Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat!! :D

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 450 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Im curious AH…..how do you go with getting vet treatment for Henry? Do you have a vet in Brisbane you trust?

AndHenry
    Participant

Yer, I used to go to Friday’s in the City with the hubby to watch the SOO – I danced and got drunk with everyone else who didn’t want to watch the game, LOL! And even funnier – I used to sell the tickets for the games, hahaha! If I was feeling cheeky, when someone asked what would be a good seat, I said ‘NONE’! hehehehehe……
    Why would you live anywhere else but Brissy??? We have the lifestyle and affordable housing compared to the other States – my favourite hang out is QPAC, the shows we have seen – I am going to see Jimmy Barnes there in July! ! I know Wynnum – it’s like the Southside version of where I live on the water. It’s beautiful! And your dog? A pitbull? I am a great believer that your dog is as good as you raise it. I had a Staffy growing up and she was the best ever! I’m now down to Shih Tsu’s and Maltese x Toy Poodle’s – to fit them all in our bed, hahaha!
    And I agree, they are not actively seeking out bunnies, but it just takes one person to DOB you in – I hate dibby dobber’s! LOL! I know there are a lot of bunnies kept in QLD – the law is just…. dumb! My Henry has been neutered and has his very own exotic vet and I now buy his food from Melbourne and get it delivered – all good! BTW – Henry can not escape. We had a scare once (still to soon for me to talk about, lol!) and I know for a fact he can’t escape us! LOL! And it’s a DATE! as soon as you get back to Brissy.

Yes! The Northside and Southside thing is REAL!!! Hahahaha. When my daughter moved to South Brisbane she never heard the end of it from us – traitor! My son is still loyal, hehehe…. and it’s just like SOO and the QLDer and NSW thing – gotta love it!
    GREAT – Now my BB friends are gonna know that I am weirder than I made myself out to be…. bugga! Ha ha ha!

PS – If you ever need help with a bunny name…. we *might* be able to help you out…. maybe??? Just start a new thread and see if anyone replies???
    (Hahahaha everyone, get your game face on and names ready!!!)

Little Lion Head
    Participant

dibby dobbers? Really Andi? lol!

I had a TV in my bedroom growing up but hubby and I have never had one in our room. I’d probably never sleep! The funny thing is, hubby got his first job as a kid to get his very own tv in his very own room and now his mean wife won’t let him have one!!!

LBJ–you should be able to find an interest free card…some times for up to 2 or 3 years! Shop around at different places (Lowe’s, Home Depot. Menards, etc.)

AndHenry
    Participant

I promise bam! One week to go….. I’ll even post photo’s when we are dressed up on the day before we leave – PROMISE!
    OH! And your not going to believe this, hahaha…. as quick as I asked if there was going to be a season 2 for True Detective, an advert came up LOL! It starts in about 2 weeks and it stars Vince Vaughn (I have no idea how to spell his surname, lol!) and I have it set to record – I can’t wait!!! You guys…. no wonder I watch to much tv, haha! Love it!!!

I have to laugh (at myself!)…. I booked into the hairdresser’s (for the first time in years) to get my hair cut, coloured and a’ practice’ bun (upstyle as they like to call and charge for it) ready for Den’s wedding. I came home and my ‘upstyle’ fell out within 3 hours – thank goodness I had a practice run and it didn’t happen on the day. I also said if the highlights could be silver/whitish as I hate that yellow gold look with my complexion – it looked ok till I washed it and now it looks, you guessed it – yellow gold! I was really annoyed and a little upset till I realised how clever I was paying all that money that I couldn’t really afford for a practice run. So I am getting Denny to cut my fringe properly when he comes over this Friday to cut the hubby’s and Blair’s hair, have bought a silver rinse to fix my hair colour and am now wearing my hair down and I’ll blowdry my fringe myself. Saved myself another fortune and I reckon I may look better than she (the hairdresser) had me looking – seriously, when I got home and looked at my ‘upstyle’ I reckon I looked like Alice from the Brady Bunch! I know I am getting old, but WTH??? She also talked me into getting my makeup done – I reckon I would have looked like a clown! No thanks! I’ll do it myself! I trust me!
    You know the stupid thing??? When I called to cancel the appointment for the wedding ‘DAY’ – I lied! I said I was getting ready at my daughter’s house on the other side of the City. I wish I could have said – your service SUCKED!

