Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat!! :D

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 450 total)
  • Author
    LBJ10

What’s the source of the e. coli? Have they tested it yet? If this is city water, then there must be leaching going on somewhere underground. Perhaps there is a sewer pipe leaking. Unless, of course, the water plant somehow allowed untreated/contaminated water to enter the system.

MissGabbster
    Participant

The source was a faulty cross connection between the culinary and secondary water lines. They did test and found both E-Coli and Coliform. The faulty lines have been isolated and the mains are being flushed. The whole city is on boil order until the water tests clean, which they estimate will be early next week.

LBJ10

Ah, I see. You have separate systems there. All of our water is the same. Well all of our city water is all the same, anyway. =p I suppose something like that could happen (and it did!). Was there work done on those lines recently? Sounds like it isn’t too serious. They just want everyone to boil their water just the be safe. Here, water used for irrigating crops has to meet certain standards. Not drinking water standards, but standards nonetheless. I assume your secondary water supply has some sort of regulation so it probably isn’t super dangerous.

We’ve had problems with e. coli in our drinking water here, but it is usually caused by sewer lines backing up due to flooding and whatnot. Sometimes sewer lines rupture though too and no one knows because it’s underground and a slow leak.

Little Lion Head
    Participant

Hahahaha Hazel I love how Lily acts like she is going to hide in the box!!

Little Lion Head
    Participant

e. Coli? That’s awful MissG! Hope it gets sorted out quickly!!!

I’ve always kind of wondered what the buns do when we’re not around. Especially now that they are free-roam and have the whole house to do what they do. This morning I was in the other room eating breakfast and heard chewing…on wood. I was like “What?! these guys don’t chew!” Believe it or not, it was the two taking turns nibbling on one of their toys! Ok knock on wood for me saying this, but they are such good bunnies!!!! They even went to their toy basket to hunt down the toy to chew on!

BubblesJo
    Participant

E. coli sucks! Hopefully they caught it before levels were of concern and the boil order is a precaution.

Comps are exams, right? We do something different in my university. It’s a preliminary exam, where you have to write a 40 page critical review essay on a topic related (but not on) your thesis. Then you have to defend it and your results so far. I did mine on the evolution of babysitting in mammals and how it affects sociality. It’s going be a full chapter on my thesis, but some people use it as a part of the introduction.

Just out of curiosity, do graduate requirement for sciences vary a lot in the USA? I feel like they do in Canada. My university has a kinda of project defense, preliminary exam, you have to TA 2 classes and do the thesis. In some places you have exams instead of preliminary, in other you don’t have a project defense. Back home it’s just the thesis and defending it. I also feel like the number of chapters varies a lot.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed I can get a job after this and stay in Canada. I really, really want to do science communication.

Ugh, this week ran away. My period just took me down yesterday, I felt so bad. Hope I can catch up with a bit a work today :X

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I love the way ferrets run! Bubbles is so cute!!

LBJ10

It’s important to remember that not all e. coli is bad though. I mean, we have it inside us this very minute. BubblesJo – Yep, it especially sucks when you’re working with it in petri dishes. LOL

Yes, it seems requirements vary widely here when it comes to grad school. Different universities have different versions of the same program. Like mine has a non-thesis (terminal) and a thesis option. You may also do a straight through to PhD in a lot of the hard sciences.

Little Lion Head
    Participant

Just ran my first 15k…9.3 miles! Didn’t stop and finished in 91:09!!

Hazel
    Participant

LLH: Wow, that’s amazing! Good job! Yeah, Lily couldn’t quite fit into that box… 

Glad you guys liked the video. He does a better laugh when he does his happy dance, I’ll try to get a video of that.

The Women’s World Cup started today!!! Canada and China are playing right now. Are any of you going to watch? (I guess I already know the answer to that question… )

BubblesJo
    Participant

LLH: That’s awesome, congrats

LBJ: That’s pretty interesting, and so different from back home!

