up in no time!

Oh gosh yes Moxie, the cost of living between the US and Oz is incredible – I struggle to get why stuff is so much cheaper in the States. The cost of living in Australia is outrageous – the price of noodles proved that!!!

And I’m sorry Hazel, I’m with LBJ – sport on TV? That would be the only time I’d offer for Henry to chew threw the cord! LOL! Actually, stupid me just realised…. is that why we have so many TV’s in our house? So when the hubby watches sport I DON’T have tooooo! Hahaha!

And thanks LLH – I knew you would pass the message onto Moxie for me! I don’t get why??? So far today I haven’t had one problem getting into the chat thread, yet this morning I had to log in twice??? And the other night I posted again and I couldn’t get it to submit for the life of me – after 4 tries I gave up! Two things that annoy me? When something happens and I can’t share it with you, then I usually forget – *sigh*! The other? I hate that you may think I haven’t posted cause something is wrong when everything is ok.

LBJ10

AH – Well, you know you can test out your speech on us if you’re looking for feedback.
    As for Blair, it makes sense to me for him to go about his normal activities while the monitor is busy recording. But maybe you can do some stuff with him while he’s home so he’s not just sitting around? Will they be doing a stress test at the hospital?

AndHenry
    Participant

Oh gosh! If I wasn’t worried that what I wrote was so bad I would! You know how much I love you guys for your opinions. Once I have done it and I think I am ok with it, I’ll post it for ‘correctionS’! Lol!

And I agree LBJ! But the time to have it fitted and removed is at 11am both days. And the hospital is in the suburb to the left of us and his day centre to the right, so about 50 minutes apart and his day finishes at 3pm. But I’m thinking, maybe he can come tile shopping with me after??? I was wondering when I’d find the time to tile shop? He he he he…..
    AND YES! The last thing I feel like doing at the moment is tile shopping, hahaha! But at least it shouldn’t be busy like a shopping centre and boring with no money to spend! I only have the money for the tiles and kitchen sink and tap because they are part of the budget and I have to buy/provide them.

AndHenry
    Participant

How random Moxie!!! Romeo and Juliet (LOL! Love Story) is playing on the radio!!! Hahahaha………
    I haven’t heard it for months and months and months! Maybe I should stop typing and enjoy it???

AndHenry
    Participant

OMG OMG OMG! I just remembered something I wanted to tell you guys when I couldn’t get on and forgot…..

Sooo, Blair bought home a little perfume bottle filled with coloured sand from his art day. I admired it and let it sit on my desk for a few hours before dumping it in the bin when he went to bed. Bugga! I got up the next morning and there was ANOTHER one on my desk! Different bottle but the same. I thought how many does he have??? Anyhow the rest of the week went by and I forgot about it till I woke up this morning and found this little wood thing covered in glued sparkly gem thingy’s on my bedside table thinking Blair must have come in and put it there while I was asleep last night. When I got up I took it and showed my hubby who couldn’t keep a straight face – he put it on my bedside table after Blair gave it to him last night! LOL!

Sooo…… guess how we spent the morning? Giving it to each other by leaving it in each other’s spaces, hahaha! Hey, at least it hasn’t made the bin yet! (I know it must sound terrible that we bin his stuff, but if you knew how much and what he brings home you’d understand). Soooo…… this afternoon Blair brings home more stuff! A catalogue for a HUGE tv he wants (and will never get!) some figurine and a ball! The ball is not huge or little, about 3x’s the size of a tennis ball and I told Blair to roll it to Henry. Henry loves (or HATES!) it, he has moved it around for a good 30 seconds! Talk about concentration! So, I think we will KEEP the ball???

LOL!

AndHenry
    Participant

Well, I might as well keep going while I can still get in, hahahaha……
    I just had a naughty thought – when I couldn’t submit my last post the other night, was that BB or a FL blocking it??? You had enough of me??? LOL!

Anyhow, just a quick message to Hazel. I watched all of Season 1 of Orange is the New Black (only took me 2 days – GASP! Lol!) and Season 2 makes perfect sense to me now – bloody brilliant! I have the recorder set to record ALL of Season 3 this Saturday, apparently we get it the same time as you guys in the US. And I’m a little excited…. one of my favourite Aussie’s is staring in Season 3, Ruby Rose. I can’t wait to see her stuff in it, so look out for her as a newbie. She has short dark hair, tall and slender and her tat’s are real. I just realised that was probably a dumb thing to say – I’m sure ALL the tat’s are real on this show???

And bam, I recorded True Detective – is it only one Season with 8 episode’s??? And are they doing a Season 2? I haven’t actually watched it yet – I am waiting for a cold, miserable, rainy Sunday to spend in bed to watch the whole 8 episodes in one go. I reckon sometime late July the way I am going? LOL! I had to watch Orange straight away seeing I already watched Season 2. I am going to save Season 3 and do a marathon as well.
    For all the things I CAN’T live without??? My dishwaher, washing machine, fridge and RECORDER! Hehehehe…..

MissGabbster
    Participant

Congrats, Tessie! I’m in a similar spot. I just got in all my high school credits and am now just waiting for graduation. Who knows what I’ll do next

Movie, your chicken coop sounds like it’s coming along nicely.

Ah, is Den getting married next Thursday? That’s exciting for him! I do agree that Thursday is an odd day to do it though.

The boil order is still in place. I don’t think you realize just how much water you go through until you have to boil it all. I want clean water again.

Tessie
    Participant

Awwww thanks everyone! You’re all so sweet

The Law Bun
    Participant

Congrats on graduation Tessie, and welcome to the real world. Its not so bad .

AH- Question, is it customary in Australia for a groom’s parents to pay for the wedding? Although I am far off from being married I am pretty sure the groom’s family pays for the rehearsal dinner while the bride’s family is responsible for paying for the wedding. Not sure how strictly its adhered to, but just curious if that custom holds true for Ausie families as well.

Edit: AH- there is a second season for True Detective coming, but its a whole new cast and plot. Quite like American Horror Story.

JackRabbit
    Participant

Hazel — I think the bunnies must be working on the hubbies together! What do you think LLH?!

AH — My boss and I did the same thing with an old broken phone! We can’t trash most things at work (they have to go through “surplus property” which means paperwork). He’d hide it in my office and vice versa. I even hid it behind some papers in the safe in his office, and have found it in the mini fridge in my office.

LoveChaCha
    Participant

Posted By The Law Bun on 6/10/2015 7:21 PM

Hoppy Hour? Lol what’s that? Do a bunch of people take their bunnies into a park for activities? Sounds like SO much poop . And Final fantasy concert sounds AWESOME! Haha, is it people playing the final fantasy soundtracks? Because those soundtracks are so awesome to jam to, especially when studying.

Hoppy Hour is an event where people bring their bunnies to a location. There are litter boxes, toys, and hidey houses. The bunnies are free to roam on a space, while the hoomins are on the sidelines. There are people walking around to make sure bunnies don’t fight. Most of the time, bunnies don’t as the space is very neutral. They are allowed to bonk noses but thats it. It is really fun. Koucha was super social last time. She kept on thumping at a lionhead boy that wouldn’t come out of his carrier and she eventually chinned it ! There are some videos on Youtube

Yeah! Seattle Symphony is going to be playing some classica FF music. The most popular tracks I love the games and the music. So relaxing and some are so emotional haha

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 450 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.