AndHenry
    Participant

NO one likes a ‘dibby dobber’ LLH, hahahaha! And the TV thing….. I think that came along after I had Den, LOL! But in all seriousness, it was so Blair could have the lounge room to watch his shows and DVD’s. No way am I watching Orange with Blair in the room – GASP! Lol!

Bam

Andi I had to look up Alice in Brady Bunch, that show has never aired here (I think), and I had to laugh. You should’ve told the hairdresser that’s how she made you look and that’s why you’re never coming back! (Although I don’t believe you actually could look like that.)

I support your decision to do your own makeup, I would’ve done the same thing. A stranger’s idea about an appropriate make up for the groom’s mother could differ very much from yours. It’s too important an event. As for silver rinse, I use a silver conditioner every time I wash my hair, to avoid yellowish highlights. You just musn’t let those rinses sit for too long or the hair may become purple, which could surprise other guests =) But of course Den would never let that happen to you.

AndHenry
    Participant

I’m almost ready to pack up and go to bed – NO I didn’t shave my leg’s tonight or break open the wine, I have Blair’s hospital appointment tomorrow morning (NOT the MRI – the heart monitor one) and I spose I better turn up looking intelligent (as much as I possibly can??? Lol) without a morning after headache or cut legs (yes I still cut myself – I hate being a girl now!), hahaha!

And I have been saving this last post for Moxie – OMG, look how beautiful Henrietta is!!! I adore that she is so unique, I love her so much! All the chick’s look beautiful, but there is that little something special about Henrietta. I too loved all the photo’s – thank you! And the chicken house??? WOW! You have no idea how impressed I am – beats Henry’s home made house, hahaha! Good thing Henry doesn’t have to live in his house or he’d be moving out to live the high life with your chicken’s Moxie, lol!
    I hope it’s ok to say on here that I got your PM but I still can’t reply – I can write, but when I hit send I get the whirling wheel and the non operational/timed out page. How do I know this??? I replied and got the ‘page’. So, I wrote again but this time I copied it before hitting send and it happened again. Did a paste and again it took me to the ‘page’! ONLY if your ok with it, I’d love to reply to you here – I am desperate to tell you what I think about something in particular, but I won’t till you tell me it’s ok. And I reckon everyone would think it’s super cool toooo! I’m sure you can tell I’m a little excited about it, hehehehe……
    I’ve also noticed you haven’t been on as much? You know I can be having a really bad day (like getting my hair done – good grief! Lol!) and I look forward to reading your posts as much as everyone else – you really are everyone’s joy here on BB, and I hope you know it. I’m also missing my other kiddies MK and Midnight – again, like Tokii, I hope they are just busy and all is ok.

Just for fun….. remember that wood thing with glitter gems stuck all over it that Blair made and bought home and the hubby and I have been passing off to each other??? I got the hubby a beauty yesterday, I packed it in his lunch bag – he sent me a picture text of it in his bag when he found it, hahaha! I woke up this morning to find it laying next to my face in bed – GASP! But very funny! I have been holding out all day trying to think of where to give it to him next??? If anyone has any ideas, please pass them on…. LOL!

And here I was telling Lee that you guys may think I’m weirder than I am – NOPE! You guys know me! Hahahaha……..

Ni night everyone…..

Sindri
    Participant

LBJ be happy you have a butt. lol Aren’t big butts in right now? I kind of don’t get that whole thing. Since I lost weight I lost my butt. I wasn’t prepared for that. I knew I would loose what boobs I had. I don’t mind that. Its been a year now and I lost 51lbs. I figured since I lost weight slowly all over time I wouldn’t have any loose skin but I do have a tiny bit here and there. I just choose not to look at my butt. lol

I am with JR I don’t have a tv in my room. I have blackout curtains so I can sleep. I also practice feng shui and its not good to have a tv in the bedroom.

AH Maybe you can put in in the shower if you hubby takes a shower in the morning? My hubby takes a shower every morning before I do. I would hde it in there the night before so he could find it.

Bam

Sindriona, congrats to the weight loss, that’s admirable!

In my experience, butts on the somewhat bigger side are generally appreciated by members of the opposite sex, LBJ. There are far worse bodily features.