Hazel: It started today? I have to catch up, I always enjoy good soccer

Hazel
    Participant

BubblesJo: Yay! I’m glad I’m not the only one watching! A couple of years ago I couldn’t really get anyone on here excited about the men’s World Cup.

BubblesJo
    Participant

Oh, I’m Portuguese and soccer is a big part of my culture. I watched the men’s World Cup all the way through, paying special attention to Portugal and Germany. I’m excited about the Euro Cup next year too

Hazel
    Participant

Germany’s up tomorrow, that will be a good one! They’re playing against the Ivory Coast, I’m not sure how good they are. We don’t get Fox Sports, so we’ll miss some of the games. Telemundo might be our only chance, they rebroadcasted the Canada game later today, hopefully they’ll keep doing that.

Yeah the Euro 2016 will be awesome! Can’t wait for that.

BubblesJo
    Participant

The man’s team for Ivory Coast is ok, curious about the women’s. I was hoping CBC did the same with as with the men’s world cup and showed it online… have to check that out. My boyfriend is German, maybe I can convince him to come watch the game with me

LongEaredLions
    Participant

Reading the chat and trying to think of something to post….
    OOH! You guys were talking about the new Pirates? Last weekend hubby and I went on Steven Spielberg’s private 737-I cannot tell you how cool that was! Gold doorknobs, pop out TV’s, recliners, a shower, every flavor of tic-tacs ever invented-talk about COOL! Hubby is friends with the pilot-great guy-maybe he will let us fly on it some day? A girl can dream!
    What else… We bought a car? I hate buying cars… goodbye savings!

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

The chicken coop is taking longer to build then expected, erg! It *NEEDS* to be done today though, because the chip board will get ruined because it will be raining for several days to come. So it needs to be finished AND painted.

LBJ10

You bought a new car LEL? Wish I could buy one! LOL What kind is it?

Moxie – It seems most projects take longer than we think they will. I’m sure you’ll have it done soon though. It’s a good thing you started on it early.

I’m getting so mad at my computer. This thing is such a piece of junk. I was hurried into buying it because my husband wanted me to get a different one (my old computer has XP). Well, it has been nothing but trouble. It’s an ASUS transformer book. Never by one. The connection between the screen and keyboard is faulty and it constantly connects/reconnects. Now it keeps telling me my disk space is low. I have not installed anything extra on this computer except for the anti-virus software. It did this a few months ago too. It got to the point where nothing could update, so I restored the computer (completely wiped everything clean) and started over. Now it’s doing it again. =\

Stickerbunny
    Participant

If it’s not been long since you bought it, it sounds like faulty hardware, have you tried calling ASUS and seeing if they’ll fix it under their 1 year factory warranty? Ideally, you should have taken it back first time it did that, since they aren’t supposed to have disconnect issues with the screen. But, should still be able to get help if it’s under the factory warranty.

LBJ10

Stickerbunny – I called them right away about it. They said I would need to pay to ship it back to them and then it would be 6-8 weeks before they would send it back. At the time, I was in the middle of writing and trying to get things together for my thesis proposal. I don’t have access to the computer lab at my school anymore, so I couldn’t be out of a computer for 6-8 weeks. So I let it go. This was a year ago in April.

AaronJ
    Participant

slept in. managed to get to the local pet /pet supply store before close to pick up some hay and get taught how to trim nails. and in other shocking bunny news. apparently….it’s a boy! got him* weighed too. healthy 4.5lbs

Sr. Melangell
    Participant

Congratulations AaronJ 

Bam

Congrats Aaron J!

AaronJ
    Participant

Wait, you guys know i’m talking about my bun right? haha! yeah, we were convinced we had a girl based on our early vet visits and the few times we had the chance to “check”. we got talking with the teaching me how to properly trim the claws and i said i was “pretty” sure i had a girl, so he checks and looks up “congratulations, it’s a boy” kind of unexpected! right now we’re making some oat, carrot and pellet cookies I seen on youtube by StormyRabbits

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I’ve watched some of the videos by StormyRabbits.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 450 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.