I don’t have a tv in my bedroom either and nothing reminiscent of water/the sea because that’s also not supposed to be good according to Feng Shui. I have a three legged toad with a coin in it’s mouth in my hallway. (It’s made of clay, of course.)

LBJ10

I thought big butts were out? LOL They used to be in, but then everyone got over it. Unless you’re a Kardashian.

We’re supposed to go see a movie, so I will have to post later.

Hazel
    Participant

AndHenry: No, we haven’t watched any Orange yet, right now we aren’t really feeling like it.

We’ve had a bad day today. I would appreciate it if you guys could send some healing vibes to my hubby and me. I might not post much for a while, so don’t get worried.

Lee
    Participant

AH

Fridays! Nice haha. 

Oh I like Brisbane, Im just not sure why HE wants to live there he is a NSW boy! I think it is mostly because he has a fair few friends who live there and it is the closest capital city to his home town (He is from Yamba, NSW, well he grew up there but was born in Vic). 
    I have to say I have a much better appreciation for Brisbane now that I have lived here for 12 months. Port Hedland is very small, we don’t have a cinema, it is in the desert (but next to the ocean), so our ‘winter’ is still hitting almost 30degrees every day (not that I mind I dont like the cold haha), we get cyclones most years, other than that it rarely rains, you can’t go on nice long walks because you will either die of heat exhaustion or there is no where to go because the ground is covered in spinifex (spiky grass)! Haha I make it sound horrible but in actual fact it is also very beautiful. We go camping quite a lot so we get to explore the pretty places, and I love walking on the beach with the dogs. But I MISS the subtropical climate of SEQ, I miss long rambling walks or hikes with the dogs, so I will be super happy when we move back. 

I think I know where you live. I have a few friends who live in the same area too! I adore Wynnum, sucked moving away but at the time couldn’t afford to live so far from work. Yes she would be classed as a Pitbull based on how she looks, but she is a total sook. When asked I usually tell people she is an Amstaff mix. 

I also hate dibber dobbers! And yes I totally understand, not worth the risk really. The law is just dumb, it is so outdated, but I dont think it will change anytime soon, there just isn’t any motivation for them to do so. But lets face it, it is a pointless law considering a) people keep them anyways and b) all you have to do is walk into Tweed Heads which is NSW and there are loads of bunnies, who don’t give a flying rats about your law or the border haha. 
    No good you had a scare. Yes I would be ensuring we had a very very very secure bunny area in Qld, out of sight and no escape points.
    You will have to point me in the direction of your vet when I come back to old Brissie land. 

Hahah! My entire family still lives on the Southside, lucky for them or I would have to rib them forever. It is so weird, because aside from a couple people who live in your area, I barely know anyone on the Northside haha, we keep to ourselves in the South! lol! 
    It is ok, I am just as weird if not weirder than you. I am known for my over the top, loudness and weirdness (oh and gutter jokes). 

Ok might make a post up for names, just for giggles, but who knows someone may suggest something awesome!

JackRabbit
    Participant

Hazel — I’m sorry things aren’t going well. {{{{{Hazel and hubby}}}}}

AH — but you *love* the name Alice….!! How to re-gift the thing to hubby, hmmm. What about hanging it from the rear view mirror in his car? Maybe the sporty car?

Lee — do not let AH talk you into bunny naming help! LOL!

Sindriona — 51 lbs!!! That’s amazing ! Good job! And yes, big butts are in! Right LBJ?!?! That means we’re *hot*!!!
    I’ll take it! I had a big butt even when I was a size 2! Uh oh, not even going where that makes my butt now!

Lee
    Participant

Oh no JackRabbit – have I made a grave mistake? haha

LBJ10

Lee – You definitely made a mistake! Bring all of your bunny naming needs to me. Everyone knows that. But since you’re new here, I will forgive you.

Lee
    Participant

Ohhh I see now LBJ that you are in fact ‘Bunny Naming Master’….well I have just put up a post, would love some suggestions !

Little Lion Head
    Participant

((((((Hazel and Hubby)))))) hope everything is ok.

I’m still finding therm dibber dobbers hilarious! I’m assuming it’s an Aussie version of tattletale.

Lee I have to say I’m partial to JR when it comes to bunny naming. She solidified our decision to name Shamrock by throwing out the nickname Rocky. Now it’s really the only thing we call him. Oh, and she gave our duo the celebrity nickname PumpkRock, so there’s that. Haha just be ready for an all out brawl when the time comes for naming!!!

Sindriona–great work on your weight loss! I lost 70 pounds in college. Still have a butt; but no boobs at all!!! Always the first thing to go and the last thing to come back when I gain weight. Yay for push up bras?! OK sorry, tmi.

Andi–I love you and your hubby’s sense of humor. You two seem to have a lot of fun together even if he is an “idiot”. I like JR’s idea about the car!

Lee
    Participant

Hahaha! PumpRock! That is awesome! Well…the post is there, I am excited to see the brawling….wait I mean suggestions.

Dibber Dobbers is definitely the Aussie version of tattle tales.

I lost 66pounds (30kgs) a few years ago, naught me has put back on like 18 of those pounds over the last 12 months (I blame being in a relationship for it!) I would really like to lose it again. Ahh yes my boobs were the first to leave as well LLH!

Little Lion Head
    Participant

((((((Hazel and Hubby)))))) hope everything is ok.

I’m still finding therm dibber dobbers hilarious! I’m assuming it’s an Aussie version of tattletale.

Lee I have to say I’m partial to JR when it comes to bunny naming. She solidified our decision to name Shamrock by throwing out the nickname Rocky. Now it’s really the only thing we call him. Oh, and she gave our duo the celebrity nickname PumpkRock, so there’s that. Haha just be ready for an all out brawl when the time comes for naming!!!

Sindriona–great work on your weight loss! I lost 70 pounds in college. Still have a butt; but no boobs at all!!! Always the first thing to go and the last thing to come back when I gain weight. Yay for push up bras?! OK sorry, tmi.

Andi–I love you and your hubby’s sense of humor. You two seem to have a lot of fun together even if he is an “idiot”. I like JR’s idea about the car!

So Fluffy Bunny
    Participant

One more day of ac heck and then I don’t have to worry so much about if the pets are overheating. In addition to that, I am celebrating my 33 birthday with my fiancee and my family tomorrow, although the official day isn’t until Friday. Yay for some sort of small blessings coming because man we could use a break this month with the plumbing issue with my washing machine, the door not being able to shut and now the ac.

LBJ10

So much stuff I have missed!

Yes, we will be looking into getting interest-free financing somewhere. So I guess we will see what happens.

Wow, for those saying they lost weight, that is wonderful! I wish I had a little more self control. I was actually kind of trying, but things went out the window when we found ourselves without a refrigerator. =\

Oh Hazel, I hope it isn’t anything serious. Do know that you can come to us about anything. We are always here!

Aaron – I hope Rocket is doing better.

JackRabbit
    Participant

(Smiles really big and hugs LLH!….)

Lee — yes, my friend the Bunny Naming Master, *one* of the she’s who shall not be named! The other is ……..

You guys and the weight loss — you’re my heros! I’m still trying to lose the baby weight (he’s only 21 so I can use that a little while longer can’t I?!?). No matter what I do, the butt and boobs never seem to go away and its virtually impossible to suck either area in!

Lee
    Participant

Haha! The other one isn’t you is it JR! ITs either you or AndHenry I suspect….

Weight loss is the worst and the best. The best when you are losing it and feeling great and needing to buy smaller clothes and the worst when it just wont come off or just goes back on and suddenly your lovely new smaller clothes no longer fit argh!

Bam

Hazel, (((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))) for you and hubby.

The Law Bun
    Participant

Hazel- hope everything is alright

Weight Loss- honestly its the worst haha. I despise people who love working out lol. However I have lost about 20 pounds since January and the only way I could find to do it was (1) doing workout videos at my house (I am not a fan of gyms AT ALL and I hate running), (2) Just not having a lot of food in my house (I cannot stop myself from eating a whole bag of chips in one sitting while playing video games), (3) forcing myself to do it in the morning.

Quick question guys, Lilith’s 6 month bday is coming up which is kind of like a 16th birthday, so I want to make her some special treat and I have seen some posts on here about homemade cakes/cookies or whatever. Anyone have a good recipe . I cannot wait! Her two favorite cat friends are coming in town for it as well (my sister and her bf’s 2 cats). So I doubt she will be getting much sleep lol. It was pretty funny after the last weekend Lilith spent with the cats, she started walking kinda like a cat for a few days (no kidding like one foot in front of the other stalking style rather than the mini hops).

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 450 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.